PDA

View Full Version : Worst off-season ever?

polamalubeast
06-28-2010, 03:21 PM
The situation Roethlisberger lasted very long.

The situation of Santonio Holmes and his forced steelers has the trade.

Now the injury to Willie Colon

I hope that nothing will happen to Mendenhall.

st33lersguy
06-28-2010, 03:28 PM
and that draft the steelers had

siss
06-28-2010, 03:31 PM
The situation Roethlisberger lasted very long.

The situation of Santonio Holmes and his forced steelers has the trade.

Now the injury to Willie Colon

I hope that nothing will happen to Mendenhall.

Thats it the rest of the team will be sequestered in protective custody until training camp...

Also it will give a chance for Hines and Ben to finally have it out!

willie
06-28-2010, 03:40 PM
And the injury to Sweed...is that a negative or positive though?

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Imagine if all of that happened and we traded Ben.

Now that's what i call a FML kinda offseason.

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Wow people...some of you act like injuries and bad things have never happened during an off season. The only thing new/different this off season compared to the rest is the Ben suspension. We've dealt with injuries and trades many many times (as have other teams) we'll be just fine like every other time they've had issues...they overcome them.

BlastFurnace
06-28-2010, 04:44 PM
"The Standard of Expectation Does Not Change"

The team will survive.

siss
06-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Wow people...some of you act like injuries and bad things have never happened during an off season. The only thing new/different this off season compared to the rest is the Ben suspension. We've dealt with injuries and trades many many times (as have other teams) we'll be just fine like every other time they've had issues...they overcome them.

Don't be reasonable while we are jumping off a cliff!:no:

steelreserve
06-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Well, at least nobody's dead or in jail -- yet.

But let's see ... two season-ending injuries before start of camp (three if you preemptively count Batch), top WR traded away for nothing, Roethlisberger arrested, several real WTF draft picks.

Yup, I think it's safe to say this is at least the worst one in recent memory. 2006 sucked, but really the only thing that happened in the offseason was that our idiot QB leader-of-the-packed himself.

ShoeHorn
06-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Its still not as bad as any off season in which we knew for certain that Kordell Stewart was our starting QB heading into the new year :chuckle:

tube517
06-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Ben got arrested? What did he do now? :rolleyes2:

But let's see ... two season-ending injuries before start of camp (three if you preemptively count Batch), top WR traded away for nothing, Roethlisberger arrested, several real WTF draft picks.

Yup, I think it's safe to say this is at least the worst one in recent memory. 2006 sucked, but really the only thing that happened in the offseason was that our idiot QB leader-of-the-packed himself.

Chidi29
06-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Please put the rest of the team in plastic bubbles until training camp.

Shea
06-28-2010, 05:41 PM
It's been a crappy offseason, but let's keep things in perspective.

What's gone wrong is in no way considered anywhere close to a tragedy - it's just annoying, crappy background noise.

Atleast tragedy hasn't hit us, and thank God for that.

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 06:09 PM

I think the draft what one of the highlights of the off season...they filled almost every major hole/need we have right now. Yes they may have not got player A or B...that you or others thought were better for this reason or that. But they did pick solid guys that filled needs. Most of them wont have to play much if at all (I see Sanders and Dwyer playing the most..excluding ST play)...unless there is an injury.

salamander
06-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow. Ben was arrested? :huh: :rolleyes2:

We'll be fine.

Is it September yet?

st33lersguy
06-28-2010, 06:46 PM
I think the draft what one of the highlights of the off season...they filled almost every major hole/need we have right now. Yes they may have not got player A or B...that you or others thought were better for this reason or that. But they did pick solid guys that filled needs. Most of them wont have to play much if at all (I see Sanders and Dwyer playing the most..excluding ST play)...unless there is an injury.

Several reaches, a bunch of projects, no ILB, no safeties, no DL in the 1st 6 rounds almost all of these guys will be backups for atleast 5 years if they stay on the team that long, a lot of those picks were stupid

SteelerSal
06-28-2010, 06:52 PM
"The Standard of Expectation Does Not Change"

The team will survive.

I agree!! They will find a way to overcome all of this and it will make this team stronger. IMO

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 07:05 PM
You know I don't think you can judge an offseason until the end of the regular season. The Steelers could overcome and Ben plays his best season with a chip on his shoulders and the OL could be top 5 this season with Wallace emerging with over 1,000 yards and 10+ TD this season. Anything can happen and im praying the best will come from this!

Akagi
06-28-2010, 07:37 PM
This is the worst off season I've seen since I've been a fan. I can't even think of another close. We'll pull through, I'm sure; right now everyone is tied at 0 and 0. Still, a bad off season.

siss
06-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Please put the rest of the team in plastic bubbles until training camp.

YES FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!

Butch
06-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Sorry to rain on everybody's parade but I am not so confident. We still have to overcome B.A., we got a new O-Line coach who I know very little about although it could be a good thing. I was more confident in Larry Z. than I am in B.A. and I think he was a scapegoat for what took place last year. Now we have this to add to what is fast becoming a crappy off season. Let's hope the news somehow gets better from here on out, but as of now I'm not feeling it. Also note it is still a long time from the season opener and maybe just maybe things will change. Let's hope anyway.

The Duke
06-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Believing our QB could die or not play all season in 2006 was worse imo

We'll be fine. This guys are hungry. One injury doesn't change that :tt02:

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Sorry to rain on everybody's parade but I am not so confident. We still have to overcome B.A., we got a new O-Line coach who I know very little about although it could be a good thing. I was more confident in Larry Z. than I am in B.A. and I think he was a scapegoat for what took place last year. Now we have this to add to what is fast becoming a crappy off season. Let's hope the news somehow gets better from here on out, but as of now I'm not feeling it. Also note it is still a long time from the season opener and maybe just maybe things will change. Let's hope anyway.
Excellent confidence. Im happy to see your on the right track in late June, can't wait to see you in September. Come on have faith and believe. These guys have a lot to play for and a chip on their shoulder and If anything only good should come from this!

Butch
06-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Excellent confidence. Im happy to see your on the right track in late June, can't wait to see you in September. Come on have faith and believe. These guys have a lot to play for and a chip on their shoulder and If anything only good should come from this!

Just stating my opinion not trying to put anyone's panties in a bunch.

You shoulda seen me last September I was certain we would repeat had no doubt in the world and look how that all turned out. Can't think of to many seasons we didn't have some sort of chip on our shoulder. Wasn't it the slight at the media announcing the team of the decade and they crowned the cheats with a full season yet to play and us having a legitimate chance at tying the Superbowl record?

I have a saying "I would rather be Lucky than good, because when you're Lucky you don't have to be good." So far this year we have not been very Lucky and therefore I have some concerns. Yes the season has not started yet and there is plenty of time to change the Luck. Remember we won a Superbowl with B.A. and Mitch Berger do you think we had some Luck that year?

BigNastyDefense
06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
This isn't something that cannot be overcome. Willie Colon was a good RT, but we can find someone who it just as good to replace him for a season. Maybe someone on this roster will step up, maybe we sign someone who gets cut in TC. Nobody thought we could win Super Bowl 43 with the line that we had then, and we did.

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Just stating my opinion not trying to put anyone's panties in a bunch.

You shoulda seen me last September I was certain we would repeat had no doubt in the world and look how that all turned out. Can't think of to many seasons we didn't have some sort of chip on our shoulder. Wasn't it the slight at the media announcing the team of the decade and they crowned the cheats with a full season yet to play and us having a legitimate chance at tying the Superbowl record?

I have a saying "I would rather be Lucky than good, because when you're Lucky you don't have to be good." So far this year we have not been very Lucky and therefore I have some concerns. Yes the season has not started yet and there is plenty of time to change the Luck. Remember we won a Superbowl with B.A. and Mitch Berger do you think we had some Luck that year?
I don't believe in luck, and I respect your opinion it just seems like to you the sky is falling and yes it is a big kick in the nuts to lose Colon, but hard to judge an outcome before anything even a legitimate training camp practice has occurred.

Akagi
06-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Believing our QB could die or not play all season in 2006 was worse imo

We'll be fine. This guys are hungry. One injury doesn't change that :tt02:

Geez, yeah, that one was bad, too.

Butch
06-28-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't believe in luck, and I respect your opinion it just seems like to you the sky is falling and yes it is a big kick in the nuts to lose Colon, but hard to judge an outcome before anything even a legitimate training camp practice has occurred.

I am sure you respect my opinion as much as I do yours after all we all know what opinions are like and everyone has one. You may think of me as the sky is falling type but no more than I think of you as the holier than thou type. Yes it is only June but I still sting from last years failures after being so confident that we would succeed as early as last June.

steelerdude15
06-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah it sure has been a rough off-season with everything from Ben to injuries, this sure has been a bad off-season. I'm hoping things get better as the start of the season comes around. I still think we can make a good run this year, even with everything happening. Let's hope for the best and get ready for training camp.

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 11:40 PM
I am sure you respect my opinion as much as I do yours after all we all know what opinions are like and everyone has one. You may think of me as the sky is falling type but no more than I think of you as the holier than thou type. Yes it is only June but I still sting from last years failures after being so confident that we would succeed as early as last June.
Yes, but it can't hurt to be positive. It doesn't mean get your hopes up just to watch them falter I just think it's too early to wanna back down or not get any hopes up. At this point we have nothing to lose and I say get at em boys we can still win it all!

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Several reaches, a bunch of projects, no ILB, no safeties, no DL in the 1st 6 rounds almost all of these guys will be backups for atleast 5 years if they stay on the team that long, a lot of those picks were stupid

We got an ILB in Stevenson, we didnt need any DL early...with Casey back (worry about his replacement over the next yr or 2), we have already 3 younger guys behind our starters in Hood, Harris and Eason (ok he's a little older but doesnt have the wear and tear on him and he was solid last year)...we dont have room for anymore DL. And most draft picks are projects...they all have to adapt/etc...and really i dont see a lot of the guys being projects compared to some draft classes...yes a couple of them are changing positions...but they will be fine. Butler and Worthington and even Brown could end up on the PS or take longer to come around but who knows. Calling someone a project is just an opinion in most cases...they may look like a project to some but to others not so much. As far as being backups...thats what a lot of our needs were this year...depth at LB, DB, WR, RB (yes we needed a starting CB...but we got Bmac back to fill that void)...and we got the depth....some could be starters in a few years yes. But hell how many rookies regularly start for us in their first few years anyways...even if they were drafted to be a starter not many start (theres only a couple yrs where players have started as rookies). The one thing you said i really agree on it the Safety thing...it would have been nice to pickup one in the draft...but I cant complain...if they only missed on one thing. At least we got Clark back and an upgrade over Carter. But based on our needs/holes it was a solid draft "on paper" as they say....and thats all it can be right now...is based on what it looks like on paper...5 years from now if none of them are on the team or something like that and they ended up all sucking...ok...then it was a crappy/stupid/etc draft.

Killer
06-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Worst off-season?

Ben's damaged brain would tell you different

http://www.ultimatecapper.com/images/ben-roethlisberger-crash-picture.gif

http://www.yorkblog.com/archives/bigbencar.jpg

st33lersguy
06-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Oh yeah, keeping Airhead Arians is another negative.

Killer
06-29-2010, 03:00 PM
With all these arrests and assaults pissing on Goodell's Shield I say it's high time The Rooney's get on the phone and demand Ben's prison sentence be reduced to 1 game.

Who's with me?

vasteeler
06-29-2010, 04:05 PM
With all these arrests and assaults pissing on Goodell's Shield I say it's high time The Rooney's get on the phone and demand Ben's prison sentence be reduced to 1 game.

Who's with me?

Im with you, art II should be on the phone daily