PDA

View Full Version : Ravens concerned about their offensive line

stillers4me
09-10-2011, 08:08 AM
If it's true that familiarity breeds contempt, the Steelers have nothing to worry about when it comes to Baltimore's offensive line.

The Ravens aren't even familiar with their own offensive line, which has become an ever-growing concern heading into Sunday's season opener against the Steelers at M&T Bank Stadium.

"It's not an ideal situation for us, that's for sure," Ravens veteran center Matt Birk said. "It is what it is. That's the world we're living in right now."............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_756043.html

ALLD
09-10-2011, 09:20 AM
More likely, they should be concerned about the Steeler's pass rush.

Randy06
09-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Fresh meat!

GBMelBlount
09-10-2011, 01:27 PM
The Ravens aren't even familiar with their own offensive line, which has become an ever-growing concern heading into Sunday's season opener against the Steelers at M&T Bank Stadium.

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_756043.html

Ummm. Welcome the Steelers world. Seems like we have offensive woes EVERY year.

Fortunately we have a quarterback that scrambles, fights and big makes plays under incredible duress.....

Not so sure Flacco can produce the same results....or any quarterback for that matter.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-10-2011, 01:30 PM
McKinnie, Oher, Grubbs were all 1st round picks. Birk, Gurode, McKinnie have all been selected to the pro bowl. Yanda has 5 years experience and is a guy that we passed on to select Matt Spaeth instead in the draft.

I dont think the Ravens have much to worry about in the way of O line talent. The Steelers on the other hand have a premium talent in Pouncey and a makeshift group that consists of Legursky and Jon Scott. If any team has the O line disadvantage here, its the Steelers.

Psycho Ward 86
09-10-2011, 01:34 PM
McKinnie, Oher, Grubbs were all 1st round picks. Birk, Gurode, McKinnie have all been selected to the pro bowl. Yanda has 5 years experience and is a guy that we passed on to select Matt Spaeth instead in the draft.

I dont think the Ravens have much to worry about in the way of O line talent. The Steelers on the other hand have a premium talent in Pouncey and a makeshift group that consists of Legursky and Jon Scott. If any team has the O line disadvantage here, its the Steelers.

Good points. I tend to agree that we've been overblowing the O-line "problems" of the Ravens on this board. I do however, think the O-line gap between the Steelers and Ravens just got a whole lot smaller at a convenient time.

tube517
09-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Remember they have it all "figured out"

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Still think the Ravens have more concerns than the Steelers O line??

steelpride12
09-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Hmm who has the OL problems now?! We do, but hey nothing new.

NCSteeler
09-12-2011, 12:28 AM
This is almost as funny as the article about how old our defense is and everyone saying no they are not going to just fall off like that. HAHA, today they looked their age.