PDA

View Full Version : Week 3:@ Indianapolis (first time since 2005 playoffs)

polamalubeast
09-18-2011, 03:38 PM
This is the first time since this game that the Steelers will play @ Indianapolis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFoT7FpEAcs

and trap game for the steelers?

X-Terminator
09-18-2011, 03:43 PM
With all due respect, can we at least enjoy and talk about the win today before we move on to next week's game? I mean, the game ended less than an hour ago...

oneforthetoe
09-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Good win today. hopefully the momo continues next week. I am taking nothing for granted though.

Psycho Ward 86
09-18-2011, 04:05 PM
huge trap game. the colts honest to god should still be very potent with or without manning. I expect a merciless pounding from our offense though.

Moose
09-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Agree Psycho Ward 86, this isn't going to be an easy game by any means, especially having to play there at their house. I do think our D can hassle Collins and make him make some mistakes, I just hope our Offense can start steam rollin', cuz we'll need it for the following week at Houston.

Psycho Ward 86
09-18-2011, 06:45 PM
With all due respect, can we at least enjoy and talk about the win today before we move on to next week's game? I mean, the game ended less than an hour ago...

no thanks. let's not have a party over a decent pounding of maybe the worst team in the league. we're too good for that.

JayC
09-18-2011, 07:57 PM
well, the key to win is pressure on the qb to get rid of it. this game will be closer than expected if we dont hurry collins. im not satisfied at all with our pressure through 2 games so we'll see

86WARD
09-18-2011, 08:12 PM
huge trap game. the colts honest to god should still be very potent with or without manning. I expect a merciless pounding from our offense though.

Agree...Colts are primed to pull an upset...gotta be careful here.

st33lersguy
09-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Pittsburgh has a bad habit of choking against teams they should kick the living shit out of, so I am concerned they will take the Colts lightly and allow the game to go down to the final moments

X-Terminator
09-18-2011, 11:33 PM
no thanks. let's not have a party over a decent pounding of maybe the worst team in the league. we're too good for that.

Who said anything about having a party? I'm simply saying that IMO it was a little quick to start this thread just 45 minutes after the game ended when at the time there was very little discussion in this forum about today's game. Whatever, it doesn't matter now.

Anyway, games like this traditionally scare the hell out of me, especially when they are on the road. They had better not go into Indy thinking this will be an easy win, or they WILL get beat.

BigNastyDefense
09-19-2011, 12:20 AM
The Colts look very bad. And honestly, I don't see how they are primed for an upset. They just got their asses kicked by the Cleveland fucking Browns. A garbage time TD made the score a whole lot closer than the game actually was.

The game plan against Indy should be simple, run the fucking ball an d then work play action once the run has been established. This has been the Colts' Achilles heel for YEARS. This is because they are built to play with a lead, so the opposing team is forced to pass the ball to catch up, so Freeney and Mathis rush the QB and nobody is worried about the run.

Now without Manning, they aren't playing with these two or three score leads, and they aren't build to play with a team up by a couple scores and can now commit to running the football.

I don't take games for granted, any given Sunday and team can win. However, unless the Steelers show up and play like they did against Baltimore, which I don't expect them too....the Steelers should win this game by at least twenty.

venom
09-19-2011, 07:05 AM
Vegas has the Steelers at 11 point favorites . Big game for us due to a real tough game in week 4 @ Houston

Vis
09-19-2011, 07:32 AM
I was at that game playoff game with my son, 10 at the time. As crazy as that ending was, the Indy fans around us were great.

steeldawg
09-19-2011, 08:24 AM
The Colts look very bad. And honestly, I don't see how they are primed for an upset. They just got their asses kicked by the Cleveland fucking Browns. A garbage time TD made the score a whole lot closer than the game actually was.

The game plan against Indy should be simple, run the fucking ball an d then work play action once the run has been established. This has been the Colts' Achilles heel for YEARS. This is because they are built to play with a lead, so the opposing team is forced to pass the ball to catch up, so Freeney and Mathis rush the QB and nobody is worried about the run.

Now without Manning, they aren't playing with these two or three score leads, and they aren't build to play with a team up by a couple scores and can now commit to running the football.

I don't take games for granted, any given Sunday and team can win. However, unless the Steelers show up and play like they did against Baltimore, which I don't expect them too....the Steelers should win this game by at least twenty.

I agree, I dont see anything from the colts that would lead me to believe they are primed to upset anybody let alone the steelers. The colts cannot score and they cannot stop anybody from scoring, we should win easily, expecting another shutout.

suitanim
09-19-2011, 09:37 AM
I watched a good bit of the Browns/Colts game yesterday simultaneously with ours. The Colts actually still play hard, at least on defense, and they aren't just going to fall over for us. I'd not be surprised at ALL, by the way, if Curtis Painter doesn't get the start. Collins has been totally ineffective. If he does, there is that whole unknown factor that comes into play.

Still, we should be able to run at will against Indy, and their offense is in shambles.

salamander
09-19-2011, 10:40 AM
I never take a team for granted, no matter how "bad" they may appear. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Dino 6 Rings
09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
This is the type of game where we should be able to come out, get a nice 2 score lead early on and then take the air out of the ball and keep pressure on with our blitz, as long as we don't go into a prevent at any time and allow Payton's back up (whoever starts) to look like Payton against a zone 7 on 7 type secondary.

any Winless team is dangerous, especially early on, getting that first win under their belt is key for them and they will play with pride. We need to establish early that we are the Superior Team and not allow them the hope of an upset.

250 passing, 175 Rushing should be enough to beat the Colts.

Defense can allow up to 200 Passing and hold them to under 90 rushing with 2 FGs and maybe a garbage time TD allowed. Steelers should win something like 27-13.

86WARD
09-19-2011, 12:01 PM
"should"

steel striker
09-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah we can't take this team lightly and, since this is a primetime game on Sunday night that's what the talking heads will be pushing. The Indy crowd will be pumped up and, the steelers need to get an early lead to take the crowd out of it. These colts still have wr's that can make big plays and, hopefully our d-line can force Collins or Painter into some bad throws.

ALLD
09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
I watched a good bit of the Browns/Colts game yesterday simultaneously with ours. The Colts actually still play hard, at least on defense, and they aren't just going to fall over for us. I'd not be surprised at ALL, by the way, if Curtis Painter doesn't get the start. Collins has been totally ineffective. If he does, there is that whole unknown factor that comes into play.

Still, we should be able to run at will against Indy, and their offense is in shambles.

I was thinking that this was going to be the last opportunity for Collins. Whether or not they use Painter is up to the Colts.

Dino 6 Rings
09-19-2011, 03:11 PM
"should"

yes "Should". Of coarse I won't take any team for granted in the NFL. That would be silly. After watching the Browns, Cheifs, and Raiders losses two years ago, nothing is certain.

As long as we maintain our focus and take this team as seriously as if Payton was under center and play hard and work hard, we do in fact have the superior roster at this point so we should win this game convincingly. Do Not allow a less talented team to stick around and have hope. We must choke them out early, cut off their oxygen and put a foot on their throat early and not let up. Blitz late into the game too, no prevent allowed.

suitanim
09-19-2011, 03:41 PM
We "should" have beaten the Rats. We are the better team, just not that day.

Not engaging in predictions here, simply pointing out the measurables...

Psycho Ward 86
09-19-2011, 04:35 PM
this is a primetime game? Sunday night or what time is it anyways, im too lazy to look

Vis
09-19-2011, 04:35 PM
this is a primetime game? Sunday night or what time is it anyways, im too lazy to look

Yes, Sunday night

masonsdad79
09-19-2011, 06:02 PM
i never take a team for granted. we need to show up big and score fast and run the hell out of the ball. my biggest thing is i reall wanna go to this game considering that colts fans supposedly are basically giving their tickets away this year.