PDA

View Full Version : Sapp's Comments Hit the Spot

stillers4me
09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Mike Tomlin’s exhortation to reporters last week, when he asked them to “keep talking about how old they are ... you make my job easy” fell on some accommodating ears.
'
One of Tomlin’s old players, Warren Sapp (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=2980562), picked up the Steelers’ coach with these comments (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/09/warren-sapp-on-pittsburgh-steelers-old-slow-and-over-nfl-baltimore-ravens-showtime-inside-the-nfl/1) this week:
“The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://pit.scout.com/), I have three things: old, slow and it’s over,” Sapp said in this week’s Inside the NFL. Sapp went on to rip James Harrison (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=5524912), Hines Ward (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=5524989) and Troy Polamalu (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=5524966) to help his old coach.

In fact, Sapp also helped the Pittsburgh media. Reporters surged through the locker room Thursday to brazenly ask players – in the name of Sapp (not us!) – whether their performance against the Baltimore Ravens (http://bal.scout.com/) occurred because they’re washed up.............

read more @ http://pit.scout.com/2/1107073.html

salamander
09-15-2011, 07:28 PM
One bad game and all of the sudden the Steelers are washed up?

Edman
09-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Can't really get into that too much. I mean, where in Sunday's game did the Steelers look like they have it together and everything is fine and deserve a mulligan? The Steelers are getting rightfully dumped on for their embarrassing display. The smack won't stop until they get it in gear and stop hanging over. It's going to go on all week and perhaps the rest of the season. No matter what they do, Week 1 is going to haunt them the rest of the year. The media thinks with a BCS mentality.

polamalubeast
09-15-2011, 07:43 PM
STAT OF THE WEEK

The Chicago Bears allowed 28 points to the visiting Tampa Bay Bucs and 166 yards rushing to James Wilder in the 1985 opener. The Bucs went on to finish 2-14.

polamalubeast
09-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Warren Sapp was one of my favorite players when he was in Tampa Bay and helped the buccaners won the super bowl in 2002 and this team was the worst team in the NFL before his coming.

But since he has NFL Networth, it really is an idiot.The defense was supposed to be too old after the 2009 season.

It was bad because our corners, including season average of Ike Taylor and Polamalu's injury was the reason for the disappointing season of 2009. It was not because of age.

XxKnightxX
09-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Im starting to like all this negativity, at leas our bullseye has come off the back. We suck now guys, so we can win without getting any attention.

tube517
09-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Im starting to like all this negativity, at leas our bullseye has come off the back. We suck now guys, so we can win without getting any attention.

They will be ignored through the season. Even if they whip the Ravens in November, the media will be on the *Pats bandwagon because Rich Eisen likes goats.

fansince'76
09-15-2011, 08:14 PM
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

O'Malley
09-15-2011, 08:20 PM
The Steelers need to pass for 500 yards a game and give up 400 yards per game like the Pats!!!!:sarcasm: Sapp is and always has been just that a sapp... Never liked him never will. But I do like being under the radar and love everybody thinking the Steelers are washed up and suck... Motivation is a motherfuc..........

Count Steeler
09-15-2011, 08:38 PM
SAPP CAN STFU. The recession should have taken some so called analysts with it. Unfortunately, it seems there are more and more analysts on more and more football shows and the talent pool just is not that deep.

steelpride12
09-15-2011, 09:10 PM
You can say what you want. He could be wrong and he could honestly be right, but the thing is... It's been one damn game. How can you honestly judge a team like that off of your first game of the season. And chubby is the main reason why I don't usually watch or go by what they say. All opinion which we all have and can give.

fansince'76
09-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately, it seems there are more and more analysts on more and more football shows and the talent pool just is not that deep.

Agreed. I don't have NFL Network and I refuse to watch Disney Channel II, outside of a Steelers game being broadcast on it.

steelerdiva
09-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Consider the source.

That is all.

steel striker
09-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I hope when the steelers right the ship and, see the media eat there words they will be singing a different tune. Yet they make excuses for the favorite teams like the cheats & chargers. Like last year for the chargers oh the special teams blew it. Well in 09 our special teams gave up td's in 4 weeks in arow nothing was said about that. Just how bad were the steelers and, when thoses talking heads all i here i bla, bla, bla. The rare few games that Brady got hit the talking heads would say oh my god they got to get this fix this is the great Tom Brady. Yet Ben while Ben continues to run for his life it's Ben so they could care less.

Moose
As said, it was 1 game. True, they stunk on every area of the game, but it was the 1st game. I wouldn't judge this team's capabilties until at least game 4.....Seattle, and Indy ( without Manning) should both be wins....and then comes Houston ! That should start to tell where this team is headed. Just my opinion.

steelerdude15
This idiot needs to shut the hell up.

GodfatherofSoul
09-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Sapp is a joke. Remember his website with the QB hit list? Remember that cheap shot he took on Maddox (I think) when he tried to prank fall into his ankle after the ball was thrown? Remember him turning into a lazy f**k for most of the last half of his carrier, including being part of the reason Dungy was ousted from Tampa Bay? I can respect criticism from a respectable player. That guy is a giant clown.

BigNastyDefense
09-15-2011, 11:51 PM
First, I have no respect whatsoever for Warren Sapp.

Second, the Steelers looked the worst I have seen then in the Ben Roethlisberger era. It's just one game, and I hope that game isn't a sign of what's to come this year.

Third, the Steelers need to hear this shit. I think they were reading their own press clippings. Their heads were to fucking big, and they thought all they had to do was show up and they'd beat the Ravens. Well I hope they've been reading the press clippings, listening to sports talk radio, and reading message boards. They need that fire, and Sunday it looked like there was no fire to this team.

JayC
09-16-2011, 12:31 AM
he went to miami right? all those miami thugs hate our guts so im not surprised

sky will begin falling if we lose to the seahawks

NCSteeler
09-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Sapp is an idiot, I watch a lot of NFLN and I can't stand the guy. Really went down hill when they lost Woodson and got Faulk and Sapp, BUT the Steelers Defense played like they were OLD, until they play better they will here it all the time.

The Duke
09-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Third, the Steelers need to hear this shit. I think they were reading their own press clippings. Their heads were to fucking big, and they thought all they had to do was show up and they'd beat the Ravens. Well I hope they've been reading the press clippings, listening to sports talk radio, and reading message boards. They need that fire, and Sunday it looked like there was no fire to this team.

Yup yup yup

and now that everyone thinks they are old, slow and unmotivated they are in the perfect position

heck, even those useless power rankings are down (though not enough). I do hope they've been reading everything, but the best critics are themselves, and they must know how embarrassing they looked to change it

SteelerFanInStl
09-16-2011, 08:54 AM
I hope the negativity keeps coming from the media. We always play better with a chip on our shoulder.