PDA

View Full Version : First game plans

Vis
09-09-2011, 08:08 AM
If you're going, good on you, mate, but don't rub it in.

For the rest of us, hitting a bar or staying home? Menu?

I'm not sure yet. I don't have the kids so I'm considering going to the Steelers bar.

Vis
09-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Maybe I'm the only one excited by the opening weekend.

suitanim
09-09-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm planning on hitting the local sports bar which, although located in the middle of Browns country, has a "Steelers room", which is actually larger than the rest of the bar (The sports bar side shows the Browns game, the live entertainment room, which is glassed off the other half, is actually larger).

Vis
09-09-2011, 09:47 AM
The place I go to has a main room with many games playing and a back room reserved for Steelers fans. Always a great crowd. I wish the food was better.

suitanim
09-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Pah!

Eat beer.

Silverback
09-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Maybe I'm the only one excited by the opening weekend.

You're certainly not alone. I debated on going, since I live about 45 minutes south of Baltimore, but ticket prices for this one are a little too much for my wallet at the moment.

Will definitely be watching in full apparel, towel in hand, and yelling at the TV from home.

:tt03:

sactownsteeler
09-09-2011, 11:37 AM
I have the kids that day because the wife didn't ask for Pittsburgh's opening day off :huh: so I will be watching the game from home with me and the 5 yr old wearing our gear....

GutterflowerSteel
09-09-2011, 11:43 AM
You're certainly not alone. I debated on going, since I live about 45 minutes south of Baltimore, but ticket prices for this one are a little too much for my wallet at the moment.

Will definitely be watching in full apparel, towel in hand, and yelling at the TV from home.

:tt03:

Me, too - I'm in Frederick. Where are you?

In answer to the original poster, I'm spending it at home w/my b/f watching football all day long. His game (Redskins) is on right after mine. I'm making a batch of Swedish meatballs, will get some Glory Days wings, probably bake some goodies, too :tt02: GO, STEELERS! Can't wait to see them crush the Raisins ... AGAIN :jolly:

Vis
09-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Me, too - I'm in Frederick. Where are you?

In answer to the original poster, I'm spending it at home w/my b/f watching football all day long. His game (Redskins) is on right after mine. I'm making a batch of Swedish meatballs, will get some Glory Days wings, probably bake some goodies, too :tt02: GO, STEELERS! Can't wait to see them crush the Raisins ... AGAIN :jolly:

You date a redskins fan? Charitable.

Mamaduck43
09-09-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't watch well with anyone but my son - - and he is in Hawaii, so that won't be happening.... I will have a light breakfast, and then will be having Kielbasa and kraut for half time eats... I don't do too much eating during the game, unless it is a real blowout and there is no stress.... I am always apprehensive when we play B'more - - too damn many deliberate injuries, and you know that they will be out to eliminate some key players.... And, of course there will be no repercussions to their actions.... My gut is already in knots just thinking about it..... Yikes.....

Oh - - I will be drinking Yuengling!!!! And, probably lots of it - - depending on how the game goes.....

Vis
09-09-2011, 12:14 PM
http://co109w.col109.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=e1eb252e-db06-11e0-8ba0-00215ad7c620&Aux=4%7C0%7C8CE3D2ACBCE3BF0%7C%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C% 7C&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

suitanim
09-09-2011, 12:23 PM
My plan is to....

Beat on the Rats
Beat on the Rats
Beat on the Rats with a baseball bat
Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Oh yea.

http://politicalnightmare.com/images/Steelers/dead_raven_rip.jpg

86WARD
09-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Want to watch 4-5 wide...all day.

SteelerFanInStl
09-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I'll be at home watching it. I can only watch the first hour or so live though because I have an Open House to do (I'm a Realtor). At least I have NFL Sunday Ticket again this year so I don't have to watch the games on a lousy internet stream!

GutterflowerSteel
09-09-2011, 01:04 PM
You date a redskins fan? Charitable.
Yes, I like to remind him how good it is of me LOL He's not obnoxious about his Redskin-ism ;) I mean - how could he be? :chuckle:

GodfatherofSoul
09-09-2011, 01:39 PM
After the game, I'm going to drop a steak knife on my front yard, then drive away really fast.

steel striker
09-09-2011, 02:29 PM
I'll be home in Delaware watching and, yelling at our guys. I'll be cooking up some brauts as well. Where i live I'm surrounded by rat & eagle fans but, there alot of steeler fans here as well. I can't wait for the game.