PDA

View Full Version : Don't write off season just yet

stillers4me
09-13-2011, 05:20 AM
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a brief chat with linebacker James Farrior near the end of their 35-7 smackdown Sunday by the Baltimore Ravens. It was a man-to-man talk. It was a captain-to-captain talk. And it wasn't anything like you might imagine.

Roethlisberger did not say: "I'm so sorry I played like this. Throwing three interceptions and losing two fumbles is so unlike me. I never do that against those guys."

Although he could have said just that.

Farrior did not say: "I apologize for our defense. We couldn't stop the run. We couldn't stop the pass. We couldn't stop anything."

Although he, too, could have said it....................

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11256/1174286-87-0.stm

tube517
09-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Damn Right. Game is over. Seattle is next. This is not a sprint. It's a marathon. We'll see the Ratbirds in November. It will be a different story. But, for now, it's the Seahawks. Be afraid, Seattle, Be very afraid.

Spike
09-13-2011, 08:17 AM
man-to-man talk:

Ben: "We suck"

Farrior: "No shit"

86WARD
09-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Who is writing the season off?

Dino 6 Rings
09-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Well no Shiiit...I mean, we lost the freaking Super Bowl 9 months ago...a week 1 opening loss isn't nearly as crushing as that. At least now we can move on, and refocuss and kill someone next week.

Count Steeler
09-13-2011, 06:11 PM
This was the iceberg that sunk the Titanic. The team was getting pretty heady and talking about "lighting up the scoreboard". I admit I am guilty of that as well. OK, BS is over. Every week is a war, we need to prepare for battle and be ready to WIN. Aggressive, punishing defense. Steady, flashy at times offense. Dependable Special Teams. Every one needs to prepare. Coaches, trainers, players.

Time to Steeler up! We don't celebrate till after the SB is won. We don't win the SB by just showing up. Time to play. Time to be men.

Crow-Magnon
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Well no Shiiit...I mean, we lost the freaking Super Bowl 9 months ago...a week 1 opening loss isn't nearly as crushing as that. At least now we can move on, and refocuss and kill someone next week.

Kill the Seahawks if you must, but....don't run up the score! :yield:

Burghfan58
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Farrior couldn't apologize if he wanted to for poor play. He was sitting on the bench for most of the first half. I still don't understand that move.

SteelerFanInStl
09-14-2011, 08:52 AM
No one's writing off the season. Our schedule is pretty easy this year with week one being one of the toughest games all year. Looking at our schedule, we could easily go 14-2.

Let everyone think that we suck. That's fine with me.

Spike
09-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Farrior couldn't apologize if he wanted to for poor play. He was sitting on the bench for most of the first half. I still don't understand that move.

I don't either - Foote was a better option - - really?

Anyway, I don't expect much from Farrior.

But where were the impact plays from the $200M contract guys like Woodley, Troy and Timmons?

Get off your fat wallet asses and make some fucking plays!

O'Malley
09-14-2011, 03:11 PM
No one's writing off the season. Our schedule is pretty easy this year with week one being one of the toughest games all year. Looking at our schedule, we could easily go 14-2.

Let everyone thing that we suck. That's fine with me.

They seem to play better when their manhood is in doubt... I'm on this boat for sure!!!!

steel9guy
09-14-2011, 03:27 PM
I wrote this season off after week 1 haha, jk. But for real I expected to lose 1 to the ratbirds this year anyways. We have been so good against them. We will be fine, it's not even an issue to me that we will bounce back. I"m just worried about our injuries already.

ALLD
09-14-2011, 05:02 PM
We couldn't run the ball and couldn't pass the ball, but we made up for it by not tackling.

fansince'76
09-14-2011, 05:15 PM
We couldn't run the ball and couldn't pass the ball, but we made up for it by not tackling.

And in regards to the team's execution? I'm in favor of it. :chuckle:

stillers4me
09-14-2011, 05:20 PM

You can get fined of you don't tackle.

ALLD
09-14-2011, 06:17 PM
It is a notorious quote by John McKay of the Bucs. Here are some more:

On losing a key game - "I told our players that there were 700 million Chinese people in the world who didn't even know the game was played. The next week, I got five letters from China asking "What happened?"

After the Bucs broke their 26-game losing streak - "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

On an interception thrown by Steve DeBerg in 1984 that cost the Bucs a game against the Giants - "It was thrown to nobody. Well, it was thrown to somebody, Harry Carson. But he happened to be playing for the New York Giants at the time. It would have been a good pass if Harry had been playing for us."

"Well, we've determined that we can't win at home and we can't win on the road. What we need is a neutral site."
- John McKay, the first coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, during the inaugural season of 1976 when the Bucs endured a 0-14 record.