PDA

View Full Version : Steelers tight end Saunders is thankful for opportunity

stillers4me
09-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Weslye Saunders was on top of the world, and loving it.

Saunders just finished his junior year at South Carolina and was being mentioned in the same breath as Notre Dame's Kyle Rudolph as the best tight end in college football.

After making the decision to return for his senior year, all the 6-foot-5, 270-pounder had to do was stay healthy and stay out of trouble and a lucrative pro career likely awaited him.

He did neither.

Saunders quickly found himself on a twisting and turning road that eventually came to an end with a spot on the Steelers' roster.

"A lot of guys are happy to be here, but I don't know if their struggles were like mine," Saunders said. "I feel like my struggles makes it all a little more precious being here. I always think of how easily it could've been taken away from me."...............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_757830.html

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2011, 09:55 AM
I hope the kid practices every day like he is the 3rd man on the depth chart and close to being cut....because he is.

I like his fire in blocking and hope he sticks with it and works on his receiving game. Think he has a real good chance to be a receiving option in some double TE sets.

43Hitman
09-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah this is a good story, lets hope he can continue with that fighting spirit and contribute to this team. I'm hopeful for him.