Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix/Save the Steelers Official Message Board Petition

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Fix/Save the Steelers Official Message Board Petition

I post this thread with permission from Hometowngal and company! Thanks for letting me post this and (eventually) sticky-ing it for me!

Anyways...as you can probably tell by the title...this thread is regarding a petition that has been created to fix/save (upgrade/etc) the Official Steelers MB. To make a long story short its a broken piece of crap...and they refuse to do anything about it so a petition was created to possibly bring this ongoing issue to the Steelers attention with hope of getting a new Official MB. You do not have to be a member of the official MB to sign it...any and all Steeler fans who agree with it can sign it...and it only takes a couple of seconds to do so. Here is the text from the petition (it goes into a little more detail)

"This petition is directed at the Pittsburgh Steelers organization regarding the state of the Steelers Official Messages Board located currently at http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/ .

The Steelers Official Message Board has been out of date for years upon years based on the current technology that is out there. Its not the easiest board to navigate, especially for those who are not familiar with it, the private messaging system is also one of the worst. There have been numerous errors, collapses and issues with the message board…from people registering but not being able to post to messages just disappearing. On top of this the Steelers.com team has for some reason either removed the message board link from the main site or just somehow forgot to put it back up.

Recently the message board was completely down for a number of days...finally over the last couple of days (during the week of 10-3-11) the board was back up...mostly. None of the buttons are showing along with a number of other errors.

This issue has caused probably the biggest reaction of any of the issues over the years...people are loosing hope and wanting to go elsewhere. However the members of the board are such a strong and proud community of die hard Steelers fans they do not want to leave their "home". There are guys who have been here forever it seems...some have over 10,000 posts, while others are just starting out. There are people from all over the world who participate in discussions on the message board.

Steelers fans are some of the most dedicated and passionate sports fans in the entire world...and they deserve better than this from their favorite team. Most other teams have awesome official message boards that are a thing of beauty. Yet one of the greatest and more historic sports teams in the world (and record 6 time Super Bowl champions) has this http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/ for a message board?

For less than a measly $200 they can purchase the software/coding/etc to have a great message board from www.vbulletin.com/ ...among other sites.

Hopefully the people within the Pittsburgh Steelers organization will take notice and finally do something about this problem and give their dedicated fans a great new place to call "home"!

Thank you!"

PETITION LINK: http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/steelersmb

Thanks for your support!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Fix/Save the Steelers Official Message Board Petition

I left that board years ago because it was complete crap. If they redo that board, I'd consider posting there again.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I left that board years ago because it was complete crap. If they redo that board, I'd consider posting there again.
    Ditto on the first part. As far as going back there, hell no, worst moderated message board I've ever visited.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

They still have a message board over there?

LOL
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

I'll take a page from this countries current Senate on the Steeler's Official MB: "let them fail"............. because their not gonna change it...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Ditto on the first part. As far as going back there, hell no, worst moderated message board I've ever visited.
    This. I got banned for saying "hell" during a gameday thread.

(bad word) LeBeau.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Thread has been stickied. As for the petition, HTG, zulater and I were members there way back before the "redesign"...it was much better back then even though it was pretty generic. I've read it once or twice since then and saw a lot of complaints from the members and had several people over at SF and here complain about how bad it is. It's a shame that the greatest franchise in the NFL has such a piece of crap for a message board. And don't get me started on the moderation. It wasn't very good 10 years ago...it's obviously much worse now.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    This. I got banned for saying "hell" during a gameday thread.

(bad word) LeBeau.
    Good old "Bad word"! I almost forgot that.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Must be real bad. I couldn't even find that forum until this thread.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Just tell them to redirect the traffic to the best forum on the web, Steelers Universe.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Must be real bad. I couldn't even find that forum until this thread.
    I miss Ray D and hillbillybiker - they were good dudes. Not even sure if they're still there, though, since I split from that place almost 6 years ago now.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Isn't that were the legend of Pimply Dan was born?

"they need to start wining some games and they can no lose any more games."

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

I miss Ray D and hillbillybiker - they were good dudes. Not even sure if they're still there, though, since I split from that place almost 6 years ago now.
    Ray D is still there...dont think i've seen the other person before.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Yes thats where he was born! :-)

Yep!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

The sage who saved the 2005 Steelers season!

The one and only post the guy ever made and the Steelers ran off seven wins in a row including Super Bowl XL after he made it.

Yep!

This was definitely before my time there for sure. And wow hell wasnt (bad word)ed out...amazing. And a Harley place presented the board?

Come on guys...I know we can do better than this. This is obviously not a ploy to try to lure anyone here to the Steelers MB...or anything like that. This is just to try to get the attention of someone within the organization to fix this and make it right. Steelers fans tend to want the best of everything (like an OL/etc)...and its no different with things like this. Even if i wasnt a member of the Official MB i'd still be into helping. All thats needed is a couple seconds of your time and your name (the other 2 fields are not required). Together we can make a difference...thanks again!

I'd like to get at least 100 signatures on this thing...we're at 62 right now...those who havent signed it COME ON...it only will take a few seconds. And those of you who have Steeler friends who are not on here...forward it to them...we can make 100...i mean this is Steeler Nation...one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) fan base in the world and we cant get 100 signatures (though we should be able to get 1000s).

Signed. That board has been a disgrace for years and the Steelers organization can and should put up something a lot better. I mean, do they even have a link to it from Steelers.com anymore?

Signed. That board has been a disgrace for years and the Steelers organization can and should put up something a lot better. I mean, do they even have a link to it from Steelers.com anymore?
    Thanks! And no...a number of months ago it disappeared from the main site...i think it was when they posted the new re-design maybe...i'm not sure.

Signed. The bungles to a better job than the the Steelers have.

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    Thanks! And no...a number of months ago it disappeared from the main site...i think it was when they posted the new re-design maybe...i'm not sure.
    That doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense - obviously someone is (halfway) maintaining it, otherwise it would have probably never recovered from the recent downtime you described in your OP. Why not include a link to it on the main page?

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I tried signing up for that website before SF, but my account vanished. I also felt people there were too negative and bashed everything.

That doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense - obviously someone is (halfway) maintaining it, otherwise it would have probably never recovered from the recent downtime you described in your OP. Why not include a link to it on the main page?
    I know it dont make sense. And to further prove SOMEONE is keeping an eye on it. I posted a thread on there about the petition while i was waiting for the petition to be approved...and the next afternoon that thread had been deleted somehow and i had to make a new one. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I tried signing up for that website before SF, but my account vanished.
    At some point, it apparently became harder to join that board than the French Foreign Legion. Along with other longstanding problems with it.

I know it dont make sense. And to further prove SOMEONE is keeping an eye on it. I posted a thread on there about the petition while i was waiting for the petition to be approved...and the next afternoon that thread had been deleted somehow and i had to make a new one. Go figure.
    Sounds like they still frown heavily upon any external links to anything. Complaining about the technical issues of the board (which have always seemed to have been there and sound as if they have just gotten worse) was pretty much verboten too. It was down for a good week immediately after SB XL, as I recall.

Sounds like they still frown heavily upon any external links to anything. Complaining about the technical issues of the board (which have always seemed to have been there and sound as if they have just gotten worse) was pretty much verboten too.
    With some stuff yes...with other stuff no. Guess it depends what mood the people/person or whatever are in.

With some stuff yes...with other stuff no. Guess it depends what mood the people/person or whatever are in.
    I remember someone posted 2 pictures side by side - one of Charlie Batch and one of the Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz (which was absolutely hilarious - Charlie does look like the Cowardly Lion!) and they deleted the thread, yet they let other things which most definitely should have been deleted slide.