Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, Mewelde Moore, Kris Kemoeatu, all listed out for Sunday

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, Mewelde Moore, Kris Kemoeatu, all listed out for Sunday

Last edited by X-Terminator; 10-07-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, Mewelde Moore, Kris Kemoeatu, all listed out for Sund

wtf, what's wrong with Hampton??? Replacement???
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, Mewelde Moore, Kris Kemoeatu, all listed out for Sund

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    wtf, what's wrong with Hampton??? Replacement???
    I guess he must have got hurt in practice? This is the first I heard of it. Chris Hoke as usual will act as substitute.

Starting defensive linemen Casey Hampton (shoulder) and Aaron Smith (foot) and starting left guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) will not play in Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans.

Also ruled out are reserve running back Mewelde Moore (ankle) and reserve linebacker Jason Worilds (quadriceps).

Starting running back Rashard Mendenhall (hamstring) is questionable as is reserve defensive back Cortez Allen (ankle). Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (foot) is listed as probable.

Ziggy Hood is expected to start in place of Smith at defensive end. Brett Keisel, who is returning from a knee injury, will start at the other defensive end position. Chris Hoke or Steve McClendon will start in place of Hampton at nose tackle.

Doug Legursky will start at left guard for Kemoeatu.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11280...#ixzz1a91AKueX

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Hey, Jonathan Scott is active!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Bunch of old farts

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Mclendon and Hoke? Let's hope they do a better job than Hampton has been doing this season. Jesus, i didnt imagine that the level of production could drop so hard in two old fogeys (Hampton and Smith) in the span of one year.
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

I'd call it 7 since Woodley still hasnt shown up this season.

Senior Member Array title="slippy will become famous soon enough"> slippy's Avatar

wow, houston beat the hell out of us! never in a million seasons did i think i would ever type that ...

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Hoke and McClendon did a terrific job against CJ last year, let's just hope for a repeat performance
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

... So we have no O-line, the QB is questionable, and Redman is starting at RB? Oddly enough, I'm not as troubled by that as I thought I would be.
    / RRRRRRRRRRRRRREDZOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

Meh. Watch the tape.. it's ridiculous how much Hampton was getting pushed around. Even by smaller Centres like Jeff Saturday.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Daaaaaamn! The Steelers are turning into one big MASH unit!

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    wow, houston beat the hell out of us! never in a million seasons did i think i would ever type that ...
    Steelers are no longer a physical team. The Defense at least has been physical the past couple seasons, but Harrison, Smith, Hampton, Farrior, Foote have all been injured or ready for retirement.

I actually am liking the prospects of Steve mcLendon over Hoke.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

When was Hampton injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    In the team cafeteria trying to get seconds

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    Hoke and McClendon did a terrific job against CJ last year, let's just hope for a repeat performance
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I actually am liking the prospects of Steve mcLendon over Hoke.
    i love the upside on the kid, but just not sure what to make of him because he hasnt played enough

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

So will we see Sylvester at ILB this week? Foote and Farrior won't last the full game. Worilds is out, so Timmons goes OLB. I hope the offense is ready to score some points.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think he's had a nagging shoulder injury for a week or 2 now (not sure which)...someone landing on it or he landed wrong during a game.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    ... So we have no O-line, the QB is questionable, and Redman is starting at RB? Oddly enough, I'm not as troubled by that as I thought I would be.
    / RRRRRRRRRRRRRREDZOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!
    Nobody has said Redman is starting...Mendy could still play/start...its suppose to be a game time decision.

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

We won't miss Hampton at all. I'm more than comfortable with Hoke and McClendon.
    Last edited by BlastFurnace; 10-08-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

i love the upside on the kid, but just not sure what to make of him because he hasnt played enough
    He isnt the classic Steeler NT. He is listed at 6'4 280, but looks thicker than that. He's no Hamton or Joel Steed, but I like his motor to get upfield and break plays up. Not sure if he is a guy that handles 2 gaps or commands double teams yet.

I think he plays with more leverage and energy than Hoke does.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Let's hope they do a better job than Hampton has been doing this season. Jesus, i didnt imagine that the level of production could drop so hard in two old fogeys (Hampton and Smith) in the span of one year.
    Opponents have been deploying the chop block much more so this season on Big Snack. That's the main reason he's been ineffective this year.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He isnt the classic Steeler NT. He is listed at 6'4 280, but looks thicker than that. He's no Hamton or Joel Steed, but I like his motor to get upfield and break plays up. Not sure if he is a guy that handles 2 gaps or commands double teams yet.

I think he plays with more leverage and energy than Hoke does.
    I thought last year that he reminded me of the NT from Dallas (whose name escapes me as I type). Most 3-4 NTs are in the "Big Snack" or Vince Wilfork (the int machine that he is) style (i.e. 330+). However, there are a few in the smaller frame style that are effective - that is, if you can use the term smaller to describe someone a couple nickles short of 300.
    Last edited by oneforthetoe; 10-08-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    I thought last year that he reminded me of the NT from Dallas (whose name escapes me as I type). Most 3-4 NTs are in the "Big Snack" or Vince Wilfork (the int machine that he is) style (i.e. 330). However, there are a few in the smaller frame style that are effective - that is, if you can use the term smaller to describe someone a couple nickles short of 300.
    Jay Ratliff

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    Jay Ratliff
    Thank you. Of course. I could of looked that up, but I guess I was too lazy to Google.

How sad is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    So will we see Sylvester at ILB this week? Foote and Farrior won't last the full game. Worilds is out
    uh why wouldnt they

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    Daaaaaamn! The Steelers are turning into one big MASH unit!
    <--------- Yep, hence the custom tag.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

uh why wouldnt they
    Well neither one has played a full game yet. Not sure if that is conditioning or their level of play has dropped off. So it would be overly optimistic to think that the 2 of them will play the whole game AND be effective for the whole game. Rotation with Sylvester is my thinking.

I'd rather see Carter or Sylvester on the outside and Timmons back at ILB if Foote or Farrior need a couple plays off. I think Sylvester plays too high inside, but has skillz to be a better olb