PDA

View Full Version : On The Steelers: Collins' track record puts fear in Tomlin

stillers4me
09-21-2011, 07:33 AM
There will be no Ben Roethlisberger-Peyton Manning IV Sunday, a juicy matchup that no doubt prompted the NFL to schedule the game in a prime-time slot. Those watching the Steelers play at the Indianapolis Colts must settle for Kerry Collins-Roethlisberger, no Roman numerals needed.

Collins was enticed out of a short retirement by the Colts because of Manning's precarious neck problems that have kept him sidelined and apparently will for quite some time. Whatever Collins provided the New York Giants, Carolina Panthers, Tennessee Titans (although not Oakland) and Penn State University prior to that, he has not been able to replicate in his first two games with the Colts.

But he did not sign with them until Aug. 24, less than a month ago, and Mike Tomlin not only remembers some of the things he accomplished against the Steelers as recently as one year ago but thinks it will not be long before he might start doing them again.............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11264/1176274-66.stm

polamalubeast
09-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I am certain that Tomlin was not serious in his comments!

He has about as if Collins would be a HOF!

suitanim
09-21-2011, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't even start him. How much worse could Painter be?

Dino 6 Rings
09-21-2011, 10:25 AM
The only Fear I have is that we take the Colts too lightly. We must come out at full speed from the opening kickoff and do everything in our power to snuff out their hopes of an upset early on with bone crushing hits, big plays and a stifling defense.

Then we can go up by 17 points and take the air out of the ball and get Mendy and Redman tons of carries late in the game.

ALLD
09-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Keep our QB from getting hit and nobody gets injured.

Count Steeler
09-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Take no team lightly. We should know that by now. Keep improving and work on becoming an "elite" offense and a shut down defense.

Butch
09-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Hell yes he should make him sound like a Hall of Famer, we play sorry enough as it is against lesser teams. Remember the unleash hell??? Yeah me too and I would rather have this Tomlin.

HollywoodSteel
09-21-2011, 06:10 PM
While we certainly should win this game, it does concern me a bit. I don't think Collins will be as bad as he has been so far this season. He knows our defense well and how to exploit it. Plus he has one more week of working with these receivers. I'm wondering if LaBeau will take the opposite approach as last week -- bring the heat against Collins early, make him feel it every time he drops back to pass and then do more droppping back later when he's hearing footsteps.

The other thing that concerns me is Ben's safety. Freeney and Mathis are most likely licking their chops at going against our tackles.

Not that I'm worried...

Count Steeler
09-21-2011, 06:38 PM
How about we not take anything for granted? Plan well, practice hard and play with execution. I don't take the Colts lightly at all. This would be a perfect statement game for them. Down 0-2, Manning out, in front of a national TV audience. I expect a fired up Colts team. Let's make sure we are not caught off guard.

HometownGal
09-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Take no team lightly. We should know that by now. Keep improving and work on becoming an "elite" offense and a shut down defense.

That is where I'm at every game. I take NO team lightly or for granted and I'm sure not going to take Kerry Collins lightly this week. Get out there and play your game guyz and the rest will take care of itself. :tt03:

tube517
09-22-2011, 12:24 AM
I took kerry collins lightly in 2008 w/the Titans and we remember what happened. He's not a gifted QB but he is a vet. I don't know how much he has left but it's a road game.

86WARD
09-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Perfect spot for the Colts to pull an upset.