PDA

View Full Version : Bunch formation will take pressure off QB

Galax Steeler
06-28-2010, 04:14 AM
This is a pretty good article to read.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au8CBedkwNZlY99tP.5BvKZDubYF?slug=ys-undersurveillancesteelers062610

solardave
06-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Good article and I agree we will have to run early and often. Hopefully we can set the tone with it and wear down defenses by pounding them into submission. Our o-line is not small and Kemo is pretty mean. I think our weak man is Starks and the fact that we run right a lot lends itself to my theory. He is slow in pass protection and not exactly a road grader blocking on run plays. He should be pancaking D-lineman. Pouncey will help and we just continue to run right until they get tired and then we go where ever we want. It's not like Byron can't throw when we need him to in 3rd and long.

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 10:06 AM
That's the first article i've ever seen about bunch formations. I've always found it a curious fix in our offense. Is it really that efficient, i mean after all, Bruce Aria-....i mean the Steelers are the only ones who seem to use it :)

Indo
06-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Good article

I think the beauty of the bunch is that it opens up opportunities

The D-backs HAVE to respect the possibility of run OR pass. The Bunch allows for a perfect set-up----

Bunch---run
Bunch---run
Bunch ---Run
(D-backs start cheating up)
Bunch---pass (deep fly or post, deep cross, etc)

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 01:19 PM
I didnt read the article...but I've always loved the bunch. You can do many things out of that formation...do quick slants...run various routes to spread out the D...or run the ball and have more blockers close to the line...and much more.

steelerdude15
06-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Good article and they should use more of the bunch for running. Hey, even do more screen passes with the bunch formation, but we need to get back to the running game and while they at it, they might as well use some trick plays again because ARE is back, plus Ben is excellent at the play action, he sells it so well.

st33lersguy
06-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Use it for run and play action

Prok
06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Didn't read the article yet. But i've never been a big fan of the bunch. From my perspective watching the games i seem to recall alot of free rushers chasing Ben when we run that formation. I remember quite a few times we had missed blocking assignments, RB blown up in backfield etc...

Killer
06-29-2010, 07:12 AM
the Bunch is good.

But the 5 wide is better.

Amen

SteelerSal
06-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Didn't read the article yet. But i've never been a big fan of the bunch. From my perspective watching the games i seem to recall alot of free rushers chasing Ben when we run that formation. I remember quite a few times we had missed blocking assignments, RB blown up in backfield etc...

I agree. I hate the formation and it seemed to fail more than it worked. IMO...especially when we ran out of it, it seemed to also bunch the defenders to put them in better position to stop the run.

Rather see the offense spread out to keep less defenders in the box.

wootawnee
06-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Dude, Max is the Anchor of the line at the moment.......He is a great run blocker.........