PDA

View Full Version : Silent snap count is expected for Steelers

stillers4me
09-22-2011, 06:11 AM
One of the keys for the Steelers on Sunday night will be neutralizing the pass rush of speedy Colts defensive ends Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said the Steelers expect to use a silent snap count because of the crowd noise at Lucas Oil Stadium. That will put added pressure on left tackle Jonathan Scott and right tackle Marcus Gilbert, who is set to make his second career start.

"When you have to use silent count, they can get off the ball and they're basically like linebackers that are big and strong," Roethlisberger said of Freeney and Mathis. "I've got faith in our tackles and our tight ends, whoever is on them. Those ends are going to win some (battles), but we're going to win some, too.".....................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_758094.html

Dino 6 Rings
09-22-2011, 09:20 AM
I imagine that the 12,000 STEELERS FANS that buy up the fair weather Colts fans tickets will remain nice and quiet when the Steelers have the ball. Collins might want to work on his Silent Count this week.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

salamander
09-22-2011, 09:24 AM
I imagine that the 12,000 STEELERS FANS that buy up the fair weather Colts fans tickets will remain nice and quiet when the Steelers have the ball. Collins might want to work on his Silent Count this week.

I would love to see a repeat of the Redskins game from a few years ago!

Vis
09-22-2011, 09:25 AM
I say go no-huddle from the first snap and see if the fake injury threat works.