Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The O-fishal Tour de France Thread

BRINGIN' IT! Array title="Indo is on a distinguished road"> Indo's Avatar

The O-fishal Tour de France Thread

OK. LeTour is just around the corner.

Who is gonna be standing on the top of the podium in Paris?

Armstrong? Contador? Leipheimer? Evans? One of the Schlecks?

It's gonna be a good one---Contador is, arguably, one of the best (if not The Best) climber in the world right now. But Astana sucks as far as the "team" goes. The Shack, on the other hand, is hand-picked and coached by the Winningest (!) TdF Director Sportif ever.
    Bruyneel is a master tactician. And Lance has no reason to hold back this year. On the contrary, I'm guessing he's gonna want to pound Contador into the ground.

Here's a good article:

http://www.versus.com/blogs/the-expe...our-de-france/
    "Chuck Noll is building one hell of a football team up in Pittsburgh. I look for the Steelers to be the team of the future. Just remember I said that."
    - - - Immortal Packers coach Vince Lombardi in 1970, two years before the Steelers even made the playoffs under Noll

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Re: The O-fishal Tour de France Thread

Since I'm new to cycling, I don't know all the intricacies of a good race team, but neighbor has been educating me on some of these names.

He thinks contador is going to take it but I honestly believe that Lance will pull through with the yellow jersey in Paris. And here's why. He's got a better team around him, his finish in the Tour De Suisse showed he still has it in him. I believe he used the last race to watch the competitors. Contador is going to be the challenger but his team will be his down fall.

I like Andy Schleck and I also like the guy that has the Captain America time trial bike (Zobriske - I believe) but I don't think either of them can compete over the long haul of the tour.

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

You're right Indo, it is going to be a heck of a TDF. The competition between Contador and Armstrong is going to be fierce. Unfortunately I think that Contador can hold his own even against a superior team in the mountains. The Schleks are going to be a force, Cadel Evans finally has a great team surrounding him, and don't count out Christian Vandevelde of Garmin. He has a strong team around him also and from what I have read is fully recovered from his injuries. I cannot wait to see what happens.

Any sleepers out there that nobody is talking about?

BTW Indo, got permission to get a new bike from the boss. Here it is: http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2.../prices-specs/
    only thing I am doing different is putting my Easton wheelset on it to replace the entry level Fulcrums that come on it
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
    You're right Indo, it is going to be a heck of a TDF. The competition between Contador and Armstrong is going to be fierce. Unfortunately I think that Contador can hold his own even against a superior team in the mountains. The Schleks are going to be a force, Cadel Evans finally has a great team surrounding him, and don't count out Christian Vandevelde of Garmin. He has a strong team around him also and from what I have read is fully recovered from his injuries. I cannot wait to see what happens.

BTW Indo, got permission to get a new bike from the boss. Here it is: http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2.../prices-specs/
    only thing I am doing different is putting my Easton wheelset on it to replace the entry level Fulcrums that come on it

Sweet machine...

We'll see what happens. Contador will be tough. But I think Lance was in the race to promote the Livestrong message last year. He decided to ride late in the season and didn't train like he usually does. Contador acted like an asshat to him. Now he (Lance) has a mission...)
    "Chuck Noll is building one hell of a football team up in Pittsburgh. I look for the Steelers to be the team of the future. Just remember I said that."
    - - - Immortal Packers coach Vince Lombardi in 1970, two years before the Steelers even made the playoffs under Noll

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Cadel Evans has a couple of podium finishes over the past few tours

He has good form coming into the tour and yes finally he has something that resembling a team around him.

If he nails it in the first time trial he is going to be right in the mix of things. This guy is tough as nails and we Aussies have high hopes this year

Is it true - have I seen Alexander Vinakurov back cycling. His doping ban must have been served

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Yes, Vino has served his doping ban (2 year suspension)---I saw him riding in one of the Classics (he won Liege-Bastogne-Liege)

And yes, Evans will be a definite contender for the Yellow---with BMC he has some great support...including Hincapie

Saxobank can't be taken lightly, either

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Saxobank with the Schleck brothers are tough. Heck, they also have Voigt, Cancellera, Rasmussen, and O'Grady, that is one well rounded team when you throw in the domestiques. The think Saxobank is going to have to figure out is who is going to be their main man in the mountains. Last year I think Andy hurt himself dropping back to try to get his brother on the podium during the last big climb. One has to be the main man, and the other has to ride to support him, if that doesn't happen neither of them can win.

Indo, can you really blame Contador for treating Lance like an ass? I just would kind of compare it to Favre coming to the Steelers and trying to take over the team, how would Ben act? Don't get me wrong, Contador is not a team player one bit, and that is going to hurt him in the tour with the other strong teams out there.

Does HTC-Columbia have any real threats for the yellow this year? So far this season I just keep hearing in a couple of years this guy or that, and Tony Martin (I beleive it was him) didn't look good once the climbers started attacking in the Tour de Swiss

Here's htc-Columbia's Tour team:

HTC - Columbia (THR)
    (USA)
    CAVENDISH Mark GBR
    EISEL Bernhard AUT
    GRABSCH Bert GER
    HANSEN Adam AUS
    MARTIN Tony GER
    MONFORT Maxime BEL
    RENSHAW Mark AUS
    ROGERS Michael AUS
    SIUTSOU Kanstantsin BLR

I don't know all of them, but I can't see any real contenders for the yellow.
    I think Cavendish will take the Green and the team will be working for him on the flat-stages for his lead-out

Here are the rest of the Tour Rosters:

Ag2r - La Mondiale (ALM)
    (FRA)
    BOUET Maxime FRA
    CHAMPION Dimitri FRA
    ELMIGER Martin SUI
    GADRET John FRA
    LE LAY David FRA
    MONDORY Lloyd FRA
    NOCENTINI Rinaldo ITA
    RIBLON Christophe FRA
    ROCHE Nicolas IRL
    Astana (AST)
    (KAZ)
    CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto ESP
    DE LA FUENTE RASILLA David ESP
    GRIVKO Andriy UKR
    HERNANDEZ BLAZQUEZ Jesus ESP
    IGLINSKIY Maxim KAZ
    NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel ESP
    NOVAL GONZALEZ Benjamin ESP
    TIRALONGO Paolo ITA
    VINOKOUROV Alexandre KAZ
    Bbox - Bouygues Telecom (BBO)
    (FRA)
    ARASHIRO Yukiya JPN
    CHARTEAU Anthony FRA
    FEDRIGO Pierrick FRA
    GAUTIER Cyril FRA
    ROLLAND Pierre FRA
    SPRICK Mathieu FRA
    TURGOT Sébastien FRA
    VOECKLER Thomas FRA
    VOGONDY Nicolas FRA
    BMC Racing (BMC)
    (USA)
    BALLAN Alessandro ITA
    BOOKWALTER Brent USA
    BURGHARDT Marcus GER
    EVANS Cadel AUS
    FRANK Mathias SUI
    HINCAPIE George USA
    KROON Karsten NED
    MORABITO Steve SUI
    SANTAMBROGIO Mauro ITA
    Cofidis, le Credit en Ligne (COF)
    (FRA)
    AUGE Stéphane FRA
    DUMOULIN Samuel FRA
    EL FARES Julien FRA
    KERN Christophe FRA
    MINARD Sébastien FRA
    MOINARD Amaël FRA
    MONIER Damien FRA
    PAURIOL Rémi FRA
    TAARAMÄE Rein EST
    Cervélo Test Team (CTT)
    (SUI)
    FLORENCIO CABRE Xavier ESP
    GUSTOV Volodymir UKR
    HUNT Jeremy GBR
    HUSHOVD Thor NOR
    KLIER Andreas GER
    KONOVALOVAS Ignatas LTU
    LANCASTER Brett AUS
    LLOYD Daniel GBR
    SASTRE CANDIL Carlos ESP
    Euskaltel - Euskadi (EUS)
    (ESP)
    ISASI FLORES Iñaki ESP
    MARTINEZ DE ESTEBAN Egoi ESP
    OROZ UGALDE Juan Jose ESP
    PEREZ LEZAUN Alan ESP
    PEREZ MORENO Ruben ESP
    SANCHEZ GONZALEZ Samuel ESP
    TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets ESP
    VELASCO MURILLO Ivan ESP
    VERDUGO MARCOTEGUI Gorka ESP
    Française des Jeux (FDJ)
    (FRA)
    CASAR Sandy FRA
    DI GREGORIO Rémy FRA
    GESLIN Anthony FRA
    LADAGNOUS Matthieu FRA
    LE MEVEL Christophe FRA
    ROUX Anthony FRA
    ROY Jérémy FRA
    SULZBERGER Wesley AUS
    VAUGRENARD Benoît FRA
    Footon - Servetto (FOT)
    (ESP)
    BENITEZ ROMAN Jose Alberto ESP
    CAPECCHI Eros ITA
    CARDOSO Manuel Antonio Leal POR
    CHEULA Giampaolo ITA
    DURAN AROCA Arkaitz ESP
    EIBEGGER Markus AUT
    FELLINE Fabio ITA
    MAYOZ ETXEBERRIA Iban ESP
    VALLS FERRI Rafael ESP
    Caisse d'Epargne (GCE)
    (ESP)
    ERVITI OLLO Imanol ESP
    FARIA COSTA Rui Alberto POR
    GUTIERREZ PALACIOS Jose Ivan ESP
    KIRYIENKA Vasil BLR
    MOREAU Christophe FRA
    PERGET Mathieu FRA
    PLAZA MOLINA Ruben ESP
    ROJAS GIL Jose Joaquin ESP
    SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon ESP
    Garmin - Transitions (GRM)
    (USA)
    DEAN Julian NZL
    FARRAR Tyler USA
    HESJEDAL Ryder CAN
    HUNTER Robert RSA
    MAASKANT Martijn NED
    MILLAR David GBR
    VANDE VELDE Christian USA
    VANSUMMEREN Johan BEL
    ZABRISKIE David USA
    Katusha (KAT)
    (RUS)
    BRUTT Pavel RUS
    IVANOV Serguei RUS
    KARPETS Vladimir RUS
    KOLOBNEV Alexandr RUS
    MCEWEN Robbie AUS
    PLIUSCHIN Alexandre MDA
    RODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquin ESP
    VANDENBERGH Stijn BEL
    VORGANOV Eduard RUS
    Lampre - Farnese Vini (LAM)
    (ITA)
    BOLE Grega SLO
    CUNEGO Damiano ITA
    DA DALTO Mauro ITA
    GAVAZZI Francesco ITA
    HONDO Danilo GER
    LORENZETTO Mirco ITA
    MALORI Adriano ITA
    PETACCHI Alessandro ITA
    SPILAK Simon SLO
    Liquigas - Doimo (LIQ)
    (ITA)
    BASSO Ivan ITA
    BELLOTTI Francesco ITA
    KREUZIGER Roman CZE
    KUSCHYNSKI Aleksandr BLR
    OSS Daniel ITA
    PELLIZOTTI Franco ITA
    QUINZIATO Manuel ITA
    SZMYD Sylwester POL
    VANDBORG Brian Bach DEN
    Milram (MRM)
    (GER)
    CIOLEK Gerald GER
    FRÖHLINGER Johannes GER
    GERDEMANN Linus GER
    KLUGE Roger GER
    KNEES Christian GER
    ROBERTS Luke AUS
    ROHREGGER Thomas AUT
    TERPSTRA Niki NED
    WEGMANN Fabian GER
    OmegaPharma - Lotto (OLO)
    (BEL)
    AERTS Mario BEL
    DE GREEF Francis BEL
    DELAGE Mickael FRA
    LANG Sebastian GER
    LLOYD Matthew AUS
    MORENO FERNANDEZ Daniel ESP
    ROELANDTS Jürgen BEL
    VAN DEN BROECK Jurgen BEL
    WEGELIUS Charles GBR
    Quick Step (QST)
    (BEL)
    BARREDO LLAMAZALES Carlos ESP
    CHAVANEL Sylvain FRA
    DE WEERT Kevin BEL
    DEVENYNS Dries BEL
    PINEAU Jérôme FRA
    SEELDRAEYERS Kevin BEL
    VAN DE WALLE Jurgen BEL
    WEYLANDT Wouter BEL
    WYNANTS Maarten BEL
    Rabobank (RAB)
    (NED)
    BOOM Lars NED
    FREIRE GOMEZ Oscar ESP
    GARATE CEPA Juan Manuel ESP
    GESINK Robert NED
    MENCHOV Denis RUS
    MOERENHOUT Koos NED
    NIERMANN Grischa GER
    TANKINK Bram NED
    TJALLINGII Maarten NED
    RadioShack (RSH)
    (USA)
    ARMSTRONG Lance USA
    BRAJKOVIC Janez SLO
    HORNER Chris USA
    KLÖDEN Andreas GER
    LEIPHEIMER Levi USA
    MURAVYEV Dmitriy KAZ
    PAULINHO Sergio Miguel Moreira POR
    POPOVYCH Yaroslav UKR
    RAST Grégory SUI
    Saxo Bank (SAX)
    (DEN)
    BRESCHEL Matti DEN
    CANCELLARA Fabian SUI
    FUGLSANG Jakob DEN
    O'GRADY Stuart AUS
    SCHLECK Andy LUX
    SCHLECK Fränk LUX
    SÖRENSEN Chris Anker DEN
    SÖRENSEN Nicki DEN
    VOIGT Jens GER
    Sky (SKY)
    (GBR)
    BARRY Michael CAN
    BOASSON HAGEN Edvald NOR
    CUMMINGS Stephen GBR
    FLECHA GIANNONI Juan Antonio ESP
    GERRANS Simon AUS
    LÖFKVIST Thomas SWE
    PAUWELS Serge BEL
    THOMAS Geraint GBR
    WIGGINS Bradley GBR
    HTC - Columbia (THR)
    (USA)
    CAVENDISH Mark GBR
    EISEL Bernhard AUT
    GRABSCH Bert GER
    HANSEN Adam AUS
    MARTIN Tony GER
    MONFORT Maxime BEL
    RENSHAW Mark AUS
    ROGERS Michael AUS
    SIUTSOU Kanstantsin BLR

http://www.versus.com/blogs/2010-tou...our-de-france/

I see your point about Contador, he handled it poorly and caused a lot of in-fighting on the team. He attacked his team's yellow jersey! And when he got it, Lance backed off and did not attack him...

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Cavendish is going to be a beast in the sprints, particularly with Rogers and Renshaw. Rogers is one of the stronger lead out men around

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar

Dude sweet ride. I just bought a 2009 Bottechia off ebay. Not bad for my first ever road bike. Took it out last Saturday and road 50 miles (3H 7M 50S), and probably by the end of summer will be riding in some B Groups locally.

I'd like to see Zobriskie, take a few sprints. I like his Captain America sprint helmet. I was impressed watching him in the Tour De Suisse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    Cavendish is going to be a beast in the sprints, particularly with Rogers and Renshaw. Rogers is one of the stronger lead out men around
    Cavendish needs to hold his line better than he did at the Tour De Suisse. That wreck was a thing of beauty. I'd love to know what he was thinking to jump out that far. Not sure if he thought he had the clearing or what.

Doesn't matter, I can't wait for the prologue to start tomorrow!

STEELERS NATION

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

Le Tour - the contenders

Alberto Contador, the favourite and defending champion, lines up in an Astana team that is something of a mystery package, with the exception of the man who is likely to be his most valuable ally: Alexandre Vinokourov.

We all know Vino, but for the wrong reasons, after he exited his last Tour, in 2007, in disgrace, having been busted for blood doping. Even die-hard fans of the Spaniard must have mixed feelings about the prospect of a Vino-flanked Contador riding to victory.

But it might not happen, because the early stages, especially the cobbles on stage three, throw up the kind of hazards that are not to Contador's liking, and could prove his undoing.
    Flatter to decieve

On the other hand, it is the kind of terrain - and challenge - that Lance Armstrong loves. Contador has identified the American seven-time winner as his number one rival, which could have a lot to do with the windy, cobbled early stages - exactly the sort of stages in which Armstrong and his Radioshack team could launch an ambush.

Then again, Armstrong has flattered to deceive this year. Actually, that's being kind: other than finishing second at the recent Tour de Suisse, he has done nothing to suggest he can win this Tour, far less to justify Contador's "strongest rival" claim.

Although the same could be said last year, when he ended up third, this year his main strength appears to be that he has other cards to play. Levi Leipheimer and Andreas Kloden, both podium finishers in the past, are getting on a bit to be included in the A-list of contenders, but, together with Armstrong, they could put Contador under pressure. And this much is certain: Armstrong will use any opportunity he can to give Contador a tough time, on any stage, and with any combination of Radioshack riders.

Then there are the Schleck brothers, Andy, second last year, and Frank. It is the elder of the two, Frank, who has shown more consistent form this season, winning the Tour de Suisse. Yet Frank has never really looked like a Tour winner - unlike Andy.

Andy has had what can kindly be described as an enigmatic season. Injury disrupted it, and he admitted, in his blog on Cyclingnews this week, that his preparation has "been very good - not excellent." It wasn't helped, either, by a crash last week. He hit a rock in the road - at least it wasn't a black cat.

Interestingly, Schleck junior seems to be banking on hitting his best form in the tough final week in the Pyrenees. Which might be a good strategy - unless disaster strikes in the cobbles or crosswinds of northern Europe in week one.

And there is another intriguing subplot to the Schleck challenge: the news, leaked this week, that they could be joining a new Luxembourg-based team in 2011. Bjarne Riis, their boss at Saxo Bank, was caught on the hop by this - he also lost his senior director, Kim Andersen, who has already committed himself to this new venture - and he appears to be fizzing.

It suggests team disharmony at Saxo Bank, which is hardly ideal going into a three-week Tour. Just ask Contador - last year his greatest challenge, as he admitted afterwards, was "the hotel." In other words, the atmosphere in his team - with Armstrong apparently seeking to undermine the Spaniard at every opportunity - almost defeated him.
    Indeed, the fact that Contador prevailed, despite everything he had to overcome last year, is precisely why he is the strong favourite. Yet he is the strong favourite who could be out of it by Tuesday evening, thanks to those cobbles.

Contador, Armstrong and Andy Schleck are the obvious favourites - and also the riders who finished on the podium last year. Of the others, Bradley Wiggins will lead Team Sky and aim to better his fourth-place finish last year - but he remains, after a quiet but well-planned build up, and with only that performance to go by, a largely unknown quantity, and he needs a high overall placing (not necessarily as high as last year, but top ten at a minimum) to confirm his status as a serious Grand Tour contender.

Ivan Basso, the recent Giro d'Italia winner, also seems a strong bet for the podium - he has been there before, before his doping ban. And Cadel Evans, twice second in the past, is having his best ever season - again, a win seems unlikely, but it would be a surprise if he didn't finish near the podium.

Podium finishes for Carlos Sastre, the 2008 winnner, and Denis Menchov, the 2009 Giro winner, would be astonishing, since both have been all but invisible.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/sto...240472,00.html

------------------------

Contador owns Lance

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Interesting first big stage in the Alps today. Team Astana controlled most of the day on the climbs, but Schleck showed a bit more of an ability to climb away from Contador at the end.........which makes things interesting.

Lance lost over 10 minutes, so it looks like its gonna be between Schleck, Contador and Evans this year. Tuesday is gonna be another big day as the Col de Marie Blanc is a wall of a mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Interesting first big stage in the Alps today. Team Astana controlled most of the day on the climbs, but Schleck showed a bit more of an ability to climb away from Contador at the end.........which makes things interesting.

Lance lost over 10 minutes, so it looks like its gonna be between Schleck, Contador and Evans this year. Tuesday is gonna be another big day as the Col de Marie Blanc is a wall of a mountain.
    Very interesting stage today GONZ.

Crash in the first 6kms that brought down Evans and a few others.

Team SKY tried to control the first climb for Bradley Wiggins, which backfired badly.

Astana ( most importantly Navarro) dominated the two final climbs to absolutely destroy the hopes on 98% of the tour riders today. How interesting was it to see Alexander Vinkourov ride as a domestique today.

At best there are probably only 5 riders left that can now theoretically win this tour. In reality there may only be three.

Saxobank conserved a bit more energy today (compared to Astana) and Andy Schleck showed the power that he has in the final kilometre. I was surprised to see Contador left in his slipstream. Evans was caught out by the attack and was dropped badly. To his credit he muscled his way back onto the group and accelerated to get back on Contadors wheel.

It is probably a bit early in the race for Evans to be in Yellow and his team may not be strong enough to help him over the next few stages. Hincappie will be invaluable for Evans on the flat stages but Evans will need to shadow Schleck and Contadors every move over the next few days.

Sad in a way to see Armstrong fall so many times. Today was the end of an Era in world cycling. Armstrong was totally blown out of the race.

Gonz- I desperately want to see Evans hang onto the yellow but I think he would gladly give the yellow to Schleck and sit back and wait for the final timetrial to make his move.

I love this time of year GOnz. Unfortunately there are many late nights ahead for me.

A few years back I remember thinking that Andy Schleck would win the Yellow in the next 3-5 years. After seeing him just pull away from Contador I think that this might be his year. But Contador certainly isn't out yet. Neither is Evans. There's a whole lot of Tour left...

As for Lance---
    He just didn't/doesn't seem to have the same Focus and Intensity as he has in past Tours. There was No Way he was going to lose in the past. This year he kept saying, "We'll see".
    Either the run of bad luck (and all the crashes---something he has avoided up until now) or the Lack of Focus/ Intensity has finally caught up with him (perhaps the lack of Focus is what lead to all of the crashes?). An article in Bicycling Magazine describes the situation very well---he has become a Super-Domestique for Levi. While I do like Levi, I don't think he can beat Schleck or Contador (maybe he can beat Evans)...
    Schleck has the added motivation of riding for his brother Frank, who has crashed-out with a fractured collarbone. He's my pick to win.

EDIT:
    Aussie---you may be right about Evans pulling it out in the TT. Schleck can't TT very well and I think Contador, while getting better at it, got lucky last year in the TT (his arrogance in thinking that he has it "in the bag" will be his undoing)

Col de la Madeleine Tomorrow-----first HC climb

should be a good one

http://www.letour.fr/indexus.html

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

Lance crashed - then he cracked on the first big climb - then he crashed again - that was all she wrote.

Down to 2 now.

Schleck and Contador are strong.

Cadel Evans bonked on the Col de la Madeleine

Overall standings after Stage 9

1.SCHLECK A.SAX 43h 35' 41"
    2.CONTADOR A.AST 00' 41"
    3.SANCHEZ S.EUS0 2' 45"
    4.MENCHOV D.RAB0 2' 58"
    5.VAN DEN BROECK J.OLO0 3' 31"
    6.LEIPHEIMER L.RSH0 3' 59"
    7.GESINK R.RAB0 4' 22"
    8.SANCHEZ L.GCE0 4' 41"
    9.RODRIGUEZ OLIVER J.KAT0 5' 08"
    10.BASSO I.LIQ0 5' 09"

And then there were Two...

Both Schleck and Contador look good. But Andy looks a little better---Although Contador has been responding well, seems to me that Schleck is doing all of the attacking.

He's up 41 seconds. You know what they say about the Maillot Jaune---it gives the wearer Superhuman Strength. I think if Andy is still wearing it for the Time Trial he will win the Tour. We will see the TT ride of his Life...

I have always liked him, but watching him on the Col de la Madeleine, I am convinced that Jens Voight is a Beast! Watching the Pain on his face as he pulled Schleck up that monster was impressive...

I haven't seen Stage 11 yet----but apparently Renshaw was Banished (DQ'd) for headbutting during the final sprint. Not even Relegated to last on the Stage----but DQ'd from the Tour. Harsh.

(No video---just the story)
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...VzQrcyIJh1jEew

Contador gained 10 seconds on Andy today during the ending climb. But Contador pedaled behind Andy for most of the ride, then broke out with only a bit of road left to climb. Andy didn't pursue him with any urgency.

However, I noticed the other day that Andy had Contador struggling up the mountain so I can only hope that Team Saxo Bank and Andy put the pressure on Contador as they head into the Pyreness this weekend.

Sick 'em Andy!!!

STEELERS NATION

Quote Originally Posted by Indo View Post
    And then there were Two...

Both Schleck and Contador look good. But Andy looks a little better---Although Contador has been responding well, seems to me that Schleck is doing all of the attacking.

He's up 41 seconds. You know what they say about the Maillot Jaune---it gives the wearer Superhuman Strength. I think if Andy is still wearing it for the Time Trial he will win the Tour. We will see the TT ride of his Life...

I have always liked him, but watching him on the Col de la Madeleine, I am convinced that Jens Voight is a Beast! Watching the Pain on his face as he pulled Schleck up that monster was impressive...

I haven't seen Stage 11 yet----but apparently Renshaw was Banished (DQ'd) for headbutting during the final sprint. Not even Relegated to last on the Stage----but DQ'd from the Tour. Harsh.

(No video---just the story)
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...VzQrcyIJh1jEew
    Renshaw looked like he was in a wrestling match and then tried to "explain" that he needed to do that to stay upright. Don't know if he should have been DQ'd but his moves were very unprofessional.

STEELERS NATION

I watched the video of Renshaw over and over. I agree with the DQ.
    Shoulder bumping happens all the time in the sprints, but I haven't ever seen headbutting like that. In and of itself, the headbutting should have gotten him relegated to last place for that stage.
    BUT---he then blatantly cut-off Tyler Farrar and nearly rode him into the wall...The very thing that he was accusing Dean of doing and the alleged reason for him headbutting Dean---
    I think it probably was the combination of actions that got him DQ'd from the race. While I'm not a big fan of the Frenchy French, the Tour organizers have to do their best to keep it safe for the riders, and DQing him, IMO, sent a strong message that they won't tolerate that kind of behavior.

Although Contador has regained 10 seconds on Schleck, he still can't make the big break-away...They both look good and it will come down to the Time Trial.
    Can the Maillot jaune give Andy the Ride of his Life?

More brutal climbs today

Missed the whole tour this year, and was not happy about it. Had to go to Knoxville, TN for a training course and they didn't have Versus up there. That sucked! But on the bright side though for my cycling friends, I was able to puchase a new bike when I got home. I bought the Cervelo RS, full carbon, Ultegra, and upgraded the wheels to Easton EA70s. I love that bike

Missed the whole tour this year, and was not happy about it. Had to go to Knoxville, TN for a training course and they didn't have Versus up there. That sucked! But on the bright side though for my cycling friends, I was able to puchase a new bike when I got home. I bought the Cervelo RS, full carbon, Ultegra, and upgraded the wheels to Easton EA70s. I love that bike
    Let's see a pic!

STEELERS NATION

Quote Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
    Let's see a pic!
    No pic, but here is the website. I got the black and silver one, absolutely beautiful!

http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2010/RS/

I'm jealous!

STEELERS NATION

She is a great ride. Getting ready to go up to NC and ride mt. Mitchell on it. That will be the true test of how she rides

I've had to cut back my riding, did something to my right leg that's killing me. IT SUCKS!

Good luck on the ride. Hit GA for 6-Gap, that should be a good test too.

STEELERS NATION

Awes man, I was signed up for six gap but the Air Force has me working Sundays right now so I had to sell my ticket, oh well.

Sorry to hear that u can't ride right now. I was having probe with my knees on the old bike then I went and got it fitted for me and it cured all the ails on the bike. Something to consider if u haven't already.

Awes man, I was signed up for six gap but the Air Force has me working Sundays right now so I had to sell my ticket, oh well.

Sorry to hear that u can't ride right now. I was having probe with my knees on the old bike then I went and got it fitted for me and it cured all the ails on the bike. Something to consider if u haven't already.
    I'll take it in to consideration. Right now the aches and pains have grown so I have a VA appointment on Tuesday to get it checked out.

Sorry to hear about 6-Gap, maybe next year you and I can hit it together (well I'll be with my neighbor) but I hope you know what I mean.

STEELERS NATION

Hope they find a cure for what ails you soon. I am miserable if i cannot ride, it is my prozak.

Keep me in mind about six gap next year and if i am doing it we could ride together for awhile.

Hope they find a cure for what ails you soon. I am miserable if i cannot ride, it is my prozak.

Keep me in mind about six gap next year and if i am doing it we could ride together for awhile.
    Yeah it's killing me not to be able to workout (crossfit training) and not ride too. Crossfit I can do okay with out, but not riding just sucks. Especially when everytime I walk out to get laundry my bike is hanging there from the ceiling.

I'll let you know about 6-gap next year.

STEELERS NATION