PDA

View Full Version : Give your Steelers grades.

zulater
09-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Ben. B

Solid, but somewhat spotty. Still not at his best, but a step in the right direction.

Mendy. C

There weren't many easy yards to be had, I really thought he made those first couple possessions work. But after the first quarter he pretty much checked out.

Isaac Redman. B

Guy works as hard as anyone on the team.

M. Wallace. A+ \

Superstar caliber game, Wallace is elevating himself to elite status among receivers.

Rest of receivers. B+

Solid all around, everyone made at least one noteworthy play. Also loved Sanders flea flicker pass. Looked like ARE all over again.

Oline. C+

Overall I can't single anyone out for a bad job, but I was disappointed that the running game wasn't more consistent, and Ben was pressured too many times again. I will give Gilbert and Foster both B's though.

DL. B
Nice to see Aaron smith look like he belong again, and Keisel is always good for a standout play of two. Big snack got good push most of the game. Ziggy was a little too quite though.

LB's B-

Harrison showed some signs of life finally, and I was happy with Foote and Farrior. I'm still not seeing enough "splash plays" from Timmons and Woodley though. And did Worldis even play?

DB's. C

Two words that really spelled the difference for this unit today. Taveras Jackson. Against a legitimate quarterback I still think this unit is seriously lacking.

Special teams. B

A few nice returns, but also some questionable decisions as to when or when not to field a punt. got away with it today, but in a close game I don't want to see Sanders fielding punts at the 2. sepuvleda gets a B++, missed his A due to lack of touchbacks.

coaches. B+

Outside of Tomlin blowing a challenge, can't find fault with anything the coaches did today.

Psycho Ward 86
09-18-2011, 08:23 PM
B, B-, and a C for a defense that posted a shutout? lol, i know what you mean though, for a team that kept the goose egg on the scoreboard it wasnt as exciting of a game (defensively) as one might think

zulater
09-18-2011, 08:32 PM
B, B-, and a C for a defense that posted a shutout? lol, i know what you mean though, for a team that kept the goose egg on the scoreboard it wasnt as exciting of a game (defensively) as one might think

Yeah I know, it doesn't seem to fit. But when I break it down by the unit I can't see where they deserve any higher either? :noidea:

Texasteel
09-19-2011, 04:02 AM
I think your break down is pretty good Zu. I might give the rest of the receivers a little better grade, but they can, and I think will do better.

zulater
09-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I think your break down is pretty good Zu. I might give the rest of the receivers a little better grade, but they can, and I think will do better.

I think you're right Tex. Wallace should get an A. I forgot that great fingertip catch of Ben's slightly errant bomb, and that corner route in the end zone was perfection. And the rest of the receiver core deserves a solid B. Hines made a great catch on the sideline, Antonio Brown made some excellent catches late in the game, and Emanuel sanders had a couple nice plays, plus that pass he threw might move him up to an A all by itself.

Corrections being made

Moose
09-19-2011, 02:43 PM
This will be pretty easy to grade this week since there were no big plays or any stupid mistakes. Since we got a 'win' makes all good. Without going through each job individually, offense/defense/special teams/coaching, I'll just go with the 'in general' format. I'll give the defense a 'C'- since they held Seattle to their end of the field and no score. I'll give the coaching 'C'- since there were really no bone-head play calls, except for the challenge which was azzinine. I'll give the special team a 'C'- pretty good field position for our side, except for trying to field a punt/kick within the 10yrd line, stupid mistake but it didn't hurt us---this time. Offense I'll give a 'C' to also. Nothing spectacular here, just enough to pull out a win, although a lucky on a few 'dropped' possible interceptions...thank you Seattle. Now, I do have to give a special grades of 'B' to REDMAN and of course WALLACE for the jobs they did. Outstanding catching, running and ball control. Ward's toe drag catch was a thing of beauty also. Knowing where you are on the field comes with the experience of playing the game. Hines is just a super player, so glad he's on OUR side.

O'Malley
09-19-2011, 02:54 PM
For game 2 after a lockout and the players getting up in age, which IMO will take a few games to get in game shape, I give the team as a whole a B+....