PDA

View Full Version : Bires: Redman a revelation

stillers4me
09-21-2011, 07:27 AM
As the man who backs up the "lead dog," Isaac Redman knows his opportunities are limited. But that doesn't stop him from making the most of his few chances.

Redman's story is quite refreshing. He made the Steelers' roster in 2009 as an undrafted rookie out of Bowie State. He's the first alum from the NCAA Division II school in Maryland to play a snap in the NFL.

As a rookie, Redman hardly played. As the fourth running back on the roster, he only dressed in one game, not even touching the ball once.

But over the last two years, he's emerged as the No. 2 option at running back behind Rashard Mendenhall............

read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/bires-redman-a-revelation/article_30e5fc48-1df3-563d-95e0-c33835a2b8d6.html

zulater
09-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Call me a reactionary fan if you will, but judging off the first two games Redman has been the best back on this team, and I'd give serious thought to starting him over Mendenhall if I were the Steelers. Mendenhall, except for a couple brief spurts, has looked largely uninspired so far this season.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Its his suddeness and glide that has him where he is today.

tube517
09-21-2011, 10:39 AM
I'd prefer Redman in the "closer" role to just pound and bruise the opponent in the 4th quarter, kind of what Bus used to do when Parker started.

43Hitman
09-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Its his suddeness and glide that has him where he is today.

lol whatever happened to that guy? He lost a bet dammit lol

suitanim
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
lol whatever happened to that guy? He lost a bet dammit lol

He also claimed that Mewelde Moore was the best back on the team. I'm sure he like committed hari kari or something from being SO wrong SO many times. If I recall, he was a Redskins fan, anyway...

fansince'76
09-21-2011, 12:04 PM
He also claimed that Mewelde Moore was the best back on the team. I'm sure he like committed hari kari or something from being SO wrong SO many times. If I recall, he was a Redskins fan, anyway...

Nah, Lakelander was a Steelers fan and he's the one who had the mancrush on Redman and coined the immortal "suddenness and glide" idiom. UFN, or "UncleF*ckNuckle," as I and others liked to call him was the Redskins fan who shared the same alma mater with MeMo and had the unhealthy obsession with him.

suitanim
09-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I guess I somehow melded the two together in my mind.

UFN was the best! He had all the stats in the World proving Memo was the best.

fansince'76
09-21-2011, 12:47 PM
UFN was the best! He had all the stats in the World proving Memo was the best.

Yep. I would imagine his "spot on analysis" is why his website (http://www.ultimatefootballnetwork.com) is now apparently defunct. :chuckle:

43Hitman
09-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Yep. I would imagine his "spot on analysis" is why his website (http://www.ultimatefootballnetwork.com) is now apparently defunct. :chuckle:
:rofl2:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2011, 04:10 PM

That is awesome!!!

Who was the other guy pimping his draft site?? I remember he had us taking Macho Harris in the 1st round one time and I think he was pimping Alphonso Smith (CB Wake Forest) really hard to us too.

Austin87
09-22-2011, 05:47 AM
Redman played pretty well last season as well. He is just continuing were he left off.

SteelerEmpire
09-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Call me a reactionary fan if you will, but judging off the first two games Redman has been the best back on this team, and I'd give serious thought to starting him over Mendenhall if I were the Steelers. Mendenhall, except for a couple brief spurts, has looked largely uninspired so far this season.

Mendy's "clutch fumbling" will get Redman the #1 position if it keeps up. I notice Mendy still does not protect the football with both arms when running through heavy traffic, thus the fumbles. So there's gonna be more to come.