http://pod08.prospero.com/n/blogs/blog.aspx?webtag=kdka_sports

siss
06-28-2010, 11:39 AM
No no no no no no no no
sh(*&

NO NO NO

xX-TSK-Xx
06-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh no. Hoping it is only a sprain. We can't lose our best lineman in June.

fansince'76
06-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Damn! :frusty:

BigNastyDefense
06-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Shit shit shit shit shit. This better not be anything serious!

Killer
06-28-2010, 12:00 PM
doomed - we have nobody

Hey Ziggy, wanna play offense? We shoulda taken a tackle last year in your spot.

Indo
06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh. Joy.

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 12:46 PM
well, while were sittin' tight all pissed and pouty lol, who do you think takes his spot if he's not ready at the start of the season?

fansince'76
06-28-2010, 12:51 PM
well, while were sittin' tight all pissed and pouty lol, who do you think takes his spot if he's not ready at the start of the season?

Jonathan Scott? :noidea:

SteelerSal
06-28-2010, 12:52 PM

Well it looks like Foster, Hills and Jonathon Scott are the only other listed tackles on the roster.

Killer
06-28-2010, 01:02 PM
all bums

Then there's the FA list.

from May 15 - don't know how accurate it still is

maybe Trai could move to RT and we pick up some insurance - or something

* Kevin Mawae – Titans
* Flozell Adams – Cowboys
* Mike Gandy – Cardinals
* Chester Pitts – Texans
* Keydrick Vincent – Panthers
* Levi Jones – Redskins
* Orlando Pace – Bears
* Shawn Andrews – Eagles
* Jamar Nesbit – Saints
* Tutan Reyes – Texans
* Damion McIntosh – Seahawks
* Mike Goff – Chiefs
* Michael Toudouze – Colts
* Kendall Simmons – Bills
* Darnell Stapleton – Steelers
* Arron Sears – Buccaneers
* Randy Thomas – Redskins
* Brandon Gorin – Broncos
* Dennis Norman – Chargers
* Brandon Frye – Seahawks
* Daniel Federkeil – Colts
* Eric Ghiaciuc – Browns
* Seth McKinney – Bills
* Ephraim Salaam – Texans
* Paul Fanaika – Redskins (Claimed by Browns)
* Maurice Williams – Broncos
* Jason Capizzi – Browns
* Tyler Reed – Bears
* Kyle Williams – Seahawks
* Marvin Philip – Bills
* Jermail Porter – Chiefs
* SirVincent Rogers – Dolphins
* Lou Saucedo – Ravens
* Pete Clifford – Titans
* Shawn Murphy – Eagles
* Daniel Sanders – Ravens
* Michael Parenton – Jets
* Greg Ryan – Ravens

http://thesportingreview.wordpress.com/2010/05/15/2010-nfl-unrestricted-free-agents-still-available/

Here's a better list

UFA OT

Name Type Yr Ht/Wt College 2009 Team //Signed Team

Mike Gandy UFA 9 6-4/310 Notre Dame /Arizona//
Flozell Adams UFA 12 6-7/340 Michigan /State Dallas//
Donald Penn RFA 4 6-5/305 Utah State /Tampa Bay//
Levi Jones UFA 8 6-5/307 Arizona State /Washington//
Damion McIntosh UFA 10 6-4/328 Kansas State /Seattle//
Orlando Pace UFA 12 6-7/320 Ohio State /Chicago//
Ephraim Salaam UFA 12 6-7/310 San Diego State /Detroit //
Brandon Gorin UFA R 6-6/308 Purdue/ Denver//

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=12&yr=2010&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=3

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Half that list is a bunch of old guys, haha. There is Capizzi though, haha. I think we'll be fine...J. Scott has starting experience on both sides of the line and Essex has starting experiences at every OL position except center...and even Foster has some starting experience...though I'd rather have one of the other 2. I think it would be down to J. Scott and Essex. C. Scott could be possible...but he dont have experience yet...and i doubt they want to start 2 rookies on the OL. Hills...i've almost given up on him...and he has no starting experience. It definitely sucks if its true...that'd be 2 players down with similar injuries...the only upside i guess you could say is that it may make it easier to re-sign him to a longer deal for less money.

Killer
06-28-2010, 01:32 PM
now they make us wait

If Steeler Willie Colon has Achilles tear, his season's over

A trying offseason for the Steelers just got worse.

Starting right tackle Willie Colon left the Steelers' practice facility on crutches today with a foot injury. Colon hurt his right foot while working out at Steelers' headquarters. There were initial fears that Colon, who has started 54 consecutive games, tore his Achilles tendon.

If that is the case, Colon will need surgery and miss the upcoming season.

Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert confirmed an Achilles injury today on the team's web site.

"He is still undergoing further evaluations by Steelers' medical personnel and we will not have anything more to release at this time," Colbert said.

The loss of Colon would be a serious blow to the Steelers, who are expected to make more of a commitment to the running game this season, especially with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger out for at least the first four games because of a suspension.

The 6-3, 315-pound Colon is one of the Steelers' nastiest run blockers and has been a mainstay on their offensive line since Mike Tomlin took over as head coach in 2007.

There is little in the way of proven or experienced depth behind Colon and fellow starting tackle Max Starks.

If Colon is out for the season, Trai Essex may get first crack to fill his spot.

Essex, who started at right guard last season, could also be moved to left tackle and Starks switched to the right side of the offensive line. Starks started at right tackle in 2005 and for most of 2006 before losing his starting job to Colon.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_688009.html

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 01:32 PM
CONFIRMED:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Statement-regarding-Willie-Colon-injury/f4b3b5ec-4437-4b35-9f27-3b907fa84588

Statement from Steelers’ Director of Football Operations Kevin Colbert:
“It is confirmed that offensive tackle Willie Colon has suffered an Achilles injury while working out today. He is still undergoing further evaluations by Steelers’ medical personnel and we will not have anything more to release at this time.”

kielbasasteeler
06-28-2010, 01:33 PM
with the first overal selection the pittsburgh steelers select jake locker.!!!!! *

Nadroj 20
06-28-2010, 01:37 PM
with the first overal selection the pittsburgh steelers select jake locker.!!!!! *

Not a chance

Nadroj 20
06-28-2010, 01:43 PM
This will hurt, hopefully its not serious.

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Ugh no no! Sheesh our best OL hurt, if he is out for the season ill be worries. Essex filling in for him just doesn't give me confidence. Im just praying its not a serious injury!

Hindes204
06-28-2010, 01:55 PM
awwww man, that sucks.

steelerdude15
06-28-2010, 02:27 PM
We'll have to wait and see what happens, they're not ruling anything yet, so we can still be hopeful. I hope he's ok.

venom
06-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Calgon - Take me away

kielbasasteeler
06-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Not a chance

i was joking. if he is out for some time this will hurt our run game

polamalubeast
06-28-2010, 02:54 PM
worst off-season ever:no::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Killer
06-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Steelers | Willie Colon expected to have surgery

Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:44:56 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers OT Willie Colon (Achilles') is expected to have surgery on a torn Achilles' tendon Wednesday, June 30, reports NFL Network's Jason La Canfora.

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 03:01 PM
NFL Network is saying that Colon is expected to get season ending surgery and it is a tendon tear.

xX-TSK-Xx
06-28-2010, 03:02 PM
i was joking. if he is out for some time this will hurt our run game

Thats for sure. He's a nasty run blocker.

Right now, I look for Trai Essex and Jon Scott to be the front runners if Colon is out but Chris Scott and Ramone Foster are definitly going to be in the mix.Then of course theres Tony Hills. :doh:

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 03:05 PM

Right now, I look for Trai Essex and Jon Scott to be the front runners if Colon is out but Chris Scott and Ramone Foster are definitly going to be in the mix.Then of course theres Tony Hills. :doh:

It would be awesome if C. Scott can knock em dead so to speak...but I'm not sure if they will have 2 rookies starting on the OL. Like i said I think Essex and J. Scott will be front runners...with Foster and Hills behind them (Foster has the advantage with some OL starting experience between the 2).

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 03:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818e026d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Steelers RT Colon injures Achilles, expected to miss 2010 season

Pittsburgh Steelers right tackle Willie Colon is expected to miss the entire 2010 season after suffering what doctors believe to be a torn Achilles' tendon, a source with knowledge of the situation said Monday.

Colon, who didn't miss a game the previous three seasons, likely will have season-ending surgery Wednesday. He injured the Achilles' tendon during a Monday workout and left the Steelers' facility on crutches.

Colon had an MRI on Monday, and the Steelers likely will make an announcement about those results Tuesday. The injury recovery time is at least 5 to 6 months, and the Steelers plan to place Colon on season-ending injured reserve, according to the source.

Colon's injury is the latest blow to a Pittsburgh offense that will be without franchise quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for at least the first four games of the 2010 season because of suspension. Top wide receiver Santonio Holmes, facing a suspension himself, was traded to the New York Jets in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick this offseason.

The Steelers' depth at tackle is limited behind Colon and could affect their plans to emphasize the running game next season.

:pray:

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 03:07 PM
How do you delete a post entirely on here? I dont see a delete option! I just posted what Ward 86 did above like a minute apart...so I erased it and put this haha....please move along haha

Killer
06-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Better start Dixon now - Lefty can't run

kielbasasteeler
06-28-2010, 03:16 PM

PATRICK PETERSON OR CAMERON HAYWARD OR RAHIM MOORE ANYONE? LOL.

This will hurt so bad, Say if we run just like 2009, expect to go 1-5 we will be so 1 dimensonal, mendenhall ran best when he ran outside of colon.

this is our worst offseason ever.

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 03:21 PM
And we wanted to emphasize the run game with Mendy and Colon! :doh:

LLT
06-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow...anyone know if the Ravens are still wiling to give up Gaither for a 2nd round pick next year???????????!!!!!!!!!!

st33lersguy
06-28-2010, 03:25 PM
What the hell are they going to do now? They have absolutely no one now

Killer
06-28-2010, 03:27 PM
see pg 2

If Colon is out for the season, Trai Essex may get first crack to fill his spot.

Essex, who started at right guard last season, could also be moved to left tackle and Starks switched to the right side of the offensive line. Starks started at right tackle in 2005 and for most of 2006 before losing his starting job to Colon.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_688009.html

Bluecoat96
06-28-2010, 03:32 PM
http://www.allaboutbipolar.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/sky-is-falling.jpg

While this is bad news for sure, I'm not going to worry. Let's see what the other linemen bring to the table before we assume the season's lost. Look at it from a positive viewpoint. At least we'll cut down on our false start penalties. :) We also DON"T have Larry Z. coaching up Colon's replacement, so that's also a good thing.

fansince'76
06-28-2010, 03:37 PM

While this is bad news for sure, I'm not going to worry. Let's see what the other linemen bring to the table before we assume the season's lost. Look at it from a positive viewpoint. At least we'll cut down on our false start penalties. :) We also DON"T have Larry Z. coaching up Colon's replacement, so that's also a good thing.

I think this is "The Cat's" first appearance here! :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 03:40 PM
see pg 2

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_688009.html

If they moved Starks to the right, who the frick is going to be on the left replacing him?

xX-TSK-Xx
06-28-2010, 03:41 PM
The timing of the injury was good in the sense that it came before trainig camp. Now, atleast, we can get a good look at the back-ups and young guys and see who can best replace Colon.

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Leftwich
Wallace
Scott/Essex??

Pressure is on you. A lot of pressure.

Craic
06-28-2010, 03:46 PM
I think this is "The Cat's" first appearance here! :chuckle:

Yep. It is!

As far as Colon is concerned- Well, that is a big loss. But this year, it isn't as big as it would have been last year or the year before.

I think Essex is a better tackle than guard. He'll fill in. Not great, but ok. We have Legursky, the Rookie, or Hartwig that can play RG, and any of those three can play center as well.

Or, as someone else said, put Essex on the left side and slide Starks back to his original position. That actually might be better, since we tend to pull to the right on run plays, and STarks PLUS Kemo will be pretty brutal plowing through that right side.

-- However, I keep seeing posts about our intentions to run more. Why? I haven't seen anyone say that. I HAVE seen, run better. One doesn't equate to the other. Of course, I haven't been following over the last month or so... so some new stuff may have come out. LInk to it if you have it please. I'd like to read it.

xX-TSK-Xx
06-28-2010, 03:49 PM
PATRICK PETERSON OR CAMERON HAYWARD OR RAHIM MOORE ANYONE? LOL.

This will hurt so bad, Say if we run just like 2009, expect to go 1-5 we will be so 1 dimensonal, mendenhall ran best when he ran outside of colon.

this is our worst offseason ever.

The only thing I can say about that is Chris Scott is a mauler like Colon so maybe we sacrifice what little pass blocking we have for a decent running game. :noidea:

steeldevil
06-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I think Essex moves over to tackle and Pouncey starts his first career game at RG... But with nearly all of our linemen being capable of playing multiple positions, there is an infinate number of possibilities about which to ponder....

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM

Right on...

Carolina Steelers
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
The timing of the injury was good in the sense that it came before trainig camp. Now, atleast, we can get a good look at the back-ups and young guys and see who can best replace Colon.

I agree with this at least it wasnt during out last preseason game. It does suck but at least we can throw some type of plan together we still got over 2 months before season kicks off

Killer
06-28-2010, 03:58 PM
It's only June - Ben's curse will probably knock out half the starters by September

Galax Steeler
06-28-2010, 04:07 PM
I think Essex moves over to tackle and Pouncey starts his first career game at RG... But with nearly all of our linemen being capable of playing multiple positions, there is an infinate number of possibilities about which to ponder....

This is indeed some bad news. We better be glad we got Pouncey this year. Like you said it is a good posibility that Pouncey could play RG this year.

Prok
06-28-2010, 04:15 PM
It's only June - Ben's curse will probably knock out half the starters by September

LOL

I don't think Colon being out will hurt us that bad. As others have said we have alot of versatile guys up front. We'll feild a decent OL by september.

Shea
06-28-2010, 04:17 PM
If they moved Starks to the right, who the frick is going to be on the left replacing him?

Well according to the post you quoted, it would be Essex.

I wonder if he has ever played that position before? I can't remember ...

Nothing like a player in "rookie mode" at the LT position to protect the blindside of a quarterback that has a knack for holding onto the ball. :doh:

Not only is this a blow to the run game, but it could literally get Ben hurt.

klick81
06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
The way this off season has unfolded, I am not surprised. Bring it on!

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Well according to the post you quoted, it would be Essex.

I wonder if he has ever played that position before? I can't remember ...

Nothing like a player in "rookie mode" at the LT position to protect the blindside of a quarterback that has a knack for holding onto the ball. :doh:

Not only is this a blow to the run game, but it could literally get Ben hurt.

Essex has played at and/or started at every position on the OL except C. I remember during the 2008-2009 season he played LT some...so that was the last time he actually played over there.

vasteeler
06-28-2010, 04:44 PM

:buttkick:

ricardisimo
06-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I dare say we're going to find out this year if Urbik is a complete bust or well worth a third round pick.

salamander
06-28-2010, 05:09 PM
It's all Arians fault :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
06-28-2010, 05:17 PM
This is terrible news...While i think this hurts us, I do think we will make the adjustments needed and end up being fine. We will see.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Ahhhh, Colon always holds and false starts anyways. If you were at the message board that shall not be named, a couple years ago you would have been told that he sucks and should be benched anyways. :sarcasm:

Look for Trai Essex, Jon Scott or Tony Hills to slide in at RT and Pouncey to be the RG.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-28-2010, 05:24 PM
I dare say we're going to find out this year if Urbik is a complete bust or well worth a third round pick.

Doubtful. Urbik is a OG, not a RT. Likely will see Urbik compete for the RG job next season if there is no lockout.

tube517
06-28-2010, 05:32 PM
I think he injured it in the nightclub in Georgia.

Chidi29
06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Wow, you really gotta feel for Colon. This is the worst nightmare for a RFA. And he'd been quiet about being tendered too; not like Vincent Jackson or Marcus McNiel who are making a big scene out of it.

Crushing blow for the line. Clearly our best tackle last year and according to Profootballfocus, he was a top five tackle. Doesn't get the credit he deserves.

One thing we need to keep in mind is that we don't want to start Pouncey if he isn't ready. Even if Essex kicks out to RT, if Pouncey isn't ready, you can't start him. If you think he's prepared, then of course, start him. But let's not compound the problem by starting a guy who isn't deemed ready because of an injury.

I like Ramon Foster at RT more than I do Essex. Their run blocking is about the same and at least Foster has a little bit of upside. I could see him improving as I did a little bit in the couple starts he got when Kemoeatu got hurt. Impressed me a lot in the Ravens game. But I guess it wouldn't matter too much being that both guys have the same general makeup.

Let's not forget about Legursky either. Pouncey will have competition at RG no matter what we decide to do that RT. They're not going to let him simply walk in and take the job.

Also opens the door for guys like both Scott's, Urbik, Dorian Brooks, and Kyle Jolly. Like I've said previously, some lineman always comes out from nowhere and gets on the roster.

/rant

*begins crying*

Shea
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I wonder what the hell he was doing in his workout routine that would blow up his ankle to the point that it would require surgery and put him out for the season.

I normally don't get scared about injuries until training camp starts.

What the f ....... ???

Killer
06-28-2010, 06:21 PM
According to this database, Colon was the thirds highest rated tackle in the league last year - - look where Starks is..

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

SteelGhost
06-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Can we use a FB NOW ?? :noidea:

Our OL will need some help.

Chidi29
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Can we use a FB NOW ?? :noidea:

Our OL will need some help.

Not if we don't have one.

ricardisimo
06-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Doubtful. Urbik is a OG, not a RT. Likely will see Urbik compete for the RG job next season if there is no lockout.

Yeah, but Pouncey's a center expected to play guard, Essex is a guard who's played mostly backup at tackle for us, Foster's played both positions, etc., etc. Besides, almost certainly, someone sliding around is going to take place, which opens up competition at guard.

Chidi29
06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Willie Anderson apparently wants to try to return to the NFL. Just throwing another name out there.

SteelerFanInStl
06-28-2010, 06:53 PM
I just saw this on NFL Network. Essex sucks so I hope that we've got a better option than him.

Killer
06-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Might as well abandon the run altogether - we're not going to move the ball at all on the ground.

triple option 5 wide!

wootawnee
06-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Least he can't false start or hold this season......Get well buddy....

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah, but Pouncey's a center expected to play guard, Essex is a guard who's played mostly backup at tackle for us, Foster's played both positions, etc., etc. Besides, almost certainly, someone sliding around is going to take place, which opens up competition at guard.
Ya a lot of players would have to move around, but hey at least it's early enough that the Steelers have all off season and training camp to figure out a plan and excel at it.

Devilsdancefloor
06-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Well i have all the faith in the coaches and the FO to put the best person at RT.

Butch
06-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Well i have all the faith in the coaches and the FO to put the best person at RT.

Would that include B.A.??? DOH!!!

Prouncey53
06-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Well at least now we know that Pouncey will definitely be starting somewhere this season...

Chidi29
06-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Least he can't false start or hold this season......Get well buddy....

Colon committed less and less penalties every year. He only had six last year.

Devilsdancefloor
06-28-2010, 07:36 PM

Yes that includes BA

BuddhaBus
06-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Might as well abandon the run altogether - we're not going to move the ball at all on the ground.

triple option 5 wide!

Bruce? Is that you? :chuckle:

The Duke
06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Silver lining? We can get him for cheap next year

Better start Dixon now - Lefty can't run

I'm more worried about where mendenhall is gonna run now

Now Pouncey HAS to start at RG. NO excuses. With him and kemo we got two maulers for the running game with 2 average tackles

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes mostly in him we have faith, you should try speaking it's only June.

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Uh, Colon's injury doesnt have any bearing on Pouncey other than the fact that someone different will be playing to his right.

SteelCityMan786
06-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Well now I guess this will be one interesting season.

Butch
06-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Yes mostly in him we have faith, you should try speaking it's only June.

I am guessing you mean that I should try having faith in B.A.? Thanks but no thanks.

You really have faith in him mostly not the players or even Coach Tomlin?

steelerdude15
06-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Damnit! This sucks! Hopefully you can fully recover Willie. :no:

NCSteeler
06-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Well the front office wanted to see the young guys play sooner, here ya go.

It kinda proves a point for the guys holding out on tenders. It is the worst possible scenario for a RFA.

oneforthetoe
06-28-2010, 11:34 PM
I really think Essex has the inside track to start at RG. Just forget that a few weeks ago I posted that I thought Essex could get cut. :o I kind of prefer Foster as well, but I think the Steelers might want some experience on the right side.

Tony Hills gets the "lucky dog." He had little chance to make this team, now he has a little hope.

steelpride12
06-28-2010, 11:38 PM
I am guessing you mean that I should try having faith in B.A.? Thanks but no thanks.

You really have faith in him mostly not the players or even Coach Tomlin?
I have faith in all 3. B.A. did help win the Steelers a SB and I have always backed him up yes.

Galax Steeler
06-29-2010, 04:10 AM
Not if we don't have one.

According to Mike Prisuta of Steel City Insider, converted defensive end turned fullbak Demetrius Taylor has shown enough during spring drills for Tomlin & Co. to consider extending the experiment into what I imagine will be at least the start of training camp. Too early to get too excited about this, or to overthink its potential implications, but Taylor certainly looks like he has the physical tools to do some bulldozing as an NFL FB. I really wanted to see Frank Summers materialize, but when you look at the two young men's physical makeups, it's hard to not think that Taylor might have the more durable and NFL-ready body. Again, lots of stories like this in mid-late June. But something to keep an eye on.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/6/28/1540820/btsc-daily-six-pack-how-the-hell

Butch
06-29-2010, 05:30 AM
I have faith in all 3. B.A. did help win the Steelers a SB and I have always backed him up yes.

Love that we won a Superbowl with him arguement. We also won it with Mitch Berger as our punter and Larry Z. as our O-line coach. Funny how one year can change the landscape so quickly.

stillers4me
06-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Really tough break. Our O line was gelling real nice last year and the addition of Pouncy made it even more solid. At least it happened now instead of the end of training camp.

solardave
06-29-2010, 05:41 AM
One of these other young guys has to seize the moment or we go out in FA and sign an older Tackle to a one year deal. Camp will tell what we need to do. If it had to happen now is better than at the end of camp.

Butch
06-29-2010, 06:06 AM
I agree at least we have some time to adjust and if we are going to see these types of injuries it is better to have them now then during the season.

Killer
06-29-2010, 06:09 AM
At least it happened now instead of the end of training camp

There is a silver lining

kielbasasteeler
06-29-2010, 06:10 AM
we won the super bowl with our defense.

maybe not that game but no question without them we would of picked top 15. ben didnt have the best of seasons and the run game was crap.

venom
06-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Maurkice Pouncey welcome to the NFL alot sooner that thought !

Killer
06-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Here we go again. The patchwork OL continues - every year we lose someone - Simmons blew up his Achilles, then Stapleton's knees crapped out, now Colon is gone and we have no depth at tackle.

aye

Pouncey better be ready to fill in the gaps.

SteelersinCA
06-29-2010, 09:22 AM
It's still early, you guys worry way too much.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Essex is a natural OT and Johathon Scott can play RT, so I am not worried. They will try to put the best 5 linemen on the field which will probably mean Hartwig at C, Pouncey at RG and Essex at RT. A bit of a blow to the O line, but nothing that cant be worked thru.

With Colon going to the reserve list, it probably makes the final cuts a bit easer as they will probably be able to keep some younger guys like Foster, Legursky and Scott on the roster, where one of them was likely gonna get cut.

Psycho Ward 86
06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Legursky is a guard/center. Tony Hills just sucks, but i'll be open-minded about it and say he still has a shot to be a contributor. Foster, Urbik, and Chris Scott have played tackle in college, but they're all too slow to play it in the NFL. There's a reason why they're taking snaps at interior lineman positions, or at least being projected to be there. Having any of those guys at tackle would mean a nightmarish performance by our o-line for us against speed rushers (we already know a certain left tackle *cough* max starks cant take care of them). I like Essex the most to take the top spot, but even then i wouldnt be comfortable. I mean seriously, when's the last time he played for a decent amount of time AT TACKLE. Sure he started at guard last year, and before that he started at guard in the '07 playoffs, but i really question his experience at tackle.

I hope Johnathan Scott can pick it up and shock us. I remember someone here saying the Bills forum ranted about their hate for him....

Killer
06-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Levi Jones?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/category/_/name/pittsburgh-steelers

Steely McSmash
06-29-2010, 11:52 AM
I think Essex was a good tackle from a pass protection standpoint. I recall I think in the 2008 season, he started over a healthy Starks versus JAX due to some concerns about speedy edge rushers and he did quite well. I don't really have much of an opinion on him as a run blocker.

How much credit do you think he should get for the success running right last year as the RG?

Killer
06-29-2010, 12:19 PM
When it rains it pours

Statement from Steelers’ Director of Football Operations Kevin Colbert:

“Rookie offensive lineman Chris Scott suffered a foot injury while working out at the University of Tennessee last week. As stated earlier, Willie Colon suffered an Achilles injury while working out on Monday. Both were evaluated by Steelers’ medical personnel today and they are scheduled for surgery on Wednesday. We will have further information regarding both once we know the results of each of their surgeries.”

JoeCactus
06-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Ol guys are a dime a dozen..................this is the least of worries

Killer
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Ol guys are a dime a dozen..................this is the least of worries

Your daughter has gonorrhea ...what could possibly have gone wrong.

Vincent
06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Jonathan Scott? :noidea:

Kugler likes Scott. The Rooneys like Kugler. Follow me here. I think we'll be fine with Scott.

Wow...anyone know if the Ravens are still wiling to give up Gaither for a 2nd round pick next year???????????!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to me that was rumored at some point. With a looming lock out, that'd be a good trade.