09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
remember kids, you can't spell "crap" without "RAP".:chuckle:

SMR
09-14-2011, 08:17 PM
remember kids, you can't spell "crap" without "RAP".:chuckle:

lol

st33lersguy
09-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Dick LeBeau is way past his prime. His innovative zone defenses of the past has degenerated into prevent defenses that get roastedby any half-decent passing game. He needs to retire

SteelerEmpire
09-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Dick LeBeau is way past his prime. His innovative zone defenses of the past has degenerated into prevent defenses that get roastedby any half-decent passing game. He needs to retire

But the run D has been exceptional (up until a few days ago) but just remember C. Lake has not really had the time to work with these guys (the DB's) because of the lockout. Lets see where the secondary is at about week 8, IF the team is still contending for a playoff spot.

zulater
09-14-2011, 10:02 PM

If the Steelers rebound and make a run for the Super bowl this season, don't forget to remind us of this again.

steel striker
09-14-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm not going to blame Dick for our defense being a step or two behind the ravens. It was just a bad day all way around.

NCSteeler
09-14-2011, 11:26 PM

You mean the same D that was a featured part of BOTH Superbowl teams this past season?

BlastFurnace
09-15-2011, 10:48 AM
LeBeau's body of work is too great to be dismissed over one game.

The entire team stunk. It just wasn't one person. It was everyone.

Let's see what happens vs. Seattle. I think people will be a lot happier around 4:00pm on Sunday.

suitanim
09-15-2011, 10:58 AM
I remember when everyone said almost the same exact thing about the Bus.

He was "too old".

The game had "passed him by".

Then he had like 2 really solid seasons after that and was unstoppable in the Super Bowl.

LeBeau is fine. But we have the likes of McFadden and Gay trying to stop guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers. That ain't a great match-up regardless of scheme.

pepsyman1
09-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Lebeau's scheme is just fine. I will admit that at times He doesn't seem as aggressive as he used to be and they do go with a softer approach at the end of games and before halftimes. I think Capers runs his version a little more aggressively, he gambles more than Lebeau does.

BnG_Hevn
09-15-2011, 11:17 AM
7 turnovers by the offense and you blame the defense? How many short fields were given to the Ravens? The offense and defense play off each other so when one breaks down, they both break down.

If the offense controls the ball, it keeps the defense fresh so they can get 3 and outs and with 3 and outs, the offense gets more opportunities to control the ball.

It's not the fault of the defense that the offense turned it over 7 times.

Chidi29
09-15-2011, 11:33 AM
And overreact...

....now

GodfatherofSoul
09-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Wow, Labeau fell off really FAST! Top ranked defense last year and one bad game, now he needs to retire...

tube517
09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I remember when everyone said almost the same exact thing about the Bus.

He was "too old".

The game had "passed him by".

Then he had like 2 really solid seasons after that and was unstoppable in the Super Bowl.

LeBeau is fine. But we have the likes of McFadden and Gay trying to stop guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers. That ain't a great match-up regardless of scheme.

But it's a 5 star matchup because we're in it...... :chuckle:

tube517
09-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow, Labeau fell off really FAST! Top ranked defense last year and one bad game, now he needs to retire...

Also, he needs to return his HOF bust because that one game just negated all his accomplishments. :chuckle:

katmandu
09-15-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm not going to blame Dick for our defense being a step or two behind the ravens. It was just a bad day all way around. Bottom line for that shit of a game was that the Ratbirds simply WANTED that game MUCH more than we did. They were psyched up and the Steeler's were not.

I think Ben was still on his honeymoon. Hope that game was enough of a wake up to reality!

Count Steeler
09-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Now seriously,...

fansince'76
09-15-2011, 05:52 PM
"LeBeau is so old he pisses his pants on the sidelines." :chuckle:

st33lersguy
09-15-2011, 10:11 PM
LeBeau's body of work is too great to be dismissed over one game.

The entire team stunk. It just wasn't one person. It was everyone.

Let's see what happens vs. Seattle. I think people will be a lot happier around 4:00pm on Sunday.

I am not dismissing Dick LeBeau's entire work, I am just saying he is on the downside of his career after watching him repeatedly use the prevent defense even though it repeatedly failed in 2009 watched haplessly as his defense was torn to shreds against every solid team he has played and has watched haplessly as his defense has been ripped to shreds dating back to the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game with no adjustment. He has had a great career but he has been on decline for the past two years