PDA

View Full Version : The Top 5 Steelers that need to "Bring It" in 2010

Pi Kapp Steeler
06-27-2010, 04:54 PM
by Summer hamilton
The 2010 regular season is quickly approaching. The Steelers face a few problems coming into the year- Ben Roethlisberger's six game absence and the loss of Super Bowl MVP wide reciever Santonio Holmes. To give the Steelers the chance to win games during Ben's suspension, and make the playoffs, several of the men in black and gold need to step it up a bit. Here are my picks for the top five Steelers that need to" Bring It" in 2010.

Bryant Mcfadden

The Steelers desperately needed this man back last year when their poor secondary was exposed after the injury to Troy Polamalu. Even with Troy back healthy the Steelers need all of their defensive backs to step it up this year.

Ike Taylor

Ike Taylor has always been known for his unusual combination of both speed and size. But now, at the magic age of thirty it should be expected that he will slow down a bit. Ike needs to step it up this year and work exceptionly hard not to be stripped of his starter status as he was in 2006. And after only two interceptions in the last two seasons, he must work with the wide recievers to ensure his catching ability improves before the Steelers hit the field in September.

Hines Ward

Even at his age, Hines Ward is a highly commendable wide reciever in the NFL. But, with the number two man, Santonio Holmes, being traded he needs to step up not only as the number one wide reciever on the Steelers' roster, but he also needs to be helping the new number two man, Mike Wallace. It is an extremely hard transition to go from the number three man to becoming the second go-to guy, especially in your second year in the league, But with Hines helping him out it should not be impossible. Also, with the additions of Arnaz Battle and Antwaan Randle El, the wide recieving core will not be weak.

Maurkice Pouncey

It is highly likely that Maurkice Pouncey will be starting at guard for the Steelers this season. And with this big road grater on the line we will be able to run the ball forward, as well as some members of the Ravens Defense backwards

Rashard Mendenhall

Rashard Mendenhall had his breakout season last year rushing for 1,108 yards, seven touchdowns, and 261 recieving yards. However,with the loss of Willie Parker, more pressure is on Rashard Mendenhall and sixth round pick, Jonathon Dwyer to run the ball this season. But with the new g/c Maurkice Pouncey on the line we will see immediate improvement in the running game.

solardave
06-27-2010, 05:35 PM
I agree with all your picks and would like to add Joe Burnett (nickle and dime package), Mike Wallace, Frank Summers and Dwyer.

steelpride12
06-27-2010, 07:43 PM
I agree completely, if these guys can step up and have big seasons this will greatly improve the offense and defense overall.

Psycho Ward 86
06-27-2010, 08:11 PM
I agree with all your picks and would like to add Joe Burnett (nickle and dime package), Mike Wallace, Frank Summers and Dwyer.

huh, there's next to no pressure for Joe to do anything, and as integral as they should be, summers and dwyer also.

7willBheaven
06-27-2010, 10:24 PM
huh, there's next to no pressure for Joe to do anything, and as integral as they should be, summers and dwyer also.

If anything I'd say the pressure would be on K. Lewis...not Burnett.

BlastFurnace
06-27-2010, 11:11 PM
To me, no-one is carrying the "Bring It" flag more than Mike Wallace. In order to make fans not talk more about Holmes, Wallace must deliver this season.

Wallace108
06-27-2010, 11:28 PM
To me, no-one is carrying the "Bring It" flag more than Mike Wallace. In order to make fans not talk more about Holmes, Wallace must deliver this season.

What? What? Oh, THAT Wallace ... :chuckle:
I can't wait to watch him tear it up this season!!

Devilsdancefloor
06-28-2010, 12:23 AM
I would NOT be surprised if Lewis starts over Bmac.

Wallace108
06-28-2010, 12:28 AM

I'd be surprised ... but whenever I doubt a player, I'm more than happy to be wrong. :yup:

Galax Steeler
06-28-2010, 03:54 AM
I just love everything I am reading about Pouncey I can't wait to watch him play. Mendenhall should be in for a great year if he can stay injury free. As for Wallace if he plays like he did last year he could move into the no.1 slot very easy. I think at the corner position everyone of them need to step up they can't do no worse then last year.

solardave
06-28-2010, 06:00 AM
QUOTE=7willBheaven;18122]If anything I'd say the pressure would be on K. Lewis...not Burnett.[/QUOTE]

Let me back up on that one. I'm old and get those two mixed up.:rolleyes2:[

solardave
06-28-2010, 06:04 AM
QUOTE=Devilsdancefloor;18147]I would NOT be surprised if Lewis starts over Bmac.[/QUOTE]

Then we'd have 2 corners that can't catch.:sofunny:

BlastFurnace
06-28-2010, 10:01 AM

I would be surprised this year, but not next year. I'd be really surpised if BMAC doesn't start this season.

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Lewis could pull it off. He has a ton of upside, and really he was a bargain. A lot of places had him ranked as a 3rd round pick, even a 2nd rounder. The potential is there. It's just hard to show it when you're injured almost your entire rookie season.

Indo
06-28-2010, 01:03 PM
The ONE person who really needs to bring it, at least early in the season, is Lefty. He needs to hand the reins back to Ben with a (no worse than) 3-1 start (assuming the suspension is REALLY only 4 games...)

7willBheaven
06-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Lewis could pull it off. He has a ton of upside, and really he was a bargain. A lot of places had him ranked as a 3rd round pick, even a 2nd rounder. The potential is there. It's just hard to show it when you're injured almost your entire rookie season.

We did take him in the 3rd round...so we got him about where he was ranked then.

steeldevil
06-28-2010, 03:54 PM
whoever starts at Right Tackle...

The Duke
06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
I hope lewis starts. We've seen what Bmac can do, not bad, but nothing special. If he beats him we know we have a good player right there

Wow, if burnett and lewis both improve we could have amazing depth at CB!!

whoever starts at Right Tackle...

true....

Psycho Ward 86
06-28-2010, 09:57 PM
We did take him in the 3rd round...so we got him about where he was ranked then.

oh whoops got my Burnett's and Lewis' mixed up