PDA

View Full Version : After settling for field goals, Indy on TD alert

stillers4me
09-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Indianapolis is moving to code red.
After starting 0-2 for the first time in 13 years, and seeing the lack of productivity, the Colts are trying to get things fixed. First on the list: scoring touchdowns instead of kicking field goals.

"It's just making plays and execution in the red zone," receiver Austin Collie said Thursday. "It's that simple. It's always that simple."

Things have become far more complicated for the Colts since Peyton Manning had his third neck surgery Sept. 8.......

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_758236.html

Count Steeler
09-23-2011, 02:09 PM
We can't have a lackluster performance this week. We need to come out strong and not let Indy get any mojo going.

86WARD
09-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Agree Count. If Indy gets going, I could see an upset in the works. This games got all the makings...

ALLD
09-23-2011, 02:21 PM
If we score more points we should win the game.

BigNastyDefense
09-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I don't see this as a trap game like some people do.

Their defense isn't built to play from behind. They are built to rush the passer because teams are playing down a couple of scores because Peyton Manning has built a lead for the Colts.

Well, Indianapolis hasn't played with a lead yet this season. Cleveland scored 27 points on the Colts, we should score more than that.

And there should be a HEAVY dose of Mendenhall and Redman, the Colts aren't built to stop the run.

Kerry Collins isn't Peyton Manning and if they end up going with Curtis Painter to start to later in the game if they pull the old man, well Painter isn't all that good.

This should be a second straight blowout win for the Steelers, putting us on a roll to play the Texans.

SteelerEmpire
09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't see this as a trap game like some people do.

Their defense isn't built to play from behind. They are built to rush the passer because teams are playing down a couple of scores because Peyton Manning has built a lead for the Colts.

Well, Indianapolis hasn't played with a lead yet this season. Cleveland scored 27 points on the Colts, we should score more than that.

And there should be a HEAVY dose of Mendenhall and Redman, the Colts aren't built to stop the run.

Kerry Collins isn't Peyton Manning and if they end up going with Curtis Painter to start to later in the game if they pull the old man, well Painter isn't all that good.

This should be a second straight blowout win for the Steelers, putting us on a roll to play the Texans.

I agree. I think the Steelers should still on a head-hunt after the unforeseen break-down in week 1.

BigNastyDefense
09-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I agree. I think the Steelers should still on a head-hunt after the unforeseen break-down in week 1.

Exactly, Tomlin said it's going to take a long time to get the stink of that game off of them. Two straight blowout wins (especially if we shut out two straight teams) would help get that stink off.

Count Steeler
09-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Exactly, Tomlin said it's going to take a long time to get the stink of that game off of them. Two straight blowout wins (especially if we shut out two straight teams) would help get that stink off.

I'll take an SB win to get that stink off.

tube517
09-23-2011, 06:23 PM
If we score more points we should win the game.

"The only way the Steelers beat the Colts is if they outscore them"
-Beano Cook

ALLD
09-23-2011, 06:31 PM
At least somebody gets it.

BTW, this avatar is actually my wife.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

polamalubeast
09-23-2011, 06:34 PM
The Steelers defense needs to create turnovers.