PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Week

Dino 6 Rings
09-12-2011, 10:50 AM
We are coming off a horrible disgusting shameful loss and there is no better cure than Destroying a team that you are 500 Times better than up and down the entire roster.

This week, We have the Seahawks, the only team to make the playoffs at sub 500 last season and the only team the 49ers will be likely to defeat this season. There is NO Excuse for not winning this game.

I expect us to Run the Ball down their throats for over 200 Yard Rushing and to Pass for over 250 with ZERO interceptions given, and I expect us to get 5 sacks and at least 2 turnovers by our Defense. If the Seahawks are able to generate over 250 yards total offense against our Team then I will call for the firing of some people. Be it the guy that hands out the water bottles during time outs to the gal selling hot dogs. If we do not completely destroy the Seahawks this weekend then Heads Must Roll.

HERE WE GO!

Randy06
09-12-2011, 10:53 AM
I have to agree lol

steelpride12
09-12-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm excited for this game after a horrible loss. Sure the easy thing to think is we will roll all over them and take the anger out on them, but I know it won't be that easy of a game whatsoever. I do know the Steelers will win. They must prove it to themselves and the fans that we can and will win and be right back in the Super Bowl. This is not a team that just lays down and takes it and after a loss like that they have no excuse, but to win.

I will be at the game Sunday and am totally excited to see how we will respond to yesterdays embarrassment.

polamalubeast
09-12-2011, 10:58 AM
This is a must-win for the Steelers and it is against a terrible team.The Seahawks have always been terrible on the road.

86WARD
09-12-2011, 10:59 AM
I feel bad for the Seahawks......

No way the Steelers start 0-2.

polamalubeast
09-12-2011, 11:02 AM
tavaris jackson is NOT Aaron Rodgers!

Lambert_Loonie
09-12-2011, 11:09 AM
The Seattle Seahawks are going to die.

Dino 6 Rings
09-12-2011, 11:10 AM
During these last 3 Super Bowl runs, we have lost to good teams during the season only to step up and play better in the playoffs (minus the SB last year). However, any time we miss the playoffs we lose to Bad Teams. The forums are ripe with pain and agony after losses to teams like the Chiefs a few years ago, the Browns, the Cardinals, the Raiders, teams we should have destroyed but lost to. Those are the years we miss the playoffs, not years we lose to other playoff teams during the regular season.

We must win this game to set the Season on the right track. Which is, Make the Playoffs, Win the Super Bowl. Anything less is Failure.

polamalubeast
09-12-2011, 11:26 AM
In 2010, he had the loss against the Patriots, which was very embarrassing.

In 2008, he had the loss against the Eagles, or that his was the worst performences the o-line I saw in my life.

It was also the loss against the Giants and the Colts that Roethlisberger had a horrible game.

In 2005, he had to 26-7 against the Colts.

It was another example of the other teams.

Last year, the Saints lost 30-10 against the Browns at home and after the game, they had six straight wins.

Same thing for the Patriots, they lost 34-14 against the browns and they had eight straight wins.

The Jets lost 45-3 against the pats and they made ​​the AFC TITLE GAME.

In 2008, the cards against the pats lose 47-7 to the week 16 and they participate in the super bowl.

In 2007, the Giants lost 45-35 and 35-13 in their first two games, after they won six games in a row and they shook the world by winning the super bowl.

In 2006, the Colts lost 44-17 against the Jaguars and they allow 375 yards rushing, but they won the Super Bowl.

In 2003, the pats lost 31-0 against the Bills in week 1 and ended with a record of 14-2 and won the Super Bowl.

I want to say is that he has hope.

It is possible to recover after a poor perform.

BigNastyDefense
09-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Exactly. Bad games happen. Especially week one when some teams have big heads, and I think our heads were a bit big.

Something tells me some players were reading their own press clippings and felt all they had to do is show up to beat the Ravens.

Combine that with how the Ravens have beating Pittsburgh as their goal this season, and you get yesterday's disaster.

Hell...I don't mind losing the Baltimore again 35-7 as long as the Steelers end the season lifting up their seventh Lombardi Trophy.

zulater
09-12-2011, 12:18 PM
After the 5 game losing streak of 2009, mainly against the dregs of the league, I refuse to take any game for granted. The Steelers better bring their A game, whatever it is, if they want to beat the Seahawks.

polamalubeast
09-12-2011, 12:39 PM
After the 5 game losing streak of 2009, mainly against the dregs of the league, I refuse to take any game for granted. The Steelers better bring their A game, whatever it is, if they want to beat the Seahawks.

agree,This is a must-win for the Steelers.

venom
09-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Thank Allah this was game 1 and not a game deep in the schedule . Now we play Seattle who has to travel across the country to play the Steelers in Pittsburgh ?? I know there is no guarantee in sports , but this will be a win for us

Dino 6 Rings
09-12-2011, 02:03 PM
This better be a win. It better be a balls to the wall full out 100% 60 minute beat down of a clearly inferior team.

steel striker
09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Never mail in any wins in the NFL because, we all know what can happen. I still think the steelers will get it together win this game. I just want to see the o-line play better and, give Mendy & Ben a chance out there.

86WARD
09-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm mailing it in. If they lose...it'll be ugly for this team...

Mach1
09-12-2011, 04:29 PM
We should win this game easily!

But I wouldn't count suckchickens before their hatched either.

tube517
09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
We will unleash he.....er....... :chuckle:

Carolina Steelers
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Every time I think we should win easily were into the 3rd qtr with a slim lead, it seems we never just blow anyone out. I would love to see Batch, and Dixon taking some snaps in the 3rd qtr. If we played on paper we should be up 24-3 @ half but we dont its played on the field if we limit mistakes this game should be well in hand by 3rd qtr.

Count Steeler
09-12-2011, 04:48 PM
No predictions forthcoming. These guys better damn well play like they are getting paid. None of them deserves to cash their checks this week. Donate it to charity guys. At least come out of this week with some dignity.

O'Malley
09-12-2011, 05:41 PM
No predictions forthcoming. These guys better damn well play like they are getting paid. None of them deserves to cash their checks this week. Donate it to charity guys. At least come out of this week with some dignity.

^This^, also I am sick and tired of them tweeting and posting on facebook.... They should be banned from all social networks and confined to the gym, practice field, and film room for the remander of the season!!! Concentrate on football and football only.. Get their feet back on Earth and start working at improving every week like the Steelers I remember.. I could care less what they had for breakfast or how their workout went. I would rather see them win on Sunday then get a look in to their personal lifes.

This also has to go for the coaches they did not perform up to snuff on Sunday either.. No second half adjustments, didn't even try to stretch the field, couldn't stop the run, couldn't stop the pass. It's like all the Steelers and Steelers staff took the day off and mailed it in.

As for the Shehawks game it's not only a must win it's a must destroy game get back to Steelers football and forget all the shit about fines etc... Hit them in the mouth right off the bat and continue to hit them in the mouth for sixty minutes... Carry that in to the rest of the season, f--- Goodell and play the way football is supposed to be played. They may be able to fine us and flag us but if you hit them hard enough they don't come back in the game to beat you. Enstill fear back in to the opposing offenses and around the league and let them know the Steelers are back and ready to crack some skulls wide open for sixty minutes every game. Make them not want to come over the middle and start playing the game like men again. Screw this cream puff bullshit the league is mandating and play Steelers football the rest of the way out.....

Burghfan58
09-12-2011, 05:47 PM
The city of Pittsburgh will implode if they lose to the Seahawks at home. And I will officially be concerned for the season.

shutdown
09-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Bill Leavy to referee Seahawks at Steelers Sunday

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2016185620_billleavytorefereeseahawksatsteelerssun day.html

LOL!

steeldevil
09-12-2011, 06:04 PM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2016185620_billleavytorefereeseahawksatsteelerssun day.html

LOL!

Thats bad for us.... Look for them to get some "make up calls."

The Duke
09-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I really pity Tarvaris Jackson

Edman
09-12-2011, 07:02 PM
The Steelers have laid eggs at home to bad teams before. Most famously against Oakland in 2009 with the season on the line. Don't even think for a minute this game would be easy. I thought the Ravens was going to be tough, but close win or lose. But it was never close. It was about as ugly a game the Steelers would ever play. An epic debacle that deserves ridicule for the rest of the week if not the year. I hope the team is haunted and forced to watch their shitfest all week and the rest of the season. A sign that maybe they're not as good as they thought they were and they need to get to work and work hard.

I knew the Ravens game would be a difficult game, but seeing the Steelers utterly unprepared, shellshocked and sloppy beyond any imagination yesterday was very discouraging about the coaching and the mental ability of the team. Seahawks is not only a must-win, it's by other words, a must-destroy. Channel Sunday's debacle into a new focus on the season. It damn well better be a wake up call.

st33lersguy
09-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Let's just hope this Seahawks game isn't like the 2009 game against the Raiders

SteelerEmpire
09-12-2011, 08:56 PM
I feel bad for the Seahawks......

No way the Steelers start 0-2.

Especially with both Troy and Ben playing. If we do end up 0-2 then I'm calling the Allegheny County health dept. because there must be something in the water in Pittsburgh...

fansince'76
09-12-2011, 09:06 PM

LOL!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/102677080_28cff1b92c.jpg

:cry02: :cry02: :cry02:

Someone needs to build a bridge and GTF over it already. It's beyond pathetic at this point. Between all the rain and tears it's a surprise that place hasn't been washed out to the Pacific already. :coffee:

steelerdude15
09-12-2011, 09:45 PM
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Isoroku Yamamoto

SteelerEmpire
09-12-2011, 09:49 PM
You better believe these guys are gonna "give us their all" in some sort of revenge game in reaction to Leavy's opening up that city's old wounds here in the recent past. It could be an upset if the Steeler's don't bring it.

polamalubeast
09-12-2011, 09:58 PM
His will be a disaster if we lose Sunday, but his not change the result of 2005.

The Colts were the better team than the Steelers have faced in playoffs in 2005 and it is not even close.

The Seahawks are only able to make the playoffs thanks to a lower division.

With the exception of 2005 and they finished the season with a record of 13-3 with a very easy schedule, they made ​​the playoffs since 1999, 3 times with a record of 9-7,2 times with a record of 10-6 and once with a record of 7-9.

It is shameful that they have had a presence in the super bowl ... the NFC was very weak in 2005.

polamalubeast
09-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Only three seasons more of 10 wins in the last 20 years for the Seahawks, but they made ​​the playoffs seven times.

The last time the Steelers made ​​the playoffs with a record of 9-7 was in 1993 and was on the road!The Seahawks have always had a playoff game a home even if he did not have 10 wins.

Seattle is one of the worst teams on the road.

steelpride12
09-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Remember this is the home opener after a SB loss our fans will be hungry!

Austin87
09-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Get it done, Steelers.

Lambert_Loonie
09-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Every time I think we should win easily were into the 3rd qtr with a slim lead, it seems we never just blow anyone out. I would love to see Batch, and Dixon taking some snaps in the 3rd qtr. If we played on paper we should be up 24-3 @ half but we dont its played on the field if we limit mistakes this game should be well in hand by 3rd qtr.

Steelers 38, Bucs 13 (without Ben and held Tampa to 6 for nearly 58 minutes)
Steelers 35, Raiders 3
Steelers 23, Bengals 7
Steelers 27, Panthers 3
Steelers 41, Browns 9
And that was just last year alone.

Mach1
09-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Steelers 38, Bucs 13 (without Ben and held Tampa to 6 for nearly 58 minutes)

Steelers 35, Raiders 3
Steelers 23, Bengals 7
Steelers 27, Panthers 3
Steelers 41, Browns 9
And that was just last year alone.

Redskins 17 - 13 Loss
Bungals 23 - 20 Loss
Bungals 18 - 12 Loss
Chiefs 27 - 24 Loss
Raiders 27 - 24 Loss
Browns 13 - 6 Loss

As I said before they should win easily but don't count chickens just yet. Any given Sunday.

GodfatherofSoul
09-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Under normal circumstances, I'd be drinking Seahawks fans' tears over Superbowl XL, but we've got no room to gloat right now. I still might go trolling their forums and bring it up closer to game time.

polamalubeast
09-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Redskins 17 - 13 Loss
Bungals 23 - 20 Loss
Bungals 18 - 12 Loss
Chiefs 27 - 24 Loss
Raiders 27 - 24 Loss
Browns 13 - 6 Loss

As I said before they should win easily but don't count chickens just yet. Any given Sunday.

Redskins 17 - 13 Loss(pre-season)
Bungals 23 - 20 Loss(without Polamalu)
Bungals 18 - 12 Loss(without Polamalu)
Chiefs 27 - 24 Loss(without Polamalu)
Raiders 27 - 24 Loss(without Polamalu)
Browns 13 - 6 Loss(without Polamalu)

With Polamalu, the Steelers finished the season with 12-4 It would have never lost the game against the Raiders, Bears, Chiefs and Bengals(september) with Polamalu.

Without Polamalu, the Steelers have a losing record since 2008. It is not a good team right now without Polamalu.(6-8)

And if we lose against the Seahawks, it will not be a good team.

Mach1
09-13-2011, 11:50 AM
:doh: Didn't see the preseason one.

Thats a lot of If's.
Point is there still losses of games we should have won anyways even without Troy.

Dino 6 Rings
09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Remember this is the home opener after a SB loss our fans will be hungry!

Heck, we've had 10 turnovers and 2 losses in our last two games. I hope our PLAYERS are Hungry!

Moose
09-17-2011, 12:37 AM
I sure hope you all that are saying this is going to be 'easy win' are right. I remember, not too long ago, a few games that were 'easy wins' and we ended up losing ALL OF THEM !! Had our backs against the wall the rest of the season. I do agree that as pathetic of a performance as the ratbird game was, the coaches will have the players ready to come out and play our style of football. Now, the question will be whether they play all 4 quarters with intensity, or will they play DOWN to the opponent. The conservative crap ! Will they come out and pour it on, run up the score and keep scoring...then put in some of the back-ups, or will we be fighting for a win all the way to the end ??!! It wouldn't surprise me to see either scenerio....because we all have seen them play that way. It could be a 'sitting on the end of the chair ' game. Damnit. I just don't if the schedule is as easy as everyone says. The next 3 games should determine our players attitude and emotions. Just my opinion. GO STEELER'S !!

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2011, 09:23 AM
There's no such thing as an easy win in the NFL.

Psycho Ward 86
09-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Heck, we've had 10 turnovers and 2 losses in our last two games. I hope our PLAYERS are Hungry!

huh

O'Malley
09-18-2011, 11:50 AM
^this^

Count Steeler
09-18-2011, 11:53 AM

And just when you think there is, you lose.

Dino 6 Rings
09-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Good teams win the games they are supposed to win. 24-0

Exactly what we should of done to the clearly inferior Seahawks