PDA

View Full Version : Suggs says he’ll take a fine to get a “good shot” on a quarterback

stillers4me
09-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2237/terrell-suggs) didn’t talk only about his team’s rivalry with the Steelers during Friday’s appearance on The Jim Rome Show. Suggs also discussed the issue of hits on quarterbacks and the fines that often flow therefrom.

And Suggs said he’s fine with being fined............

Read more @ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/10/suggs-says-hell-take-a-fine-to-get-a-good-shot-on-a-quarterback/related/

stillers4me
09-10-2011, 09:15 AM
James Harrison will get a $50,000 fine and a 2 week suspension for Suggs statement.

Steeltreal
09-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Hines Ward just put a bounty on Terrell Suggs

stillers4me
09-10-2011, 10:02 AM
James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley wholeheartedly agree with him.

BigNastyDefense
09-10-2011, 10:59 AM
I am on the fence about this.

While I think quarterbacks are overprotected in this league, and they only overprotect specific guys....it's not worth the flag that will possibly come with the fine for a "good hit."

And Harbaugh....I thought your guys "got it." Guess not, douchebag.

Edman
09-10-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't quite have a problem with Suggs' mentality and what he said. It's not that QB's are overprotected, it the selective overprotection. Some are more protected than others.

Randy06
09-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Bring it on, I don't care what that ugly deush says.

SteelerEmpire
09-10-2011, 11:30 AM
If you can't beat em, either "cheat um"... like the pats. Or cheap shot em, like the ravens and raiders.

86WARD
09-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm good with that...as long as it's not a cheap shot.

Count Steeler
09-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Actually I would love to see Suggs get a fine. That way we will finally see what kind of hit is required on Ben to get a fine. I bet Suggs would not even be flagged on the play.

ALLD
09-10-2011, 12:21 PM
The only problem is that nobody ever gets fined for hitting BB or even breaking his nose.

JayC
09-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Suggs / Suh / etc say it and the response is they are just hard hitters with a mean streak that you want on your defense
Steeler says it and the national response is: He is a piece of shit dirty player

zulater
09-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Suggs would have made a great Steeler. I've got no problem with what he said.

tube517
09-10-2011, 02:02 PM
T Sizzle's statements are fine w/me. Too bad he plays for the Ratbirds.

“Quarterbacks get hit,” Suggs said. “You don’t want to get hit, play defense, play something else. Go punt the ball.”

That was aimed at you, Marsha.

fansince'76
09-10-2011, 09:30 PM
I am on the fence about this.

While I think quarterbacks are overprotected in this league, and they only overprotect specific guys....it's not worth the flag that will possibly come with the fine for a "good hit."

And Harbaugh....I thought your guys "got it." Guess not, douchebag.

Not only that, but a MUCH bigger deal would be made out of this had Harrison said it.

Nadroj 20
09-10-2011, 09:35 PM
What does a "good shot" actually mean though? A shot that would have been perfectly legal 5 years ago? Because then I have no problem with the statement.

However if he means a cheap/dirty shot then I do not condone what he is saying.

st33lersguy
09-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Nothing wrong with taking a good shot at a QB as long as he doesn't break a QB's nose like on of his teammates did

BigNastyDefense
09-10-2011, 10:56 PM
What does a "good shot" actually mean though? A shot that would have been perfectly legal 5 years ago? Because then I have no problem with the statement.

However if he means a cheap/dirty shot then I do not condone what he is saying.

Exactly, and Suggs is king of the cheap shot.

Also, he just put a bullseye on him with the refs. Now a hit that is on the fence and probably wouldn't get a flag is probably gonna be a flag because the NFL won't allow a player to say something like this and not have it be a flagged play, even if it's closer to legal.

fansince'76
09-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Also, he just put a bullseye on him with the refs. Now a hit that is on the fence and probably wouldn't get a flag is probably gonna be a flag because the NFL won't allow a player to say something like this and not have it be a flagged play, even if it's closer to legal.

Don't bet on it. He went on the radio bragging about the Ravens having a bounty on Ward and Mendenhall a couple of years ago (against NFL rules) and Goodell didn't do jack shit about it.

steel striker
09-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Yep if Woodley or Harrison would have said this worthless Roger would have made a statement of some sort. Since it was a raven player no harm no foul. I hope Suggs get jacked up by Hines on a broken down play.

HometownGal
09-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Bring it Beefalo! :drink:

stillers4me
09-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Bring it Beefalo! :drink:

Well said! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/th_chestbump.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/?action=view&current=chestbump.gif)