PDA

View Full Version : Taylor's career back on upswing

stillers4me
09-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Ike Taylor knows the highs and lows of playing cornerback in the NFL, the one position on defense where you can be the dart one minute, and dartboard the next.

He's riding a high right now, has been for a while. He signed a big, new contract just before camp started, and now he has allowed just one pass completion over him in two games even though he has been tailing the opponents' top receiver each game and playing with a cast on his broken left thumb.

But Taylor knows how quickly things can change, as they did the previous time he got a big, new contract.............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11266/1176926-66.stm

suitanim
09-23-2011, 11:22 AM
He's a bust and we overpaid!

< The usual suspects >

86WARD
09-23-2011, 12:15 PM
1 catch for 9 yards in 2 games...lol. Bust. Nnamdi wouldn't have let Williams catch that pass...

pepsyman1
09-23-2011, 12:19 PM
If we could just get someone equivalent on the other side of the field we would really be rocking. I still don't understand how we end up with someone like Gay. I know he understands the system, but he's weak in coverage, he's not a consistent tackler...I just don't get his upside. For anyone who says he's good on the blitz, be real. Name a CB or safety who wouldn't be chomping at the bit to take a free run at the QB in the situations they use Gay to blitz.

86WARD
09-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Another Ike Taylor? Sign me up.