PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' pride takes whipping as Ravens crow

stillers4me
09-12-2011, 04:22 AM
The 46 Steelers who dressed for the game here Sunday afternoon should be listed on the injury report that coach Mike Tomlin puts out Tuesday.

All suffered battered pride in the 35-7 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

Take linebacker James Harrison. He felt old pain in his back from two surgeries in the offseason and new pain in his right knee from what appeared to be a relatively minor injury late in the game. But it was nothing compared with the pain he felt during the long walk out of M&T Bank Stadium to the team bus and on the ride to the airport through jeering Ravens fans who had waited a long time for their team to put such a butt-kicking on the hated Steelers.

"A terrible loss," Harrison called it. "To get beat like a dog ... "

........Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11255/1174095-87-0.stm

Edman
09-12-2011, 11:39 AM
The Ravens acted like it was their Super Bowl, because that is essentially what this game was for them. The Super Bowl. They won convincingly in their first game. Impressive. Let them crow as loud as they can. Because up to this point, they haven't had much to crow about. We won't forget this.

I'm personally glad they got so high on this Week 1 win. We'll see them again, and a lot can change between here and then.

Dino 6 Rings
09-12-2011, 01:57 PM
yep, and everything was in their favor, just the way they begged the NFL to make it.

Home Game, Week 1, a 1pm Kickoff, not a National Game, only regional, and then in a clear sign of Bravado, and Courage, they put the Steelers in their home Jerseys. Oh what Bravery, Oh what toughness by the Ravens.

See them again we will. Harbough is a dumbarse if he thinks for one second the 2 point conversion attempt to "run it up" won't be remembered.

Fck these guys, beating the Steelers is their only Big Victory since 2000, 11 Fcking Years of Falling Short.

Edman
09-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Don't think we'll be hearing much crowing from Baltimore this week after what has transpired. Reality hit them real good yesterday.

Count Steeler
09-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm sure they will still Crow over any Steeler fan. Right now they have the last victory over us. They won't stop until we beat them in Nov, even if we were their only win. And even then, it will be the refs fault.

GutterflowerSteel
09-19-2011, 06:10 PM
They're not crowing a whole lot today :yay3:

NASHVILLE — Joe Flacco rolled right and found no open receiver, so he turned around and ran back to the left side. With no better options there, Flacco headed back to the right and finally threw the ball away just before he was leveled to the ground by Tennessee Titans defensive end Derrick Morgan.

The third-quarter sequence symbolized a painful and discouraging afternoon for the Baltimore Ravens and their fourth-year quarterback.

Flacco threw two interceptions and didn’t build off last week’s mauling of the Pittsburgh Steelers in a 26-13 loss to the Titans at LP Field.

“They beat us by winning in every way you can beat a football team,” Ravens Coach John Harbaugh said. “We didn’t play as well. I don’t have any theory right now. Everybody is going to have a theory and none of them are going to be right. There were a lot of things that were a part of it.” :monkey:

The rest: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2011/09/18/gIQAXEbRdK_story.html

ALLD
09-19-2011, 06:29 PM
My theory is that the Ravens are inconsistant overall. Needless to say they aren't the Browns, but they are not in the same class of the Steelers or top 5 teams either. They are the best of the average teams.