PDA

View Full Version : Ground game resurfaces for Steelers in win

stillers4me
09-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman were clamoring for the ball after the Steelers' final practice Friday.

They wanted more touches, particularly in the passing game. But they conceded that without much of a screen package, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wouldn't look their way against the Seahawks.
They were wrong.

The Steelers running backs amassed 124 hard-earned rushing yards. Yet their combined four receptions kept the Seahawks off-balance during a 24-0 victory Sunday at Heinz Field...............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_757529.html

stillers4me
09-19-2011, 05:46 AM
The Steelers dominated time of possession, 38:44 to 21:16 — including 10:01 in the third quarter.

I think we're on to something here. :scratchchin:

"We can't give up our running game," Redman said. "We just can't go five-wide and throw the ball. The run is what sets up the passing game."

Hmmmmm.........no interceptions yesterday. Damn close once or twice....but zippo.
:pop2:

suitanim
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
hey should be able to run downhill against the Colts next week. Indy sold out to stop the run against Cleveland, and the Browns were still effective.