PDA

View Full Version : The (4) Fumbles Last Week....

katmandu
09-13-2011, 01:07 PM
I haven't seen any real discussion on the (4) Fumbles from last week's debacle of a game.

I wasn't able to view the game entirely and I'm wondering WHO was responsible for these (4) Fumbles ?

I was however able to see one play where Mendenhall was sprinting down the right sideline swinging his right arm while carry the football like a loaf a bread !! Seeing him do that REALLY PISSED ME OFF!!

suitanim
09-13-2011, 01:14 PM
(Off the top of my head), two were Ben getting hit. One was Mendy, but a defender was right there in the backfield. The other was Moore after a nice 20-some yard gain.

That last one is when you really know you're screwed that particular day: You make a nice play when things are not going well, and then you get the ball stripped and lose possession.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah, the first one was a stunt on a pass rush and Kemo was double teaming the rusher to his left and didnt even see the stunt, so the rusher(Suggs I think) got a free shot on Ben and caused the fumble.

The next one was where Legursky just wiffed at Ngata on the way by to get to a LB and gave Ngata a free shot at Mendenhall just as he was getting the handoff. Suitanim posted on the Moore fumble and I am not sure of the last one, but it might have been on the last play of the game.

Everybody is on Scott or Colon for the QB pressure, but I had Kemo and Legursky being responsible for a lot of the missed protections and big plays. Plus it looked like Legursky got pushed around like he was Darnell Stapleton. Better times this week we hope.

SteelMember
09-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Your not going to win many games with multiple turnovers. Let alone the amount we had.... Plus, against a rival that seemed to have something to prove.

We were sloppy and under prepared. We got the butt kicking we deserved. Hopefully the team will grow from this. It's still early... odds are we were going to lose eventually.

Count Steeler
09-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Let's hope that was about it for our season on turnovers. Maybe another 7 the rest of the way. AND, we need to start causing turnovers as well.

Crow-Magnon
09-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Of the four fumbles, the only one that shouldn't have happened was Lewis' strip of Mendenhall. Roethlisberger is big and strong as QB's go, but he got popped once and the other fumble occured just as he was getting ready to pass. Another millisecond and his arm would have been going forward and it would have been ruled an incomplete pass. And the Mendenhall fumble in the backfield by Ngata was simply a crushing hit just after he received the handoff from Ben.

But he was cruising downfield and should have had the ball tucked in tight. Instead, he allowed a LB to catch up to him and use a classic chop manuever to knock the ball loose. THAT fumble was easily avoided.

Pristas
09-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Of the four fumbles, the only one that shouldn't have happened was Lewis' strip of Mendenhall. Roethlisberger is big and strong as QB's go, but he got popped once and the other fumble occured just as he was getting ready to pass. Another millisecond and his arm would have been going forward and it would have been ruled an incomplete pass. And the Mendenhall fumble in the backfield by Ngata was simply a crushing hit just after he received the handoff from Ben.

But he was cruising downfield and should have had the ball tucked in tight. Instead, he allowed a LB to catch up to him and use a classic chop manuever to knock the ball loose. THAT fumble was easily avoided.

That last RB was Mewelde Moore, and he really made a nice play. When he juked to the right, it gave Ray Lewis an opportunity to get to him. Ray slammed his arm down on top of the ball, like he's done many times before, and out popped the ball. Not many guys can hold onto a Ray slap.

I don't know if you give the fumble to Mendy or Ben, or consider it a suicide play. Ngata was practically handed the ball.

Psycho Ward 86
09-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah, the first one was a stunt on a pass rush and Kemo was double teaming the rusher to his left and didnt even see the stunt, so the rusher(Suggs I think) got a free shot on Ben and caused the fumble.

No, that was Pouncey that looked like blocked the wrong guy

SteelerEmpire
09-13-2011, 07:56 PM
I noticed Mendy STILL does not protect the football when he is in traffic... he WILL fumble again !

katmandu
09-14-2011, 09:33 AM
I noticed Mendy STILL does not protect the football when he is in traffic... he WILL fumble again !Yes, exactly. That's what I was refering to in my original post.

ANyone have a video clip of the play where Mendy is sprinting down the right sideline swinging the ball in his right hand ?

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
No, that was Pouncey that looked like blocked the wrong guy

I thought that too at first........so I watched it 3 more times. Pouncey was on NT Cody, while Jon Scott was blocking Redding. Kemo had nobody over him at first, so he slid over to double team Redding and left a huge lane for Suggs to loop inside from his left OLB spot.

Kemo got caught on a similar stunt later in the game too.