PDA

View Full Version : After further review … Steelers/Ravens

stillers4me
09-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Taking a look back at the Steelers-Ravens game on my DVR

* For my money, the play of the game was the Ray Rice 36-yard run on the first snap. It was a simple zone run to the left for Rice, but it set the tone for the entire game.

This is what happened: Troy Polamalu was blocked to the outside by tight end Ed Dickson; backside guard Marshal Yanda cut Casey Hampton while he was being blocked by center Matt Birk; guard Ben Grubbs put Brett Keisel on his backside; fullback Vonte Leach locked down James Harrison; and the big man, left tackle Bryant McKinnie, cleared the way for Rice with by swallowing linebacker James Farrior.

The play was blocked up absolutely perfect by the Ravens. However, 36 yards should’ve never come out of it. Ryan Clark missed a tackle 12 yards down the field that resulted in an extra 20-plus yards.

Dick LeBeau always is the first to credit Clark for being the reason why the Steelers rarely give up long runs. That is very true because Rice’s run should’ve been 15 yards at the most if it wasn’t for Clark’s missed tackle.............

read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/09/12/after-futher-review/#.Tm6GUhZU19k.twitter

Austin87
09-13-2011, 03:59 AM
This pretty much sums it up. Not a game to remember.

Edman
09-13-2011, 04:20 AM
It was an abortion of a game played by the Steelers.

After further review...

It still is an abortion of a game played by the Steelers. What is there to analyze? The Steelers played like dog shit and that is exactly how the Ravens destroyed them.

Dino 6 Rings
09-13-2011, 12:30 PM
wait, shouldn't this have been a 15 yard penalty?

"backside guard Marshal Yanda cut Casey Hampton while he was being blocked by center Matt Birk;"

I didn't get to see the game cause I was driving across the country at the time. but all I needed to see was 7 Turnovers to understand the results.

suitanim
09-13-2011, 12:32 PM
That does sound like an illegal block.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........