PDA

View Full Version : On The Steelers: Keeping Big Ben upright is critical

stillers4me
09-20-2011, 05:26 PM
This time, Ben Roethlisberger walked off the field and missed only two plays after he was hit low and late by Seattle defensive end Raheem Brock.

What if he does not get up the next time? If that happens -- and the odds seem to rise with every change in their offensive line -- the Steelers could look a lot like the team they play Sunday, the Indianapolis Colts.

The Colts went from Super Bowl contenders to losing at home to the Cleveland Browns without Peyton Manning. With Manning in the lineup, the Colts would be favored against the Steelers and not double-digit underdogs.

The Steelers would like to think they have more going for them without Roethlisberger than the Colts without Manning, such as a defense, and they did show some of that last season when they began 3-1 without their starting quarterback. However, what if that were Charlie Batch, 36, taking the pounding instead of the bigger, stronger and younger Roethlisberger?..............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11263/1176040-66.stm

siss
09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Excuse my French, but NO SHIT!!!!

You mean keepin the 100 million dollar QB upright might help the Steelers win the game?

Golly what will they come up with next?

I know, stopping the other team from scoring will help us win as well!

fansince'76
09-20-2011, 06:03 PM

:chuckle:

Nadroj 20
09-20-2011, 06:23 PM

You mean keepin the 100 million dollar QB upright might help the Steelers win the game?

Golly what will they come up with next?

I know, stopping the other team from scoring will help us win as well!

If we score more points then the other team we will win 99% of the time...

:chuckle:

steel striker
09-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah it's always like the keys to the game score more points than the other team.

GBMelBlount
09-20-2011, 08:49 PM
This time, Ben Roethlisberger walked off the field and missed only two plays after he was hit low and late by Seattle defensive end Raheem Brock.

What if he does not get up the next time? If that happens -- and the odds seem to rise with every change in their offensive line -- the Steelers could look a lot like the team they play Sunday, the Indianapolis Colts.

I am more worried about Ben then I ever have been...

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-20-2011, 10:07 PM
What......40% of the Steelers starting O line were undrafted free agents and there is concern about pass protection and running game?? Same old story for the last 5 seasons.

IN OTHER NEWS.......THERE IS UNREST IN THE MIDDLE EAST. and in weather...periods of daily sunlight, followed by 100% chance of darkness in the evening.

Stay classy Squirrel Hill.:pop2: