PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Just where will Nickel 'end' up?

stillers4me
09-25-2011, 08:11 AM
The National Football League announced this week that Heath Miller, with 10 more receptions, will become the first Steelers tight end with 300 in his career.

Not so fast, say the Steelers. Elbie Nickel caught 329 passes and he made both of their all-time teams at tight end, the one marking their 50th anniversary and the one marking their 75th.

"I've heard of him," said Miller, and he will not deny Nickel the record just because the NFL says so. "I know he played tight end.''..........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11268/1177382-66-0.stm

stillers4me
09-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Interesting tidbit about Sepulveda.........

Poor Daniel Sepulveda. It looked as though the punter's career could have ended Dec. 5 when the ACL in his right knee tore for the third time since his final season at Baylor in 2006 and for the second time in three seasons with the Steelers. What's more, he was an unrestricted free agent entering 2011.
But surgeon Jim Bradley suggested an adjustment before he repaired Sepulveda's plant leg nine months ago.
"I have a naturally hyperextended knee; it bows backward," Sepulveda said. "I wouldn't say it's double-jointed. It just goes farther back than normal."
When Bradley fixed it in December, he allowed for that natural bow whereas previous surgeries did not, which is why Sepulveda thinks the ACL kept tearing.
"It wouldn't let me go back, and I think my body fought against that because it's just my natural physiology."