PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin and Ben on loss to Ravens

SteelerEmpire
09-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Post game press conference (video): LINK: http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Steelers-post-game-press-conference/a453d961-4ca4-423f-b640-ece864ec6fd6

---------------------------
Article:

Head Coach Mike Tomlin

(opening Statement) “That’s pretty easy to assess, Ladies and Gentlemen. We got handled...

LINK: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tomlin-on-loss-to-Ravens/3d7335ee-d8d9-40cd-9dbc-503315cddef1

steelpride12
09-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I love hearing the honestly and truthfulness that comes from Tomlin unlike Harbough after a loss. Tomlin straight up admits that the Rats handled us in all 3 phases of the game and we didn't respond. Love his attitude and I know these guys will be ready for next week.

steelerdude15
09-11-2011, 06:47 PM
As I've said about twenty times already, this have better been a wake up call for that team.

stillers4me
09-11-2011, 06:49 PM
No Lombardi's are given out in week one.

Shoes
09-11-2011, 06:53 PM
No Lombardi's are given out in week one.

Exactly...week one and I get the feeling folks are looking for the razor blades!

Edman
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Tomlin telling it like it is. Unlike the Harbitch.

We were beat and beat soundly. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

stillers4me
09-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Tomlin telling it like it is. Unlike the Harbitch.

We were beat and beat soundly. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

That little dick needs to watch Tomlin on how to win with class, and how to lose with class.

polamalubeast
09-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I am confident that the Steelers will play a very good game against Seattle.

Much like they did against the Raiders last year.

I understand a little panic, because we just had the worst game in 5 years. He has nothing positive today.

They do not stop the race.
They were bad against the pass.
7 tunorvers.

polamalubeast
09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is 9-3 in his career against the Ravens.

His three loss, it was by scores,27-0 ,31-7 and 35-7.

steel striker
09-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Well it was a ugly beating but, like mentioned above one week is not the season. That two point conversion was bush league as far as i'm concerned. That was a play that you would expect from Billacheat.

salamander
09-11-2011, 07:18 PM
And you'll never see Tomlin go for the 2pt conversion just to rub it in. That was a dick move by Harbaugh.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah, the sky isnt falling...but everybody thinks that Ben is gonna go 5 wide and throw the ball around for 5000 yards this season. Problem is that he cant do that with his back on the turf. As much as I like the fact that Pouncey and Gilbert were drafted the past 2 years to help improve the line. Doug Legursky and Jon Scott are not quality starting Offensive linemen in the NFL.

tube517
09-11-2011, 08:43 PM
That little dick needs to watch Tomlin on how to win with class, and how to lose with class.

:rofl2:

86WARD
09-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah, the sky isnt falling...but everybody thinks that Ben is gonna go 5 wide and throw the ball around for 5000 yards this season. Problem is that he cant do that with his back on the turf. As much as I like the fact that Pouncey and Gilbert were drafted the past 2 years to help improve the line. Doug Legursky and Jon Scott are not quality starting Offensive linemen in the NFL.

Agree about Scott and Legursky.

Shoes
09-11-2011, 09:30 PM

We could swap positions and put bmac & gay in there... :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
09-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Someone let me know when a team from baltimore beats the Steelers in an elimination game. Thanks.

As for our performance today. The word is "SHAMEFUL" and I will be letting them all know.

That is all

Craic
09-11-2011, 11:00 PM

I don't know. I thought he showed class at the end of the game when they could have punched in for another seven, but instead they ran the ball three times and then kicked a field goal. Something New England has no concept about.

I think that if they didn't take their foot off the accelerator, it would have looked much worse.

Nadroj 20
09-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't know. I thought he showed class at the end of the game when they could have punched in for another seven, but instead they ran the ball three times and then kicked a field goal. Something New England has no concept about.

I think that if they didn't take their foot off the accelerator, it would have looked much worse.

The only reason they did that was because the penalty on Boldins pass interference brought it back. It was only after that they decided to call it quits and I think that is what stiller4me is referring to.

I personally do not have that big a problem with it, I mean it is a big rivalry and it definitely sends a message.

Craic
09-11-2011, 11:20 PM
The only reason they did that was because the penalty on Boldins pass interference brought it back. It was only after that they decided to call it quits and I think that is what stiller4me is referring to.

I personally do not have that big a problem with it, I mean it is a big rivalry and it definitely sends a message.
Go all the way back to the end of hte 3rd quarter.

Run.
Run.
Run.
1st Down. Short pass 4 yards.
Sack.
Incomp. (3rd and 15).

Next one.
Run.
Run. (penalty).
2nd and twenty. Pass.
3rd and twenty. Run.

Next one.

Run.
Run.
3rd and 7. Pass.

Next one.

Pass. TD. brought back. (started at 9).
Run.
Run.
Run.
FG.

That's exactly how the Steelers show class at the end of a game that they've dominated. Run on first and second down, pass on third down unless your got a penalty called and have to eat up yards. The throw? Heck. Take 1 shot at the endzone. Didn't work? Fine. Run. Run. Run.

I think the could have rubbed our nose in it, but they didn't. Our secondary was a joke today. They basically gave up three drives at the end of the game. The way our defense played, there's no reason they couldn't have put up at least 17 points instead of 3 points in those three drives.

IMO, we tip our caps to them. Say, good job, you beat us. Thanks for being classy about it on the score board. See ya in Pittsburgh and we'll return the favor.

Godfather
09-12-2011, 09:04 AM
And you'll never see Tomlin go for the 2pt conversion just to rub it in. That was a dick move by Harbaugh.

I really wish Flacco, Rice, or Boldin had suffered a season ending injury on one of those RUTSie plays. That would have served Harbaugh right, and the Ravens fans would be calling for his head because he threw away the season just to act like a douche.

SteelerFanInStl
09-12-2011, 09:10 AM

After yesterday's game, I'd have to agree. Colon didn't look too good yesterday either.

Dino 6 Rings
09-12-2011, 10:46 AM
I hope they feel Shame and Embarrassment today while watching Film.

Shameful

then, move on, because they can NOT lose this weekend. The Steelers have Never won a Super Bowl after having an Undefeated Season, its not going to happen this year either, so we move on. Sometimes you lose to the good teams on your schedule and still make the playoffs.

This week, There IS NO OPTION for losing to a Team you should Clearly Destroy. Get the taste out of your mouth by Crushing the SeaHawks.

tube517
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
After yesterday's game, I'd have to agree. Colon didn't look too good yesterday either.

Colon had his mandatory False Start. Where's Flozell? :chuckle:

pepsyman1
09-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Doug Legursky and Jon Scott are not quality starting Offensive linemen in the NFL.

I thought Colon looked like crap most of the game...

O'Malley
09-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Flozell where are you?!!!!!!!!!!!...... Colon sucks big time!

Dino 6 Rings
09-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Isn't this the same Ravens team that complained to the NFL that they didn't want to Open up at Pittsburgh and refused to play us on a Monday Night? Isn't this the same Raevns team who a few months ago I said "this is their best chance of winning" because its a 1pm game, at Home, with the Steelers fans not ready to rumble yet at that time of day. And then this Raven's team puts us in the Black Jerseys in a show of "gamesmenship". How pleasant.

So they get a Home, 1pm kickoff, game against their "rival" and then wear their Away jerseys so we have to die in the heat while they fly around in white feeling good about themselves. They chicken out of a Night Game in Heinz field to open the season and insist on a Early Kickoff Day Game in Baltimore in September.

Oh, they are So fcking Brave, Sooooooo effing tough...Oh I quake in fear of their 2 AFC North Titles in 11 Years...

Fck them, they'll get theirs, NO ONE wins the Super Bowl in Week 1.

Steelerschik
09-12-2011, 02:03 PM

Redundant. Man can't lose with dignity and can't win with dignity. Whiniest coach I've ever seen. Can't wait to hear his excuses ONCE AGAIN come November. Class team them there Ravens, but they might as enjoy it while it lasts, they'll be brought back down to earth again in a few months.

Edman
09-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Flozell where are you?!!!!!!!!!!!...... Colon sucks big time!

I hate to root for injuries, but Willie Colon appears to have hurt his arm yesterday. We may see Flozell soon enough.

stillers4me
09-12-2011, 03:19 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/408421355/twitterProfilePhoto_normal.jpgSteelersdepot (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/Steelersdepot)Steelers Depot

Harbaugh defending 4th down call instead of FG. Wanted to be aggressive. Said XP was easy as Steelers were asking for it way lined up.

Count Steeler
09-12-2011, 04:49 PM
I hate to root for injuries, but Willie Colon appears to have hurt his arm yesterday. We may see Flozell soon enough.

Maybe we could use a few more injuries.

Crow-Magnon
09-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Well it was a ugly beating but, like mentioned above one week is not the season. That two point conversion was bush league as far as i'm concerned. That was a play that you would expect from Billacheat.

I have to answer to this.

Last year in the Playoffs, the Ravens made Pittsburgh look like shit in the first half and were up 21-7 (sound familiar?) at the start of the third quarter. Remember the final score? Remember who went to the AFCC?

So instead of being up 28-7, they went for two, to force Pittsburgh into scoring four times, not three. You tell me how many times Baltimore has been up, only to watch Roethlisberger and the Steelers D whittle that lead away into a loss. Rubbing it in? Screw that. It was a nail in the coffin to keep that fricking vampire dead.

Steelerschik
09-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Last year in the Playoffs, the Ravens made Pittsburgh look like shit in the first half and were up 21-7 (sound familiar?) at the start of the third quarter. Remember the final score? Remember who went to the AFCC?

So instead of being up 28-7, they went for two, to force Pittsburgh into scoring four times, not three. You tell me how many times Baltimore has been up, only to watch Roethlisberger and the Steelers D whittle that lead away into a loss. Rubbing it in? Screw that. It was a nail in the coffin to keep that fricking vampire dead.

Ooooh, I like this analogy. Makes perfect sense, vampires come back to life and need blood to sustain it. Now I know for sure the birdies are as good as done, lol.

Edman
09-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Baltimore totally made the Steelers look like shit in the first half of that game, it's not like the Steelers had an opening drive touchdown in that game.

The way the Steelers Offense played Sunday, they couldn't score against a High School Defense. I don't think Harbaugh had much to worry about.