PDA

View Full Version : Source: WR Edwards will NOT face suspension

polamalubeast
06-27-2010, 07:57 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5332152

Source: No ban for Jets' EdwardsEmail Print Comments By Rich Cimini
ESPNNewYork.com
Archive
New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards, who pleaded no contest in January to misdemeanor assault stemming from an incident outside a Cleveland nightclub, will not be suspended by the NFL under its personal-conduct policy, a league source told ESPNNewYork.com on Saturday.

It had been widely speculated that Edwards would receive at least a one-game ban for punching a man, an acquaintance of NBA star LeBron James, last October when Edwards was a member of the Cleveland Browns. Instead of a suspension, it's believed that Edwards will be fined an undisclosed amount by the league.

[+] EnlargeTony Kurdzuk/The Star Ledger/US Presswire
The Jets will have Braylon Edwards in uniform Sept. 13 at the new Meadowlands.This is important news for the Jets, who had been bracing for the possibility of being without two receivers for the season opener against the Baltimore Ravens. They already know they won't have Santonio Holmes, who faces a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. The Jets were aware of the pending suspension when they acquired Holmes from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It also means the Jets probably won't try to sign veteran free agent Laveranues Coles, who was released by the Cincinnati Bengals. They had been showing some interest in Coles as a potential insurance policy.

During the Jets' playoff run in January, Edwards flew to Cleveland for a court appearance. He pleaded no contest to aggravated disorderly conduct. He received probation, a suspended 180-day jail sentence and a $1,000 fine.

After the plea, Edwards said he was hopeful that he'd avoid a suspension, claiming it was his first brush with the law.

Edwards, who was traded by the Browns a few days after the incident, finished with 35 catches for 541 yards and four touchdowns in 12 games with the Jets. They retained Edwards, a restricted free agent, by signing him to a one-year contract for his tender amount -- $6.1 million.

Insisting that he'd like to sign a long-term deal with the Jets, Edwards was an offseason star during the team's conditioning program. Coach Rex Ryan named Edwards as one of the most impressive players in the offseason.

Rich Cimini covers the Jets for ESPNNewYork.com. Follow him on Twitter.

st33lersguy
06-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Braylon Edwards doesn't get suspended for something proven but Ben gets suspended for being accused of something? Hey Goodell Braylon doesn't play for the patriots

kielbasasteeler
06-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Braylon Edwards doesn't get suspended for something proven but Ben gets suspended for being accused of something? Hey Goodell Braylon doesn't play for the patriots

One was for rape, the other was for a punch.

Id rather have assaulters than rapists active in the league***

*** proven or not.

BuddhaBus
06-27-2010, 11:04 AM

*** proven or not.

When did Ben get convicted of rape? This is some breaking news! :sarcasm2: Ben has never even been charged with a crime. Yes, he made some exceedingly poor decisions and seems to be somewhat of an ass to women, but there has been NO solid proof of any sexual assault OR rape. There is actual proof of Edwards' transgression... and no suspension. Goodell becomes more and more of a joke each day with his double standards and nonsensical/uneven punishments. WTF!!!! I CRY SHENANIGANS!!!!! :rant: :upyours: :bs: :frusty:

kielbasasteeler
06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
When did Ben get convicted of rape? This is some breaking news! :sarcasm2: Ben has never even been charged with a crime. Yes, he made some exceedingly poor decisions and seems to be somewhat of an ass to women, but there has been NO solid proof of any sexual assault OR rape. There is actual proof of Edwards' transgression... and no suspension. Goodell becomes more and more of a joke each day with his double standards and nonsensical/uneven punishments. WTF!!!! I CRY SHENANIGANS!!!!! :rant: :upyours: :bs: :frusty:

I did say proven or NOT. read first then reply.

Nobody knows if Ben Raped the girl, only on guesses. Only did the english find out that after a million years did the military do something wrong the other day (or didn't in public shootings).

I for one would rather have an accused assaulter in my league than an accused rapist.

Alot of NFL Players are in fights, not alot rape. Especially a second scenario...

Anyway it will give us an opportunity for a nice mid range draft pick again.

steelerdude15
06-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Go figure, maybe Goodell hates the Steelers.

ALLD
06-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Edwards has better hands than Sweed, but he is more name than player.

SteelCityMom
06-27-2010, 11:29 AM

Nobody knows if Ben Raped the girl, only on guesses. Only did the english find out that after a million years did the military do something wrong the other day (or didn't in public shootings).

I for one would rather have an accused assaulter in my league than an accused rapist.

Alot of NFL Players are in fights, not alot rape. Especially a second scenario...

Hey, think of it this way...not even the girl was sure if she was raped or not. She was asked a few times and once she said no, once she said I'm not sure, and once she said yes I think so.

BigNastyDefense
06-27-2010, 11:56 AM

That was a horrible analogy. The shooters of the English army on that day KNEW they were doing something illegal.

And btw, when a girl says "I don't know if I was raped", then she wasn't raped. There's no "kind of". You either had consensual sex with someone or you didn't, it's a rather cut and dry. And the fact that the DA didn't even want to match DNA inside her to Ben Roethlisberger seems kind of fishy to me anyhow. If they could match it, then that would prove beyond a reasonable doubt that sex did occur between the two that night, strengthening the case for rape.

So you're in the same camp as Roger Goodell, that an accusation is enough for a player to have a suspension, or in your case blackballed by the league.

Well, for your sake I hope your employer doesn't feel the same way. Otherwise if someone were to ever accuse you of something you didn't do....you'd be out of a job and never given another one.

kielbasasteeler
06-27-2010, 12:35 PM
That was a horrible analogy. The shooters of the English army on that day KNEW they were doing something illegal.

And btw, when a girl says "I don't know if I was raped", then she wasn't raped. There's no "kind of". You either had consensual sex with someone or you didn't, it's a rather cut and dry. And the fact that the DA didn't even want to match DNA inside her to Ben Roethlisberger seems kind of fishy to me anyhow. If they could match it, then that would prove beyond a reasonable doubt that sex did occur between the two that night, strengthening the case for rape.

So you're in the same camp as Roger Goodell, that an accusation is enough for a player to have a suspension, or in your case blackballed by the league.

Well, for your sake I hope your employer doesn't feel the same way. Otherwise if someone were to ever accuse you of something you didn't do....you'd be out of a job and never given another one.

that wasnt a horrible analogy, quit crying over our quarteback

how about he got COLLEGE girls drunk. what the hell is he doing around college girls his age, he should be dating girls of celebrity status or love life, not college girls that are easy to have sex with....

i find it funny his bodyguard also was suspicious that night. i would say he did it that night but she wanted to but half way through i bed she didnt like ben backing that thing up

cry cry our quarterbacks suspended, were going to lose a few games oh my life is over... completley...

pacman isnt suspended today.... UNFAIR TOTALLY!!!

Nadroj 20
06-27-2010, 12:44 PM
that wasnt a horrible analogy, quit crying over our quarteback

how about he got COLLEGE girls drunk. what the hell is he doing around college girls his age, he should be dating girls of celebrity status or love life, not college girls that are easy to have sex with....

i find it funny his bodyguard also was suspicious that night. i would say he did it that night but she wanted to but half way through i bed she didnt like ben backing that thing up

cry cry our quarterbacks suspended, were going to lose a few games oh my life is over... completley...

pacman isnt suspended today.... UNFAIR TOTALLY!!!

I do not think you understand. What you say where I bolded in your post is true. I feel it is safe to say that nobody and i mean NOBODY on this board thinks that Bens actions are defendable, he made bad choices and should not have put himself in poor situations. What we ARE saying is that without being convicted of anything, the suspension he recieved is completely bull.

Im not sure what you are meaning by the whole quit defending Ben thing and how we are going to get a good draft pick? You are already saying that the season is over basically?

Anyway, we are not defending his actions, we just do not agree with a 4-6 game suspension when somone has never been charged with a thing.

xX-TSK-Xx
06-27-2010, 02:33 PM

Hey, Ben didn't force that girl to go to a club that night and it was her choice whether to drink or not. I'm sure the girl was drinking before she met Ben in that club. What is he supposed to do? Ask evryone in the bar there age?

kielbasasteeler
06-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Haha please dont get offended by me still being angry at Ben, It is my opinion, i respect other opinions but also the dude most likely deserved the smack from braylon...

Hopefully Ben put's this behind us because he has 3 more super bowls to win according to his target.

Texasteel
06-27-2010, 04:34 PM

*** proven or not.

We probably should throw everyone in jail that just might have stolen something..... proven or not.

xX-TSK-Xx
06-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Haha please dont get offended by me still being angry at Ben, It is my opinion, i respect other opinions but also the dude most likely deserved the smack from braylon...

Hopefully Ben put's this behind us because he has 3 more super bowls to win according to his target.

Believe me, I get where your comming from. I'm still mad that our starting quarterback is going to be on the bench for atleast the first four weeks. I just feel, like many others, Goodell is setting multiple double standards by suspending Ben and giving others a slap on the wrist. Do I think Ben should have been diciplined? Hell yes. It was the second accusation and the whole thing was getting out of hand. Still, I feel Goodell's punishment was to harsh. Two games probably would have got the point across.

kielbasasteeler
06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
@xX-TSK-Xx (http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/member.php?116-xX-TSK-Xx)

Yeah i can see where your coming from, I'm still furious at how stupid that idiot is, im going to give him a second chance... I still would of suspended him a season and banned stallworth for life.

Sorry to the others if i sounded like an ass earlier i'm just not happy with ben at the moment.

Texasteel
06-27-2010, 07:05 PM
We all sound like an ass sometime. Particularly when we get mad.

BigNastyDefense
06-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey man, I understand where you're coming from. I'm pissed that Ben made the stupid decisions that he did. However, I also believe that he did nothing illegal. Stupid isn't illegal, if it was 80% of this country would be incarcerated.

I think a four to six game suspension is complete bull. Mike Vick got less than that for a felony. I don't count his time spend in prison as time suspended, he couldn't play football during that time anyhow.

Also, Roger Goodell has set a bad precedent. So now all it takes is an accusation to possibly miss six games of a season? That's just as much bull IMHO.

kielbasasteeler
06-28-2010, 04:22 AM
A great article you guys will enjoy. An interesting read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/409221-the-hypocrisy-that-is-roger-goodell-and-the-nfl-player-conduct-policy

steeldawg
06-28-2010, 05:33 AM
"I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

• "Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare."

• "I believe it is essential that you take full advantage of the resources available to you. My ultimate disposition in this matter will be influenced by the extent to which you do so, what you learn as a result, and a demonstrated commitment to making positive change in your life."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10112/1052457-66.stm#ixzz0s8su0nwV

This was part of the letter outlining Bens suspension from the comish. Ithink its funny because ben was not suspended for the alleged assualt but for his conduct in milidgeville. So take away assault allegations and what do you have? A guy at a bar celebrating his birthday and he gets a 6 game suspension. I guess all these other players who were convicted of crimes were displaying behavior that was admirable and in line with the NFL's beliefs.

Butch
06-28-2010, 06:36 AM
This doesn't surprise me. He slaps the cheats on the wrist for their actions and burns the tapes then comes down like a ton of bricks on Ben just because. He will use some flimsy argument to justify his means but he can not plausibly deny he is biased and in MHO a poor excuse of a commissioner.

Texasteel
06-28-2010, 07:15 AM
This doesn't surprise me. He slaps the cheats on the wrist for their actions and burns the tapes then comes down like a ton of bricks on Ben just because. He will use some flimsy argument to justify his means but he can not plausibly deny he is biased and in MHO a poor excuse of a commissioner.

I have to disagree with you when I think you are wrong my friend. HE IS A PISS POOR EXCUSE.

If he were on fire I wouldn't stomp it out, unless I was wearing baseball cleats.

kielbasasteeler
06-28-2010, 09:36 AM
I still dont like how goodell eliminated the patriots first round pick but still let them trade for one.

the commisioner is a pile of wank

HometownGal
06-28-2010, 10:04 AM
I still dont like how goodell eliminated the patriots first round pick but still let them trade for one.

the commisioner is a pile of wank

He has shown himself to be extremely biased who picks and chooses who he is going to make examples out of. This is definitely not what an NFL Commish should be.

vasteeler
06-28-2010, 10:26 AM
ive said it before and ill say it again

art II needs to be in goodell's ear every day asking "what the ****"

Wallace108
06-28-2010, 10:26 AM
He has shown himself to be extremely biased who picks and chooses who he is going to make examples out of. This is definitely not what an NFL Commish should be.

I do believe this proves your point :wtf:

http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?988-Goodell-Young-suspension-unlikely

Goodell said (Vince) Young, a first-time legal offender who received a misdemeanor citation for assault, was unlikely to be suspended, as he is a first-time legal offender, according to the report.

Craic
06-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Oh geez people.

Once again. Simple math.

Braylon Edwards. 1 simple assault charge-- 1 PUNCH.

Roethisberger. 2nd accusation of RAPE.

2 > 1.

And every one of you knows that there is a very big difference between reality, and the legal system.

I swear, I am getting more and more confused about whether this is a Seattle fanbase or a Pittsburgh fanbase.

steeldawg
06-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Ben no assault charge no legal offenses 6 game suspension. Vince young Braylon edwards each with an assault charge no suspension. Ya did the math and it still dont add up.

X-Terminator
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh geez people.

Once again. Simple math.

2 > 1.

And every one of you knows that there is a very big difference between reality, and the legal system.

I swear, I am getting more and more confused about whether this is a Seattle fanbase or a Pittsburgh fanbase.

Ah, but you see, there is a difference...one that you seem to be selectively overlooking:

Edwards, and Young, were charged with crimes.

Ben was NOT.

Guess which one got suspended?

Yes, they were serious accusations, but the fact of the matter is that NO CHARGES WERE PRESSED.

Please tell me you see the point, or the slippery slope that they're headed down. Once you start suspending players for accusations, then all it takes is one jilted woman or gold digger, and BAM! Their lives and reputations are ruined.

Butch
06-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh geez people.

Once again. Simple math.

2 > 1.

Sounds like you subscribe to bush's fuzzy math theory's 2 unfounded and yet to be proven accusations vs those who have been caught red handed. Yeah 2 is greater than 1. Nobody would ever claim rape if it didn't happen...funny how her story changed so much they couldn't proceed against Ben.

As for the legal system it may not be perfect but it's a helluva lot better than some if not most countries have.

Craic
06-29-2010, 05:06 AM
I understand that Ben was not charged.

However, my point of view is quite different from most of yours, simply because I understand somewhat what it is to live under a microscope (in someways, much greater than they do, in some ways, much MUCH less than they do).

It is quite simple. Ben is absolutely guilty of putting himself in two different situations which someone could legitimately claim rape. Whether it actually happened, is completely beside the point. WHen you are talking reputation, it is ONLY the claim that matters. Unfair? Absolutely. That is why I will NEVER be seen in a car with any woman that is not my wife or mother, unless other men are in the car as well-anywhere in town. That is why if a female wants to talk to me and there is no one else at the church, I tell them to meet me at a coffee shop, and we sit outdoors. That is why I never hug women my age, except in the rare cases, and then, only a "side hug". Why? Because it only takes an accusation. Ben knew that. IT happened once, and he was too stupid to keep himself out of a situation for it to happen again.

Legality has nothing to do with it. It is all reputation, because the NFL has an image to sell. That image is NOT damaged by a guy hitting another guy outside a bar 1/100th as much as it is damaged by a twice accused rapist (Regardless of whether he did it or not).

Once again, it isn't about the truth, it is about the reputation. It isn't about legality, its about reputation. If Ben is a CEO of company- he is forced out. If he is a cop, he is fired. Reputation.

That is what I mean... 2 is greater than 1.

And the instant he was accused the first time, half the world thought he did it, the other half thought he didn't. The second time... the half that thought he didn't.... probably got cut in half again. Yeah, it was high time he was suspended. If nothing else, to wake HIM up in order to grow up.

Now, hopefully, we have a QB that has come back to his senses a bit. Just in time for the second half of his career to outshine the first half. Maybe even the second 2/3rds. And that is saying something, because on the football field itself, Ben has had quite a career already. Not HOF yet, but has struck the course and is on the way if he continues.

Butch
06-29-2010, 05:56 AM
1st off if he is a CEO he is not fired he is given a raise and a bonus to his retirement fund. JK I just couldn't resist.

Yes the NFL has a reputation to uphold that is why Good Hell suspended Belicheat for spygate and quickly burned the evidence alla "Let me make this perfectly clear" Dick Nixon. He came down real hard on Donte Stallworth who killed a man driving drunk and tried to pin blame on the guy at 1st although he later changed his tune. If that was you or me we would not only be fired but would have one helluva time getting another job. I like most others here believe Ben needed some suspension time but 4 to 6, when there is so much else that could be just as bad if not worse, is rediculous.

Good Hell reminds me of a song by Megadeath "You take a mortal man and put him in control, once he becomes a God heads are gonna roll. Just like the pied piper led rats through the streets. Dance like a marionette swaying to the symphony of destruction."

Craic
06-29-2010, 03:42 PM
1st off if he is a CEO he is not fired he is given a raise and a bonus to his retirement fund. JK I just couldn't resist.

Yes the NFL has a reputation to uphold that is why Good Hell suspended Belicheat for spygate and quickly burned the evidence alla "Let me make this perfectly clear" Dick Nixon. He came down real hard on Donte Stallworth who killed a man driving drunk and tried to pin blame on the guy at 1st although he later changed his tune. If that was you or me we would not only be fired but would have one helluva time getting another job. I like most others here believe Ben needed some suspension time but 4 to 6, when there is so much else that could be just as bad if not worse, is ridiculous.

Good Hell reminds me of a song by Megadeath "You take a mortal man and put him in control, once he becomes a God heads are gonna roll. Just like the pied piper led rats through the streets. Dance like a marionette swaying to the symphony of destruction."

I think 4 is absolutely appropriate. ANd truth be told, that is exactly what I think he is going to sit-4 games.

As far as Good-deal himself making the choices, I completely agree with you. I think there should be a Discipline Committee that meets and makes decisions. That committee should be made up of former players and former coaches. All discipline should be referred to them from Good-deal, and they should hand out discipline via a broad, but firm guide (i.e. 2-6 games for this, 1-3 games for that, year to 3 year suspension for this, etc etc). No one man should be able to determine discipline, the wisdom of two is 4 times the wisdom of one.

fansince'76
06-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Yes the NFL has a reputation to uphold that is why Good Hell suspended Belicheat for spygate and quickly burned the evidence alla "Let me make this perfectly clear" Dick Nixon.

He didn't suspend Belicheat. He levied a $500,000 fine against him, which in light of his $4+ million salary at the time, was a slap on the wrist. He suspended Wade Wilson (Dallas' QB coach) for 5 games, however, for using HGH for his diabetes (and without distributing it to any players) earlier in the same season.

Craic
06-29-2010, 05:18 PM
He didn't suspend Belicheat. He levied a $500,000 fine against him, which in light of his $4+ million salary at the time, was a slap on the wrist. He suspended Wade Wilson (Dallas' QB coach) for 5 games, however, for using HGH for his diabetes (and without distributing it to any players) earlier in the same season.

Which is exactly why I think a discipline committee of former players and coaches should be in charge of handing out fines and suspensions. Furthermore, make them wait 10 years before they can be on the committee. Heck, even restrict it to HOF players and coaches, so that they have even a better sense of the honor of the game from that perspective.

BigNastyDefense
06-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Heck, I wouldn't be so upset with Goodell doling out the punishments of they went to an independent arbitrator if the player chose to appeal. Instead all appeals go right back to the desk of Goodell, and I don't see him changing his mind because the player doesn't like it.

Shea
06-29-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm with Preacher on this topic.

I thought it was just me, but it's nice to see someone else understand why what happened to Ben was justified.

Sadly, most posters are more pissed at Goodell here then they are at Ben. It baffles me.

Nadroj 20
06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Im sorry but it baffles me for people not to understand where we are coming from

steeldawg
06-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Being at a bar drinking and having sex is not grounds for a 6 game suspension if that was the case most of the league would be suspended. He might as well suspend willie colon too he was there. I dont see any justification because goodell said himself he was not suspending ben for the allegations and he agreed with the da's ruling. So if you take the allegations out of the equation your suspending the guy for being in a bar.

Shea
06-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Im sorry but it baffles me for people not to understand where we are coming from

Looks like we're just a baffled mess around here, eh?

Being at a bar drinking and having sex is not grounds for a 6 game suspension if that was the case most of the league would be suspended. He might as well suspend willie colon too he was there. I dont see any justification because goodell said himself he was not suspending ben for the allegations and he agreed with the da's ruling. So if you take the allegations out of the equation your suspending the guy for being in a bar.

Really? :huh:

steeldawg
06-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Looks like we're just a baffled mess around here, eh?

Really? :huh:

Ya really

steeldawg
06-29-2010, 10:27 PM
really

BigNastyDefense
06-30-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm with Preacher on this topic.

I thought it was just me, but it's nice to see someone else understand why what happened to Ben was justified.

Sadly, most posters are more pissed at Goodell here then they are at Ben. It baffles me.

I feel that Ben deserved a suspension. No more than four games and no less than two. But the chance of six games or even more without ever even having been handcuffed? That's what I think is outrageous. Ben Roethlisberger acted irresponsibly and put himself in a bad situation. He hurt his image, the image of the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the image of the National Football League. I understand that, and I think that most of the people on this board do too.

However, I think Goodell should have stepped back and let Art Rooney suspend Ben Roethlisberger. The NFL is not a single entity, it is made up of 32 separate entities as the Supreme Court recently ruled. I still think Goodell had some type of agenda with the suspension of Big Ben. I think it would of helped his image if he would have let Art Rooney be the one to suspend Ben Roethlisberger for four games.

NCSteeler
06-30-2010, 04:00 AM
Not pissed at Jolly Roger for suspending Ben, pissed at him for not being even handed with all the players. If a second ACCUSATION is grounds for 4-6 suspension, then certainly a guilty verdict/plea deal of anything is worth 1-2 games . You watch now that Benson has been arrested for assualt too, he'll (Jolly Roger) be getting tired of this crap and Benson will draw the "The rest of you better watch out" suspension.

steeldawg
06-30-2010, 07:51 AM
ii keep reading everyone saying ben should be suspend for putting himself in bad situations can someone explain to me what situation he put himself in.

Craic
07-01-2010, 02:03 AM
ii keep reading everyone saying ben should be suspend for putting himself in bad situations can someone explain to me what situation he put himself in.

Simple.

A situation where two different women at two different times can accuse Ben of rape--and the charges aren't so ludicrous that a judge literally throws them out of court.

When you take on certain roles in life, you have to be aware of those situations. Like I said before, I do it everyday. I make simple choices that keep me out of trouble-even though there are people who literally want to see me discredited and removed (very typical for any pastor. I am no different than anyone else in this profession. And yes, if asked, I would be able to name names of some who would want to see that). That means, that I ALWAYS have to make sure I am doing things in a way that cannot be perceived as bad.

Sorry, but alone, in a bathroom, with a 20 year old drunk girl, is a bad situation. Its her word against yours---and she's drunk, which in some places, is coming to be viewed automatically as rape (Don't think it is true in the states yet, but nonetheless, it is coming... and I am not sure I agree with that... but it is). And when you are a 100 million dollar start QB with a nationally publicized rape charge (civil) already against you... THAT IS A BAD SITUATION.

Heck.. Have a camera with you. Take a video camera and turn it on. Make a film. buy a vault and store em all in there. But he left himself completely exposed (no pun intended). For that, regardless of anything else, he is a complete idiot.

Like I said, hopefully, he had learned his lesson and this is the end of it. Because I am seriously coming to believe that ON the football field, his career trajectory now, if he plays another 6-8 years, will put him in the HOF- if he doesn't screw it up.

NCSteeler
07-01-2010, 03:12 AM
Simple.

A situation where two different women at two different times can accuse Ben of rape--and the charges aren't so ludicrous that a judge literally throws them out of court.

When you take on certain roles in life, you have to be aware of those situations. Like I said before, I do it everyday. I make simple choices that keep me out of trouble-even though there are people who literally want to see me discredited and removed (very typical for any pastor. I am no different than anyone else in this profession. And yes, if asked, I would be able to name names of some who would want to see that). That means, that I ALWAYS have to make sure I am doing things in a way that cannot be perceived as bad.

Sorry, but alone, in a bathroom, with a 20 year old drunk girl, is a bad situation. Its her word against yours---and she's drunk, which in some places, is coming to be viewed automatically as rape (Don't think it is true in the states yet, but nonetheless, it is coming... and I am not sure I agree with that... but it is). And when you are a 100 million dollar start QB with a nationally publicized rape charge (civil) already against you... THAT IS A BAD SITUATION.

Heck.. Have a camera with you. Take a video camera and turn it on. Make a film. buy a vault and store em all in there. But he left himself completely exposed (no pun intended). For that, regardless of anything else, he is a complete idiot.

Like I said, hopefully, he had learned his lesson and this is the end of it. Because I am seriously coming to believe that ON the football field, his career trajectory now, if he plays another 6-8 years, will put him in the HOF- if he doesn't screw it up.

Two times, Really? Ben completely screwed up with the Ga thing. But having consensual sex with a 30plus year old in a hotel is far from putting yourself "in a situation". Even little vegas ho bag's friends think she is a loon. The commish should take that into consideration too.

NCSteeler
07-01-2010, 03:13 AM
Simple.

Two times, Really? Ben completely screwed up with the Ga thing. But having consensual sex with a 30plus year old in a hotel is far from putting yourself "in a situation". Even little vegas ho bag's friends think she is a loon. The commish should take that into consideration too.

Nadroj 20
07-01-2010, 09:29 AM

2nd time is worse because of the first. Whether he did anything wrong the first time or not, he was still accused of rape. So if you get yourself accused a 2nd time, you are doing something wrong.