PDA

View Full Version : Last year: Pats* 45 Jets 3

steeldevil
09-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Remember this game? Remember what happened in the playoffs?

It is no where near over for us guys. It really is just 1 loss. Got 15 more to make up for it.

Edman
09-11-2011, 02:15 PM
We all know that by now. Sucks to lose like this, but sometimes it's just not your day. Checkmate to Baltimore. They wanted to prove a point today that they could beat Ben Roethlisberger, and it looks like they did. Now they have to do it again, and in a bigger game where the stakes are higher. Baltimore better not put too much stock in this, though they probably will.

Now as Baltimore is preparing to celebrate their Super Bowl title, we'll be getting ready for Seattle in the home opener. A long way to go, folks. Hopefully the Steelers will step out of "preseason mode" by next week.

suitanim
09-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Falcons getting killed too. This is one game.

One.

Game.

We'll be okay as long as the Steelers take this game, put it in their back pocket, and feed their anger all year over it, culminating in destroying the filthrats when it actually matters.

polamalubeast
09-11-2011, 02:57 PM
It's very embarrassing.

Godfather
09-11-2011, 03:08 PM
51-0.

Week 1 in 1989...we still won a playoff game that year. And that was with a much worse QB.

Edman
09-11-2011, 03:10 PM
51-0.

Week 1 in 1989...we still won a playoff game that year. And that was with a much worse QB.

51-0 at home no less. Came back and beat that very same team (The Browns) later that year.

At the end of the day, the Steelers lost their first game. They are 0-1. They are 0-1 even if the score was 55-0, 17-13, or 6-3. They have no choice but to put this loss behind them and move on. Still a long way to go. Sack it up and get ready for the Seahawks.

steeldevil
09-11-2011, 03:13 PM
We are 0-1. We would be 0-1 if the score was 35-7, 99-0, or 3-2....

We have too much of a veteran group to let this affect the rest of the season IMO.

steelerdude15
09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
This better be a huge wake up call for them.

Godfather
09-11-2011, 03:36 PM
We are 0-1. We would be 0-1 if the score was 35-7, 99-0, or 3-2....

True, but looking that bad is what has the fans concerned.

Shoes
09-11-2011, 03:52 PM
It's very embarrassing.

That's a good thing!

steelerdude15
09-11-2011, 03:55 PM
It's very embarrassing.

As long as this pumps them up and get ready for real Steelers football.

stillers4me
09-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Look on the bright side. The pressure to 16-0 is gone. :chuckle:

Looks like we're under the radar again. Our defense is too old. :coffee:

steelerdude15
09-11-2011, 04:00 PM

I want to stay under the radar. That's the way i like it.

polamalubeast
09-11-2011, 04:04 PM
after the game vs pats last year

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/4182-Its-starting-to-look-like-last-year-all-over-again.....

steelerdude15
09-11-2011, 04:06 PM
after the game vs pats last year

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/4182-Its-starting-to-look-like-last-year-all-over-again.....

Reading that thread makes me feel a little bit better, thanks for sharing it with us. One game down, fifteen more to go.

NCSteeler
09-12-2011, 12:31 AM

You thought they looked young and playing with lots of energy today? Seriously they looked old , tired and slow. Will we win a bunch of games because of them, absolutely, but don't tell me they didn't look old today. Big thing for me is I thought a lot of veterans would play better without the practices it takes to get a young team going.

35 to 7
09-12-2011, 05:24 AM
the Ravens just have the better team right now, I could see you guys winning in Pittsburgh but not a blow out

are secondary is clearly better. Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith both big physical and fast

our running game is far more superior as Mendenhall is over rated

our OL looked great

are front 3 and 4 men are better and younger

QB is your true advantage AT THIS POINT

Flacco looks like hes really calmed down and played great

suitanim
09-12-2011, 05:25 AM
It was one game.

Rats are still the trailer trash of the NFL.

You're simply proving that.

stillers4me
09-12-2011, 05:41 AM
the Ravens just have the better team right now, I could see you guys winning in Pittsburgh but not a blow out

are secondary is clearly better. Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith both big physical and fast

our OL looked great

Correction...the ravens were the better team yesterday.

Let's play 15 more games. Maybe the Ravens will come out on top this year. Or maybe not.

35 to 7
09-12-2011, 05:55 AM
as I said RIGHT NOW so you actually didnt correct anything, but nice try lol depending on injuries and other factors things can change obviously.

but what I said was in fact the truth. The Ravens played a great overall game and our DC is looking like he's going to be something special.

Dickson and Pitta will be a TE combo to reckon with for the next few years

Times change, just look at the Pats and the Colts rivalry over the years and how it shifted with Indy after the Pats won like 7 straight games

and if your OL plays like it did against us in NOV, our DC will make you guys pay.

Bluecoat96
09-12-2011, 05:57 AM

our OL looked great

sniff...sniff....anyone smell it? Smells like..

:troll:
Troll

35 to 7
09-12-2011, 06:01 AM
looks like a teenager just posted? Where did I bash or say anything disrespectful as I said, it's all facts and just saying how I feel and I'm proud of our team and the way they played.

I could've came in and said the Steelers sucked or something childish like your post but I refrained from doing so

NEXT?

Steelerschik
09-12-2011, 06:11 AM
looks like a teenager just posted? Where did I bash or say anything disrespectful as I said, it's all facts and just saying how I feel and I'm proud of our team and the way they played.

I could've came in and said the Steelers sucked or something childish like your post but I refrained from doing so

NEXT?

Truth is the Steelers did suck....yesterday. Do I think that will continue, absolutely not. Do I think the Ravens will win in November, absolutely not. Doesn't mean they can't, just means I don't see it happening. The Ravens won a regular season game, one they were clearly up for. This was one of the worst games I seen the Steelers play in a very long time. Seven TOs aren't going to win a game. The Ravens were better yesterday, they haven't beat the Steelers when it matters. It gets a little old when posters from other teams only show up after they win...especially after they haven't won anything significant in a very long time. Congrats on the win, the better team YESTERDAY won. No excuses, unlike the Ravens coach likes to make. Now I just gave the Ravens more respect and credit than Harbaugh ever has ever given the Steelers.

suitanim
09-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Typical Baltimoron....

http://0.tqn.com/d/prowrestling/1/7/m/Q/-/-/ODB.jpg

salamander
09-12-2011, 06:47 AM

NEXT?

You're on a Steelers message board, what would you expect?

Bluecoat96
09-12-2011, 06:50 AM

NEXT?

I'm sorry, but when you choose a name like 35 to 7 as your screen name, you, IMHO, are clearing trying to bait Steelers fans into something. Classic trolling. As for your comment referring to stating "facts," you are right....for yesterday ONLY. (except for Ngata....he's a MONSTER) Otherwise, it's your opinion you're stating. As far as being a teenager, I wish. At least then I could eat whatever I want, and not wake up in the morning feeling old and injured. :)

zulater
09-12-2011, 07:14 AM

NEXT?

Had you come to the board before a big win, like Crowmagnom, perhaps you'd be afforded some respect. But since you couldn't manage to find us all offseason, and don't bother to show up until after a big win, basically you come off as doing nothing more than gloating and rubbing our noses in it. Simply put you haven't earned the chops to do that here. So bug off.

polamalubeast
09-12-2011, 08:19 AM

NEXT?

31-24

siss
09-12-2011, 08:40 AM
They may have won the battle...but they didn't win the war. We will be just fine. This reminds me of the Cinci game back in 06 when they were all hell bent on beating us at home and they did...but we ended up keeping them out of the playoffs in a down year. If the sky is falling after the first week for you, than perhaps you should jump off the band wagon. I like it when there aren't a lot of people on the band wagon...more room for me to do yoga! Go Steelers and Ben is still my franchise QB!

And further more...we are the Ravens Super Bowl...but they don't hand out Lombardi's in week one. So they can celebrate their week one victory over us...but we will still be there at the end of the season ready for a run to the Super Bowl. And remember the Steelers going into season dream about the Lombardi. The Ravens go into the season dreaming of beating the Steelers thats why its 6>1 in the Lombardi department.

polamalubeast
09-12-2011, 08:46 AM
My dream would be that the Steelers lose two regular-season game against the Ravens but the Steelers beat them in playoffs AT Baltimore.

steelerdude15
09-12-2011, 09:16 AM
My dream would be that the Steelers lose two regular-season game against the Ravens but the Steelers beat them in playoffs AT Baltimore.

My dream is for the Steelers to beat sweep the Ravens and then beat them in the playoffs, o wait, already happened.