PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are still waiting on CB McFadden

LLT
09-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Steelers are still waiting on CB McFadden
By Ralph N. Paulk, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, September 24, 2011

Steelers cornerback Bryant McFadden wasn't listed on Friday's injury report, but his status for Sunday's game at Indianapolis remains uncertain because of a tender hamstring. He said there's more than a 50-50 chance he'll play.

William Gay started last week's game against Seattle.

"I'm not sure if I'll play until I warm up on Sunday," McFadden said after Friday's practice. "There are certain movements and strides that are restricting me. It's just been a frustrating injury."

Read more: Steelers are still waiting on CB McFadden - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_758481.html#ixzz1YsAoDJWv

Moose
09-24-2011, 08:31 AM
LOL. Yea, I bet the Colts are just worried to death that he may play...LOL. Ummm, let's see, Gay or McFadden......geesh. I hope they at least 'think' about Clark and the danger he possess on that offense !!

tube517
09-24-2011, 08:46 AM
BMac hasn't been healthy since 2008. Time to move on. Need for these younger guys to start taking over.

Edman
09-24-2011, 09:28 AM
I think it's time we cut our ties with McFadden again. Dude can't stay healthy and is getting in the way of development/playing time for the young guys.

O'Malley
09-24-2011, 10:12 AM
LOL. Yea, I bet the Colts are just worried to death that he may play...LOL. Ummm, let's see, Gay or McFadden......geesh. I hope they at least 'think' about Clark and the danger he possess on that offense !!

I think Clark is out.. Could be wrong though.

GoSlash27
09-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Holy crap. Can we please bring Cromartie-Smith back in and evaluate him at corner? He's too good to leave languishing off the roster.

The Duke
09-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Holy crap. Can we please bring Cromartie-Smith back in and evaluate him at corner? He's too good to leave languishing off the roster.

he's still on the practice squad. Which is basically good but not good enough

BMac's injuries are frustrating, I don't see him being here next year at all

Moose
09-24-2011, 11:25 AM
The trouble is Duke, I thought that last year !! I figured they would pick a good CB up either from draft or FA but we all saw what happened there ! The trouble is with McFadden, he's as good without injuries and he is with, makes no diff.. He can't cover/defend ! I guess the safeties of the future will have their hands full.

Steeldude
09-24-2011, 11:51 AM
The trouble is with McFadden, he's as good without injuries and he is with, makes no diff

someone else sees it too. :salute:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-24-2011, 02:13 PM
At least if McFadden is out, it gets Keenan Lewis and Curtis Brown some reps maybe. I'd rather see them develop than pin hopes on signing Gay again after this season is over.

tube517
09-24-2011, 02:33 PM
At least if McFadden is out, it gets Keenan Lewis and Curtis Brown some reps maybe. I'd rather see them develop than pin hopes on signing Gay again after this season is over.

I just felt a pain in my chest. Where's my BP meds??

Chidi29
09-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Whoever ends up playing there will have to keep Garcon in check. They keep him on that side and run a lot of clearout routes with him.

Don't be surprised if Troy has a quiet game. He'll have to play over the top a lot to keep Garcon in check.

tube517
09-24-2011, 05:57 PM
I think Clark is out.. Could be wrong though.

listed as questionable...game time decision