PDA

View Full Version : Troy gets fined

stillers4me
09-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Troy Polamalu fined $15,000 for horse-collar tackle in game vs. Ravens
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1099965827/TweetLogo_normal.jpgSteelersDigest (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/SteelersDigest)Steelers Digest

polamalubeast
09-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Its starts again.

stillers4me
09-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Just as long as any other player that did it gets fined, too.

salamander
09-15-2011, 07:15 PM
What about the horse-collar that the Raven player had on Antonio Brown?! Oh, that's right... it wasn't a Steeler doing the tackling.

fansince'76
09-15-2011, 07:21 PM
And Woodson gets tagged for $10K for throwing a punch, albeit a weak one. Very fair. :sarcasm2:

Nadroj 20
09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Since when is a flag not enough? Now every personal foul is also going to get fined? Even if they do it to every player (i don't feel this way because it is troy) I think it is stupid.

The only way I see a fine being warranted is if it CONTINUOUSLY happens.

salamander
09-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Since when is a flag not enough? Now every personal foul is also going to get fined? Even if they do it to every player (i don't feel this way because it is troy) I think it is stupid.

The only way I see a fine being warranted is if it CONTINUOUSLY happens.

Unless the player is a Steeler.

Texasteel
09-15-2011, 07:28 PM
GODell has two different fine charts. One for the teams he likes and one for the teams he doesn't like. I wish the Chief was still here. He would have a closed door meeting with this guy and the next time you see GODell would be on a milk carton. If anyone really wanted to find him.

XxKnightxX
09-15-2011, 07:59 PM
wow 15? whatever, he just signed a new contract so the NFL Tax had to go in.

SteelerFanInStl
09-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Troy should just punch the guy next time. It's cheaper.

fansince'76
09-15-2011, 08:01 PM
wow 15? whatever, he just signed a new contract so the NFL Tax had to go in.

And naturally, Brendan Ayanbadejo's horse collar of Antonio Brown wasn't fined. :coffee:

Psycho Ward 86
09-15-2011, 08:03 PM
And Woodson gets tagged for $10K for throwing a punch, albeit a weak one. Very fair. :sarcasm2:

i was about to say...

86WARD
09-15-2011, 08:21 PM
lol...awesome...

O'Malley
09-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Exactly what I was going to post... Woodson didn't even get ejected which is in the rule book for throwing a punch... Oh I forgot he plays for the Packers, no problem.

Count Steeler
09-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Goodell shows once again why he should not be the Commish. Inconsistency, unpredictability, nonsense.

How can 2 similar plays, called the same way by the same officiating crew in the same game, result in diverse fines/non fines.

fansince'76
09-15-2011, 08:36 PM
How can 2 similar plays, called the same way by the same officiating crew in the same game, result in diverse fines/non fines.

Because one of the players involved has been an outspoken, and due to his stature as a star player, oft-quoted by the media critic of Der Kommissar's disciplinary policies and the other hasn't, perhaps?

Count Steeler
09-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Because one of the players involved has been an outspoken, and due to his stature as a star player, oft-quoted by the media critic of Der Kommissar's disciplinary policies and the other hasn't, perhaps?

Further evidence to support the lynching! Where is the posse, we got us some Goodell to bring to justice!

fansince'76
09-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Further evidence to support the lynching! Where is the posse, we got us some Goodell to bring to justice!

I'm curious to know if Dan Rooney now regrets pimping the assclown to be commish.

Count Steeler
09-15-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm curious to know if Dan Rooney now regrets pimping the assclown to be commish.

I hope he does and he begins to right this wrong.

steelpride12
09-15-2011, 09:08 PM
So many things honestly wrong with this fine first he got the flag, the team served the penalty end of discussion. Why is horse collar now an automatic fine, well that brings it up to my next point. It's Not. Of course Troy got the fine, but what about the just as bad horse collar against Brown. Yes the penalty was called and served just like Troys, but weird how there is no fine.

SteelerFanInStl
09-15-2011, 09:39 PM
I saw quite a few horse collar tackles during week 1. So far, Troy is the ONLY player that's been fined for it. Gee, how f'ing ridiculous can this crap get? Where can I see a list of all of the fines handed out in week 1?

st33lersguy
09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
There are three certainties in life, death, taxes, and Roger Goodell policing the NFL like an immature Steeler hater.

steel striker
09-15-2011, 10:16 PM
How much more proof do we need to see that worthless Roger is a complete jerk a/o? Like mentioned above other horse collar tackles have not been fined and hell when Brown was horse collared. This crap needs to end and, yet most people just think we complain alot. When are the owners going put an end to this crap? When does Worthless Roger's contract expire?

steelerdude15
09-15-2011, 10:25 PM
What gets me is the fact that Ray Rice brought Troy down to the ground by his face mask and he was neither kicked out of the game nor fined. You would think that that would have caused a fine for Troy going after him the way he did.

Boh
09-15-2011, 10:31 PM
goodell was in attendance during this game too

polamalubeast
09-15-2011, 10:34 PM
And naturally, Brendan Ayanbadejo's horse collar of Antonio Brown wasn't fined. :coffee:

:coffee:

fansince'76
09-16-2011, 03:03 PM
I guess Ayanbadejo has been fined $15K now. Don't think either should be fined, personally.

GBMelBlount
09-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Roger goodell has no penis but he is an awfully big prick..

It's true.

Moose
09-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Sure, why not. It's football season and Troy's a Steeler. How else did you think GODspell would roll? Surely Harrison should be fined for something...maybe they are still looking at the tapes.

86WARD
09-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Nice. Still...horse collar >>> punch?

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2011, 09:21 AM
In case if you missed it:

Also, Patriots S Patrick Chung was fined $7,500 for unnecessary roughness on a helmet takedown of Dolphins RB Reggie Bush on Monday night.

How ridiculous is that? That wouldn't even have been a penalty in previous years and they're already fining players for it. I'm also amazed that a Pats player got a fine.

stillers4me
09-17-2011, 09:44 AM
There's a whole new generation of football fans that think all these fines are the norm now. Hopefully, whenever we get a new commish, he will let them just play football!

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2011, 10:25 AM
There's a whole new generation of football fans that think all these fines are the norm now. Hopefully, whenever we get a new commish, he will let them just play football!

That's because all those 'fans' care about is scoring and anything that doesn't result in points on the board is boring. They wouldn't know real football if it bit them in the azz.

O'Malley
09-17-2011, 12:43 PM
That's because all those 'fans' care about is scoring and anything that doesn't result in points on the board is boring. They wouldn't know real football if it bit them in the azz.

IMO this also stems from the new "fantasy" fans... Half the arguments I get in now I have to back up with stats... Stats don't mean shit to me. The outcome of the game either a W or a L is all I really care about. You could have the worst game ever but if you come out with a W it doesn't matter, last time I checked it is a team sport... As for the new "saftey" rules, they're killing football. This is why you see 400 yard passing games as the norm and ESPN only shows offensive highlights. 70 yard bombs and touchdowns. This is why they created the Redzone package, new fans want to see high scores and untouched QB's. Football purists such as the Steelers Nation want to see smashmouth football. Unfortunatly this now draws flags and fines and we see the Steelers D pull up short or arm tackle so they don't get flagged or fined. This is getting way beyond rediculous and is getting hard to watch. But the fines are tax deductable and IMO the Steelers should just start pilling them up and not worry about it. Make the fines part of their stats and get back to putting fear in opponents. In reality the fines don't effect them one bit. Doesn't hurt their pocket at the end of the day, they get the money back. So why not start playing Steelers football and quit worring about fines.

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Even though I've played fantasy football for over 20 years, I know where you're coming from. A lot of them only want to see points. Too many 'fans' that also think that fantasy = reality.

I've never understood the draw of the Redzone channel.

O'Malley
09-17-2011, 04:52 PM
You get to see every touchdown every week to keep tabs on your fantasy team:jerkit:. My aunt asked me to be in her fantasy league and I told her my team is good in reality. Even if they weren't I would not participate in what is killing the game of football.

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
It's not the fantasy leagues that are killing football. Those have been going on for a long time. These developments have come in the last few years with Goodell taking over and putting in his pansy rules.

O'Malley
09-17-2011, 10:15 PM
It's not the fantasy leagues that are killing football. Those have been going on for a long time. These developments have come in the last few years with Goodell taking over and putting in his pansy rules.

Your right, I'm just trying to come up with a different reason then Goodell... This was the only one I could think of...

BlacknGoldBabe
09-18-2011, 07:08 AM
I saw quite a few horse collar tackles during week 1. So far, Troy is the ONLY player that's been fined for it. Gee, how f'ing ridiculous can this crap get? Where can I see a list of all of the fines handed out in week 1?

Talk about singling out a team! As the old saying goes, "what's good for the goose is also good for the gander." Looks like the commish hates the team of the guy who led his bandwagon. Talk about a bite in the azz!

steel striker
09-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Seems to me the league wants the NFL to be like Madden Football on ps2 or xbox. It's real sad that the nfl has come to this.

Count Steeler
09-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Seems to me the league wants the NFL to be like Madden Football on ps2 or xbox. It's real sad that the nfl has come to this.

Won't be worth watching much longer. Extremely hard for me to watch anything but the Steelers. I may try to watch some of the Ravens-Titans, just to see how the chop block gets handled.

Nadroj 20
09-18-2011, 09:18 AM
I play fantasy sports but my Steelers come first and im more sensible then some. I also do not think its that bad a thing to like high scoring games and I'm not sure why this makes someone a "new fan" or any less of a fan then we are.

Simply put Goodell is the reason football is changing, nobody else is.