Thread: (Sigh) Now the AP is "racist" because it correctly transcribed Obama's speech...

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

(Sigh) Now the AP is "racist" because it correctly transcribed Obama's speech...

I really don't understand political correctness. The President spoke this way on purpose, and it was accurately reported. That's all...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/...173438340.html

"In this case, our reporter, who was there in person, felt the spellings were appropriate to convey a particular touch that President Obama appeared to be intentionally making use of."

Conservative bloggers agree--mainly because the story showed Obama pandering to a black base.

"The first job of a journalist is to report a story as accurately as possible," Howard Portnoy wrote on HotAir.com. "Part of the job of reporting Obama's speech last night was to highlight his obvious pandering, which is borne of desperation. The only element missing from the story is whether any of the listeners were offended by the president's 'blaccent.'"

"The AP did not print the words as written for the president," Mike Opelka wrote on Glenn Beck-owned TheBlaze.com, "instead choosing to transcribe the speech with what might be considered a bit more accuracy."

"He was specifically, and intentionally, using an African-American linguistic style to emphasize his message," a conservative blog called the Last Refuge noted.

"Now that the presidential campaign season has begun," Courtland Milloy wrote in an op-ed column for the Washington Post, "it's okay for President Obama to openly court black people again."
    Fire Goodell

Pennsylvanian at heart Array title="steelpinstripe87 will become famous soon enough"> steelpinstripe87's Avatar

Re: (Sigh) Now the AP is "racist" because it correctly transcribed Obama's speech...

Don't we have better things to be focusing on?
    MAR, May 2012

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Re: (Sigh) Now the AP is "racist" because it correctly transcribed Obama's speech...

I didn't report it, I just reported the reporting. I agree there are about 600,000,000 other things more pressing and urgent, but it's interesting just how far down into the deck the liberals will reach to play the racist card. I understand Hopey is desperate and getting more so by the second, but this portends a horrible next 13 months. This isn't an issue, and it isn't a problem, and diversionary tactics like this will only muddy the waters, which should be very clear.

Obama failed. Time to go...
    Fire Goodell

Pennsylvanian at heart Array title="steelpinstripe87 will become famous soon enough"> steelpinstripe87's Avatar

I know, suit, that wasn't directed at you. It falls into the "Why is this news?" department, is what I meant. Doesn't the AP have better things to be reporting?
    MAR, May 2012

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

AP for reporting the truth - racist
    Suit for posting here - racist
    Those who read the AP article - racists
    Obama for actually speaking the words - Messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    AP for reporting the truth - racist
    Suit for posting here - racist
    Those who read the AP article - racists
    Obama for actually speaking the words - Messiah.
    Oh....TEA Party- racist. (Because Morgan Freeman says so)
    Fire Goodell

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Oh....TEA Party- racist. (Because Morgan Freeman says so)
    Yes, of course, how could I forget. Thank you.

YOU'RE a racist for calling me a racist.....you.....you........racist!
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    YOU'RE a racist for calling me a racist.....you.....you........racist!
    If the shoe fits.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Kind of like the old Dr Pepper song.

I'm a racist, you're a racist, we're all racists. Would you like to be a racist too?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post

I'm a racist, you're a racist, we're all racists. Would you like to be a racist too?
    Post of the year!
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post

\

I don't think we have a choice do we? If we disagree with the feds doing whatever the hell they want, reckless spending, out of control taxes (I think we call it "revenue" these days), and right to bear arms then that makes us card carrying, bed sheet wearin, racist. Shame on all of you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Absurd accusation.