PDA

View Full Version : James Farrior: 'I'm not going out easy'

stillers4me
09-16-2011, 05:36 AM
James Farrior is the mortar of a usually brick-solid Steelers defense.

As the 36-year-old linebacker paced the sideline with his helmet dangling at his side Sunday, the defending AFC champions' defense looked like a soft mix of sand and water. It was vulnerable against a revenge-minded, physical Baltimore offense.

Farrior walked slowly onto the field at M&T Bank Stadium during a timeout to offer advice and encouragement to backup linebacker Larry Foote as the Ravens marched methodically downfield during a flawless, 12-play, 84-yard scoring drive.

It was an unusual situation for Farrior, who watched from the sideline during Baltimore's last three first-half possessions. He wasn't hurt, and he didn't ask for a breather...............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_757031.html

Count Steeler
09-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Hopefully the "old guys" will be able to rest the 4th quarter because we will be home and cooled out by the end of the 3rd. But somehow, I don't think so.

crcsnail
09-16-2011, 10:02 AM
sorry to mention his name but ray lewis aint getting any younger either . dont see his name mentioned much? in the oldie knocking !

Devilsdancefloor
09-16-2011, 11:15 AM
i really think they need to let potsie stay in i seen enough out of foote last week missing tackles and blowing coverage. if he needs a breather so be it, but no t the whole damn series.

suitanim
09-16-2011, 12:31 PM
sorry to mention his name but ray lewis aint getting any younger either . dont see his name mentioned much? in the oldie knocking !

One of the lowest points in a miserably low day was watching Killah ray pick-off a tipped pass. He wasn't even in the play, and it just flipped right to him. I get tired of seeing Ray jumping on piles 3 seconds after the play is over and getting credit for a 1/2 a tackle, and that absolute gift of an INT made me want to puke.

O'Malley
09-16-2011, 12:57 PM
One of the lowest points in a miserably low day was watching Killah ray pick-off a tipped pass. He wasn't even in the play, and it just flipped right to him. I get tired of seeing Ray jumping on piles 3 seconds after the play is over and getting credit for a 1/2 a tackle, and that absolute gift of an INT made me want to puke.

That's how the day went for the Steelers.... Hope they learn from it move on and play with some fire the rest of the way!!!:tt02:

Edman
09-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Just as sickening as Ed Reed picking off a Roethlisberger duck. Couldn't have made it any easier for him.

Count Steeler
09-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Credit where credit is due, he did strip Memo on the last fumble. 20 yards down the field, Ray did not give up.

Moose
09-17-2011, 12:52 AM
It definitely was a sad, sad sight watching him on the sideline. I can imagine the hurt he was feeling.

Psycho Ward 86
09-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Just as sickening as Ed Reed picking off a Roethlisberger duck. Couldn't have made it any easier for him.

which one? -.-'