PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a pretty bad time for the Seahawks to come to Heinz Field

stillers4me
09-13-2011, 05:15 AM
Las Vegas oddsmakers are often maddeningly close when it comes to predicting the outcome of games.

And they've established the Steelers as 14-point favorites Sunday, a whopping number considering this is the NFL and that the Steelers played their worst game of the Mike Tomlin era in losing 35-7 to the Ravens.

But Vegas recognizes, along with a lot of other people, that the Seattle Seahawks could not be visiting Pittsburgh at a worse time...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_756455.html

Steeldude
09-13-2011, 05:21 AM
i'll wait to see what happens.

Vis
09-13-2011, 07:23 AM
How close was Vegas on week 1?

salamander
09-13-2011, 07:33 AM
After what we've seen the last couple of seasons, I never underestimate an opponent and the Steelers better not either.

86WARD
09-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Up to 14.5. I feel bad for Seattle.

Godfather
09-13-2011, 08:58 AM
It's the Seahawks so the refs will take care of us if we don't play well.

Mach1
09-13-2011, 09:06 AM
The Steelers have the bad problem of playing down to their opponents. Teams that we should kill seem to always be close nail biters.

Spike
09-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Doesn't sound like Tomlin learned them any lesson in humility...still swaggin

@Ike_SwagginU
Ike Taylor
Adversity what you gone do. Make excuse Feel sorry for urself OR LOOK THAT MOFO FACE 2 FACE AND SWAGG ON THAT B #SWAGGIN
1 hour ago

polamalubeast
09-13-2011, 09:35 AM
The Steelers have the bad problem of playing down to their opponents. Teams that we should kill seem to always be close nail biters.

I'll be as shocked if the Steelers is not a good performences against the Seahawks. Last year, the Steelers' five losses were against the very good team.

In 2009, Polamalu's injury is the reason why the Steelers missed the playoffs(5 losses by 3 points,one by 6 points,one by 7 points).

If the Steelers lose against the Seahawks, it means that the steelers are not a good team this year.

Dino 6 Rings
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
I'd actually consider this a "trap game" if the Steelers had whooped the Ravens. But since we got punched in the mouth, we should, as MEN, come out swinging for a blow out.

we are 0-1. We aren't Super Bowl Champs right now, we are tied with the Browns for the basement of the AFC North. Time to correct that ASAP! Be MEN!

BigNastyDefense
09-13-2011, 12:38 PM
While I expect us to come out and completely kick the Seagulls ass on Sunday, 2009 taught me to never think that a game is a gimme. That year we lost to the following bad teams: Kansas City, Cleveland, and Oakland. All three teams picked in the top ten of the NFL draft because that's how bad they were.

Hopefully the Steelers come out pissed off and whoop Seattle up an down Heinz Field all day long. But if they come out and look bad, then I am going to start wondering if we'll be picking in the top ten this season.

Edman
09-13-2011, 12:50 PM

@Ike_SwagginU
Ike Taylor
Adversity what you gone do. Make excuse Feel sorry for urself OR LOOK THAT MOFO FACE 2 FACE AND SWAGG ON THAT B #SWAGGIN
1 hour ago

Well to be fair, Ike Taylor was one of the few Steelers who didn't look like complete crap Sunday. Give 'im that.

Spike
09-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Well to be fair, Ike Taylor was one of the few Steelers who didn't look like complete crap Sunday. Give 'im that.

yep. he earned his paycheck

from the PPG...

they better be pissed

"Last year doesn't count," safety Ryan Clark said. "That's what we have to realize and that's the thing we have to focus on. What we did last year doesn't count. What we did three years ago and won the Super Bowl doesn't matter. This is 2011 and in 2011 we're a very bad football team, we're 0-1 and it wasn't close, it wasn't close at all."

SteelerFanInStl
09-13-2011, 03:09 PM

@Ike_SwagginU
Ike Taylor
1 hour ago

I like Ike but my head hurts just trying to read that.

Pittsburgh43
09-13-2011, 03:55 PM
@SteelerFanInStl

Shit, man you just gotta look that mofo tweet in the face and SWAGG on that B! LOL

Buckinnuts
09-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I heard the same head referee that was in sb 40 will be the one for the game

Count Steeler
09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Let's get out there and play football. Last week we played Goodell ball.

GutterflowerSteel
09-13-2011, 04:43 PM
After what we've seen the last couple of seasons, I never underestimate an opponent and the Steelers better not either.

:nod:

Count Steeler
09-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Never underestimate the desire to win. As much as we want to open a can of whoop ass on the Hawks, I'm sure they would like to get their first win as well. Perhaps we are more talented, but they may be hungrier than we would want to believe. NOTHING is easy. Take nothing for granted.
Play like you are getting paid.

steelpride12
09-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Ugh the more and more experts and people jam down the Seahawks throats that that are going to get killed the better chance they have of coming into our house and whooping our ass again. I only like the Steelers under the radar no where else and right now they have a bullseye on their chest after a bad loss and I don't like it.

I just hope they don't get cocky during this game and expect to win big because Seattle will bring their A game and the Steelers do lose to shit teams at least once a season let's hope Sunday is not that game.

Psycho Ward 86
09-13-2011, 06:14 PM

@Ike_SwagginU
Ike Taylor
1 hour ago

What did he say wrong? At least he performed well. Yeah alright, he had a really dumb personal foul, but he's totally right. All he wants to do is fight through adversity, not feel sorry for ourselves, and just go hard. Sounds good to me.

stillers4me
09-13-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what Ike said. :noidea:

I'm just laughing reading that to myself in Ike's voice. :lol:

Pristas
09-13-2011, 07:11 PM
I really hope that the Steelers don't read all the "They are going to win because they are better than the Seahawks and because we have something to prove" headlines. I think that was what got us into the hole with the Ravens game. As soon as you believe you are due for something, it is taken away.