PDA

View Full Version : Ravens probably aren't ready for Pittsburgh

stillers4me
09-09-2011, 06:14 PM
The Ravens face a major uphill battle Sunday against the Steelers, one I'm not sure they can overcome. In previous games the last couple of years, you could make an argument for either team winning. But on Sunday, the Ravens have a lot of new faces. They're young in the secondary with cornerbacks Jimmy Smith and Cary Williams and at tight end with Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta. They also have a new receiver in Lee Evans and backup running back in Ricky Williams.

But the area of most concern is the offensive line, which just hasn't had time to work together. In fact, the first unit hasn't taken one snap together in game conditions....................... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/th_sign07.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/?action=view&current=sign07.gif)

Read more @ http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-mike-preston-ravens-probably-arent-ready-for-pittsburgh-20110909,0,6596530.story

suitanim
09-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Usually the Rats wait until AFTER the loss to make excuses.

Yeeshk! What a bunch of whiners!

Boh
09-09-2011, 06:38 PM
sissies!

Burghfan58
09-09-2011, 06:40 PM

They are trying a different approach to the game since the trash talking hatred hasn't worked in the past.

steel striker
09-09-2011, 08:25 PM
The rats forget excuses are the nails that built the house of failures.

Count Steeler
09-09-2011, 08:26 PM

Practice makes perfect. They are just getting warmed up.

steelerdude15
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
sissies!

:chuckle:

GBMelBlount
09-09-2011, 09:30 PM
This is the most confident I have seen Steelers Nation regarding the Ravens.

Wouldn't it be ironic if we took them too lightly and they beat us.

X-Terminator
09-09-2011, 09:52 PM
This is the most confident I have seen Steelers Nation regarding the Ravens.

Wouldn't it be ironic if we took them too lightly and they beat us.

Any given Sunday. I certainly am not taking them lightly and I hope the Steelers aren't either.

pepsyman1
09-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Any given Sunday. I certainly am not taking them lightly and I hope the Steelers aren't either.

I agree... They still have an aggressive defense and are never a push over team. Flacco certainly isn't Ben, but he's certainly capable of putting points on the board if we are complacent. I hope our guys go into it as jacked up as a playoff game.

Edman
09-10-2011, 12:45 AM
There is nothing wrong with confidence. I'm confident the Steelers can win this game.

What nobody is saying (and they better not be) is that it's going to be easy. It's going to be a tough game that will be decided in the 4th quarter or OT. Chuck Pagano is an aggressive DC and is going to throw a lot at Ben and the Offense.

HometownGal
09-10-2011, 06:34 AM

I'm with both of you here. I don't take any team lighly on any given game day and I'm sure as hell not going to do it this week with one of our fiercest competitors. No way. No how.