PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Timmons this season?

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 09:35 PM
....Just asking.

Craic
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
You mean besides being the lead tackler and lead in tackle assists as well? (prior to this game)

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes. For the money he makes, it would be nice to see a tackle behind the LOS or a sack for once.

If he is always making tackles 5 yards down the field, so what.

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
There's Timmons...8 yards down field making a tackle. Way to pad those stats.

zulater
09-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Woodley had a bad game tonight.

steel9guy
09-25-2011, 11:16 PM
He is there.

pepsyman1
09-25-2011, 11:18 PM
While we are looking for Timmons, can someone also tell me where the crossing blitz with the two inside linebackers went? We used to see Farrior and Foote do that regularly and it was a different look when everyone was looking for Harrison and Woodley from the outside. I don't think I've seen Farrior and Timmons do that blitz once. Anyone have any insight into that one?

SteelerFanInStl
09-25-2011, 11:26 PM
While we are looking for Timmons, can someone also tell me where the crossing blitz with the two inside linebackers went? We used to see Farrior and Foote do that regularly and it was a different look when everyone was looking for Harrison and Woodley from the outside. I don't think I've seen Farrior and Timmons do that blitz once. Anyone have any insight into that one?

Where has ALL the pressure on the QB gone? We only have 7 sacks after 3 games with most of those coming in garbage time against the Seahawks.

shutdown
09-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes. For the money he makes, it would be nice to see a tackle behind the LOS or a sack for once.

If he is always making tackles 5 yards down the field, so what.

Leads the leauge in STOP's.

That means a play that results in offensive failure.

But glad you're paying attention. :yay3:

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Leads the leauge in STOP's.

That means a play that results in offensive failure.

But glad you're paying attention. :yay3:

Show me where he has made a difference this season. When has he stepped up and made a play that wasn't 5 yards downfield?

We are paying this guy the kind of money that would make us think we have a difference maker in the middle. I'm not seeing it...yet.

Yes, I am paying attention. I'm wondering where Woodley is too...as are a lot of people.

shutdown
09-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Show me where he has made a difference this season. When has he stepped up and made a play that wasn't 5 yards downfield?

We are paying this guy the kind of money that would make us think we have a difference maker in the middle. I'm not seeing it...yet.

I'll repeat. He LEADS the league in STOP's.

That is plays that lead to offensive failure. That would be plays that lead to turn overs, punts, lack of yardage, etc...

That is more than ANY OTHER ILB IN THE ENTIRE NFL can claim.

He is the last person you should be complaining about....

fansince'76
09-25-2011, 11:39 PM

Yep. I'm more concerned with Woodley's disappearing act.

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM
I'll repeat. He LEADS the league in STOP's.

That is plays that lead to offensive failure. That would be plays that lead to turn overs, punts, lack of yardage, etc...

That is more than ANY OTHER ILB IN THE ENTIRE NFL can claim.

I barely noticed he played tonight. I didn't hear his name called but a couple times, and one of them was 8 yards downfield.

shutdown
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM

Continuing to speak the truth I see.... :)

shutdown
09-25-2011, 11:41 PM
I barely noticed he played tonight. I didn't hear his name called but a couple times, and one of them was 8 yards downfield.

STOP's rarely get called. They only show up on the stat sheet after the fact. Kind of the same reason you rarely hear Ike shutting people down....

X-Terminator
09-26-2011, 12:13 AM

Yeah, Woodley certainly isn't earning that big, fat contract he signed. The thing with him, though, is that he usually starts slow and comes on in the 2nd half of the season and really turns it up in the playoffs. But IMO, he's making too much money to be a half-season player.

NCSteeler
09-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Timmons is a beast, plain and simple. I think all the Lbers are having trouble because the D-lineman are not consuming people at the line like they should. If Aaron an Keisel are getting double teamed then the LB runs free or blows up the TE/RB for a sack. The line is playing poorly.

Devilsdancefloor
09-26-2011, 02:11 AM
i seen timmons A lot tonight lining up taking clark or even a wideout THAT is usually a win win situation for the O a LB on a WR or a talented TE that is more of a WR than TE. I am more concerned with the Larry Foote on the field. i notice several times this evening that when he was on the field the middle of the field was open and he was getting caught up in the wash of the play instead of getting to the RB. But as poorly as we played tonight we WON. You also got to remember this is classic steelers playing down to a lesser opponent where we should be ahead by 2 TDs minimum.

Galax Steeler
09-26-2011, 03:43 AM
You also got to remember this is classic steelers playing down to a lesser opponent where we should be ahead by 2 TDs minimum.

All I can say is turnovers look at the points they got from them. This game shouldn't have even been close.

XxKnightxX
09-26-2011, 08:09 AM
No I didnt see Timmons , you know why? Because my view Kept getting blocked by the Colts O line and Aaron Smith and Big Snack being 5 yards down the field. Makes Life a hell of a lot tougher to make any plays with that situation.

stillers4me
09-26-2011, 08:14 AM
All I can say is turnovers look at the points they got from them. This game shouldn't have even been close.

this. I put this mainly on the o lines problems. this game would not have been close wothout the turnovers, just like the superbowl would not have been close without them. This has just got to be resolved. Stat.

BlastFurnace
09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
No I didnt see Timmons , you know why? Because my view Kept getting blocked by the Colts O line and Aaron Smith and Big Snack being 5 yards down the field. Makes Life a hell of a lot tougher to make any plays with that situation.

Honestly, that is a great point.

86WARD
09-26-2011, 09:17 AM
A few times last night...

XxKnightxX
09-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Honestly, that is a great point.

Thank you. It was getting aggravating seeing that, thats why they ran on us like that. Simple 3-4 defense fundamentals and Steelers defense is, the D linemen are taught to stop the run and take up and eat up blocks to let the LBs make the play. If you get double teamed and chop blocked like they were, which happened not that often since Jeff Saturday was just pushing Hampton around , then you have to basically chop back and create a pile. You get doubled, get down to the ground and roll over, collapse the block, leaves a WIDE open space, for the LBs to make a tackle. They didnt do that, they kept getting pushed back and back and Timmons, Farrior and Foote kept running into a wall.

Psycho Ward 86
09-26-2011, 06:48 PM

this might be a crazy suggestion, but maybe your eyes deceive you. All this talk about the defense getting old and whatnot is cheap crap with the exception of Aaron Smith so far. He's been getting freaking throttled so far.

BlastFurnace
09-26-2011, 08:37 PM
this might be a crazy suggestion, but maybe your eyes deceive you. All this talk about the defense getting old and whatnot is cheap crap with the exception of Aaron Smith so far. He's been getting freaking throttled so far.

Yeah, xxKnight mentioned that too. Perhaps I am underestimating how bad Smith and Hampton are being manhandled this season.

SteelerFanInStl
09-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah, xxKnight mentioned that too. Perhaps I am underestimating how bad Smith and Hampton are being manhandled this season.

Both have played poorly this season. Hard to say it, but I think that Ziggy should be the starter instead of Aaron when Keisel gets back.

Steeldude
09-27-2011, 12:43 AM

seems to be a normal thing for woodley. IMO, he is way too hyped. however, i was shocked to see him tackle someone on harrison's side of the field for once.

was woodley pretty much solo-blocked most of the game? put a TE on harrison and he tears them up. put on woodley and he is shut down.