PDA

View Full Version : Ike and Ayanbadejo Fined

Boh
09-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Shefter reports Ike fined 15k for headbutt, and Ayanbadejo fined for horsecollar. Both 15k

fansince'76
09-16-2011, 03:05 PM
And Troy was also fined $15K for his horse collar. What BS. The 15-yard penalties for these were sufficient, IMO.

steelpride12
09-16-2011, 03:06 PM
All messed up it's so sad what this league has turned into. I mean damn the kick offs are pathetic enough. Barely any returns(boring) and the fines get worse every season. Steelers get two in the first fucking game wow.

HometownGal
09-16-2011, 03:08 PM
And the busts of Lambert, Greene and the rest of the 70's Steelers are literally laughing their heads off. :lol:

Pussy league. :upyours:

Boh
09-16-2011, 03:11 PM
RB Ricky Williams doesn't agree with Troy Polamalu's $15,000 fine, told me: 'That sucks It wasn’t that bad. It’s horrible. It was a tackle.

Chidi29
09-16-2011, 03:21 PM
If former defensive back Merton Hanks says it's a fineable offense, then I'll take his word for it.

SteelerFanInStl
09-16-2011, 03:54 PM
And Troy was also fined $15K for his horse collar. What BS. The 15-yard penalties for these were sufficient, IMO.

Agreed. I'm still wondering if ALL horse collar penalties were fined $15k. Just ridiculous for ANY of them to get fined IMO. Next thing you know, they'll be fining for face mask penalties too.

steel striker
09-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah it makes you think what's next? Oh I know no returns on int's and, I better not give old worhtless Roger any ideas.

Count Steeler
09-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Guess Goodell has to make up for his $1 salary.

Not happy with any of these fines, but at least it is being spread around. The NFLPA should have listened to the Steelers, and they should start speaking up for their members.

Command from owners: "Go play a violent game"
Players obey.
Players get fined.

Where is this money going?

O'Malley
09-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Guess Goodell has to make up for his $1 salary.

Not happy with any of these fines, but at least it is being spread around. The NFLPA should have listened to the Steelers, and they should start speaking up for their members.

Command from owners: "Go play a violent game"
Players obey.
Players get fined.

Where is this money going?

The money goes the the players choice of charity and is tax deductable, at least that is my understanding.

Chidi29
09-16-2011, 04:30 PM
You care correct.

And Troy has the option to appeal if the fine is more than 25% of his weekly game check. Probably isn't though.

Galax Steeler
09-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Agreed. I'm still wondering if ALL horse collar penalties were fined $15k. Just ridiculous for ANY of them to get fined IMO. Next thing you know, they'll be fining for face mask penalties too.

Don't give them any ideas.

HollywoodSteel
09-17-2011, 11:16 AM
If former defensive back Merton Hanks says it's a fineable offense, then I'll take his word for it.

I don't trust anyone whose head and neck don't fit right on their body.

Chidi29
09-17-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't trust anyone whose head and neck don't fit right on their body.

Without him, where would we get the chicken dance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THHxEIZz50o

Nadroj 20
09-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Sure there will be people that agree with the fine but I would say a lot will not. Did all 15 yarders get fined last week? My favorite word comes back AGAIN....inconsistency.

It got flagged that should be the end of it and I feel this way about most unless it was clearly a dirty hit.

Chidi29
09-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Sure there will be people that agree with the fine but I would say a lot will not. Did all 15 yarders get fined last week? My favorite word comes back AGAIN....inconsistency.

It got flagged that should be the end of it and I feel this way about most unless it was clearly a dirty hit.

I'm geninuely asking. Did all horse collars get fined last week? The two in the game each received the same fine.

tube517
09-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm geninuely asking. Did all horse collars get fined last week? The two in the game each received the same fine.

Is a horse collar tackle an automatic fine now? I know it became an automatic penalty but when did it become a fine?

silver & black
09-17-2011, 01:53 PM
And the busts of Lambert, Greene and the rest of the 70's Steelers are literally laughing their heads off. :lol:

Pussy league. :upyours:

I think all of us "older" fans would agree with that sentiment... and plenty of younger fans also.

silver & black
09-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Ayers only got a $7500 fine for almost ripping McFadden's head off on Monday night.

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Ayers only got a $7500 fine for almost ripping McFadden's head off on Monday night.

I didn't see that play. Was it a facemask or was it the new tackling with the helmet penalty?

O'Malley
09-17-2011, 02:20 PM

Makes sense, why have a consistent scale of fines that are applicable to the penalty.... It's all a load of crap, making the league more "exciting" for the new fans. Makes the stats pile up and thus makes the fantasy leagues thrive. They have passsed the point of no return and killed the game of football. I don't think the Steeelers of the past or the Purple People Eeaters, Monsters of the Midway etc..., are laughoing their heads off, their probably rolling over in their graves due to the salaries and pussification of the sport they loved to play... Goodell and his cronies have taken a rough tough sport and cut it's nuts off and turned it in to a unrecognizable shadow of it's former self... These fines are rediculous, getting fined for tackling an opponent, defenseless receivers, QB's in skirts(Jack Lambert), over paid pre-madonnas's.... Every year it gets closer to two hand touch, makes me sick... But this is what the people want to see. Look at the Ne, Fish game last week, wow what a "great" game... 930 yards in the air.... A 99 yard touchdown pass.. If this is what they now call football, something is wrong. Well my rant is over but my hatred for Goodell and the new pussy rules will live on...

silver & black
09-17-2011, 02:48 PM
I didn't see that play. Was it a facemask or was it the new tackling with the helmet penalty?

Tackling with the helemet, I think.

silver & black
09-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Makes sense, why have a consistent scale of fines that are applicable to the penalty.... It's all a load of crap, making the league more "exciting" for the new fans. Makes the stats pile up and thus makes the fantasy leagues thrive. They have passsed the point of no return and killed the game of football. I don't think the Steeelers of the past or the Purple People Eeaters, Monsters of the Midway etc..., are laughoing their heads off, their probably rolling over in their graves due to the salaries and pussification of the sport they loved to play... Goodell and his cronies have taken a rough tough sport and cut it's nuts off and turned it in to a unrecognizable shadow of it's former self... These fines are rediculous, getting fined for tackling an opponent, defenseless receivers, QB's in skirts(Jack Lambert), over paid pre-madonnas's.... Every year it gets closer to two hand touch, makes me sick... But this is what the people want to see. Look at the Ne, Fish game last week, wow what a "great" game... 930 yards in the air.... A 99 yard touchdown pass.. If this is what they now call football, something is wrong. Well my rant is over but my hatred for Goodell and the new pussy rules will live on...

I hear ya.

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2011, 03:13 PM

Take a look at the article from ESPN that I posted in the NFL forum.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/9830-Lost-in-America-The-NFL-s-pass-defense

st33lersguy
09-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Why not just fine all 15 yard penalities?

silver & black
09-17-2011, 03:31 PM

Exactly.

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2011, 03:32 PM

That's what they seem to be heading to.

O'Malley
09-17-2011, 04:48 PM
The NFL is a fu----- joke!!!

Nadroj 20
09-18-2011, 09:23 AM

I don't know for sure but why does that matter? Since when is this the norm? Also what if they didn't all get fined? No matter what things are changing and it is because of Goodell.

Chidi29
09-18-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't know for sure but why does that matter? Since when is this the norm? Also what if they didn't all get fined? No matter what things are changing and it is because of Goodell.

To see how consistent Goodell is, which seems to be one of the main issues.