PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what LeBeau was thinking?

zulater
09-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Defensively the biggest play of the game ( as of now) was the 3rd and 8 play at midfield right after the Steelers first turnover. So why the hell was Troy dropped 30 yards out of the play at the snap? Essentially we played 10 against 11 on that play.

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 09:34 PM
I'll just be happy if he can dial up a blitz that will work at at key instance in the game for once.

Craic
09-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Protecting against the pooch punt. He was also deep enough to protect against anything over the top.

zulater
09-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Protecting against the pooch punt. He was also deep enough to protect against anything over the top.

I'd rather have had him protecting against the first down.

7willBheaven
09-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Most of the time I think Troy does what Troy wants...

pepsyman1
09-25-2011, 10:56 PM

If he's gonna play that deep to protect against anything over the top then there is no reason for the cornerbacks to play 10 yards off on a 3rd and 8 and basically just concede the first down.

zulater
09-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Our run defense was pitiful in the 4th quarter. That better be fixed in a hurry or it's going to be a long season.

steel9guy
09-25-2011, 11:01 PM
He felt bad for Curtis Painter and didn't want to hurt his feelings. He figured we'd go down the field and win in the end.

Spike
09-25-2011, 11:06 PM
yes - it was Dick LeBeau's pathetic defense that got scorched by Curtis Painter

but it was Ben's swollen headed ego that almost cost the game

Up 10-0 and cruising and he gets giggity?

...so yes, I blame Ben's swollen head most of all...I wish one of you broads with run by him with your tits hanging out....he needs something to wake him up

Craic
09-25-2011, 11:08 PM

...so yes, I blame Ben's swollen head most of all...I wish one of you broads with run by him with your tits hanging out....he needs something to wake him up

I really hope you're not talking to the ladies on this site.

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 11:17 PM
LOL...I can't wait to read Mill's writeup about this game.

zulater
09-25-2011, 11:29 PM

This would be a 3-13 team without Ben.

BigNastyDefense
09-25-2011, 11:44 PM

The only turnover you can really pin on Ben is the interception. The two fumbles....if the offensive line could have blocked at all, they wouldn't have happened.

st33lersguy
09-25-2011, 11:46 PM
I think LeBeau is past his prime

NCSteeler
09-26-2011, 12:42 AM
I think LeBeau is past his prime

maybe this defense is past it's prime

NCSteeler
09-26-2011, 01:04 AM
If he's gonna play that deep to protect against anything over the top then there

is no reason for the cornerbacks to play 10 yards off on a 3rd and 8 and basically just concede the first down.

When Painter missed Garcon, Ike lined up 8 off on a 3rd and 4 because they were protecting the deep route with no safety to that side, then he bit on the short fake and left him wide open down the sideline anyhow.

Devilsdancefloor
09-26-2011, 02:03 AM
i do not know if they showed it on TV, but there was SEVERAL time coach LeBeau was out of his mind mad taking his headset off and going off on players. Especially on key 3rd downs. He was not a happy camper at all.