PDA

View Full Version : Ed: Tomlin Says Good Teams Don't Lose 35-7

stillers4me
09-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Some stuff 2 1/2 hours before kickoff:

-- NBC has the game and they sent me some highlights from some of the exclusive interviews they had this week with various Steelers. One of the comments Mike Tomlin made to Bob Costas jumped out after Costas asked the coach what effect he thought the 35-7 loss to Baltimore would have on his team the rest of the season.

"Good teams don't have performances like that,'' was included in Tomlin's reply...........

read more @ http://burgh.us/81e

Bluecoat96
09-25-2011, 05:38 PM
I will say the new Lucas Oil Stadium, as indoor arenas go, ain't bad. It's certainly an improvement over the previous stadium here, the Hoosierdaddy Dome. If Jerry Jones had to build a stadium to host the Super Bowl, he should have built this one because it's a better fit. And they probably won't be constructing seats the week before Super Bowl XLVI

:toofunny:

Edman
09-25-2011, 05:48 PM
9/11/11.

We will never forget.

Count Steeler
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Good teams can lose 35-7, if they learn from that game. If they don't, then they are not a good team. That game should keep our guys focused all season long. They should not be complacent as it was a reminder as to how hard it is to return to the SB. Yes they want revenge for last year, but you have to make it back to win it.

stillers4me
09-25-2011, 06:50 PM
I hope Tomlin beats this drum all the way to Februrary!

"You men think that just because you just beat the Patriots* in the AFCCG, that you all that? Forget about it. I don't buy into that hocus pocus. At this juncture, we are going into Indy for the superbowl and you all still suck. I can still smell how bad you smell."

:lol:

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 09:18 PM
The Steelers have had bad offensive lines in the past, but this one is the worst of them all. The Steelers aren't going anywhere without being able to run the ball or pass protect.

I simply cannot believe that Scott is on an NFL roster.

polamalubeast
09-25-2011, 10:37 PM
agree with Tomlin

Edman
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
The Steelers most certainly are not a good team. Tonight showed that. Gonna be pretty ugly the rest of the way, folks. I don't like where this season is headed. Not with this awful O-Line. Forget Elite Defenses like Baltimore, this offense will get destroyed by any defense. Watch as Houston blows Pittsburgh out of Reliant next week.

Jon Scott should be arrested for impersonating an NFL player.

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 10:44 PM
The Steelers most certainly are not a good team. Tonight showed that. Gonna be pretty ugly the rest of the way, folks. I don't like where this season is headed. Not with this awful O-Line. Forget Elite Defenses like Baltimore, this offense will get destroyed by any defense.

Jon Scott should be arrested for impersonating an NFL player.

I agree. This isn't a good team. I don't see the playoffs on the horizon this season for them with this offensive line.

polamalubeast
09-25-2011, 10:46 PM
I agree. This isn't a good team. I don't see the playoffs on the horizon this season for them with this offensive line.

Things can change very quickly, but right now he has things to improve.

Run defense
Run Offense
O-line
To Many turnovers

JayC
09-25-2011, 10:47 PM
luckily we have one of the softest schedules in the league that even an average team could go 10-6 or better

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 10:51 PM
luckily we have one of the softest schedules in the league that even an average team could go 10-6 or better

Indy, without Manning, was supposed to be a soft game...

zulater
09-25-2011, 10:55 PM

Indy isn't as bad as they've been playing. They were up for this game and would have given a lot of teams a rough go off it tonight.

That said the Steelers are a very mediocre team at this moment. And not just the offense, the defense would have got worn out by a legitimate quarterback tonight. and they clearly aren't defending the run like an elite defense any more.

I wouldn't take the Steelers with 15 against the Texans next week.

tube517
09-25-2011, 10:56 PM

Manning doesn't play defense. Mathis and Freeney are still beasts.

fansince'76
09-25-2011, 10:58 PM

And our OL still blows chunks. Bad combo. Thankfully, Ben hasn't been lost for the season.

tube517
09-25-2011, 10:59 PM

Uh, we said that in 2009 too. And where did that get us. Every game will be close with this OL. I won't take any team for granted.

BlastFurnace
09-25-2011, 11:00 PM

They weren't beasts for Houston, and guess who's next on the Steelers schedule....

polamalubeast
09-25-2011, 11:04 PM
They weren't beasts for Houston, and guess who's next on the Steelers schedule....

The Colts defense had given only 13 points against the Texans.

The other 21 points were not the fault of the defense.

steelerdiva
09-25-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed at the end of the game when they put the camera on Coach Tomlin. He did not look like a man who was happy with the win. In fact, he looked like he did at the end of the Ravens game (without the headphone-throwing). My guess is that he still is not very happy with this team right now.