PDA

View Full Version : Five bold predictions for the NFL season

stillers4me
09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
With the NFL beginning this week, I figured I'd do some leaguewide predictions. I'll make Patriots predictions next week …
1. Two AFC East teams will make the playoffsIt won't be the two you might think. Yes, the New England Patriots should win the division again (a topic I'll discuss in further detail next week), but I see the Miami Dolphins as the next-best team in the AFC East. My reasoning is twofold: (1) There's no chance Miami will go 1-7 at home again this season, and (2) the New York Jets are worse than they were last season. The Jets had the most underwhelming offseason of any contending team, and I believe that ultimately will come back to bite them. The Dolphins have enough talent -- especially on defense -- to overcome their issues at quarterback........

Read who he predicts to win league MVP and who his superbowl winner prediction is........ :bounce:
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6936127/five-bold-predictions-nfl-season

kmsteelerwr15
09-07-2011, 08:37 PM
I hope he is correct but I think he might be the 1st person to predict Ben as MVP, well at least from the media.

SteelerFanInStl
09-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I almost stopped reading when he said that Miami was going to make the playoffs. :LOL: The rest of the article I agree with. I think that it will be the Steelers offense that leads them this year unlike the defense that has led them in the past. If Ben stays healthy, I can see him having the numbers to win MVP.

The Duke
09-07-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't like it. I want nobody predicting good things for Ben, I want more talk of a hangover (super bowl hangover :chuckle:)

and from espn boston? is he trying to jinx us??

I almost stopped reading when he said that Miami was going to make the playoffs. :LOL: The rest of the article I agree with. I think that it will be the Steelers offense that leads them this year unlike the defense that has led them in the past. If Ben stays healthy, I can see him having the numbers to win MVP.

Well, they have one of the best defenses in the league. All they need is for Henne not to suck really

Not an impossible prediction

oneforthetoe
09-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Five predictions for the season, huh?

1) At some point during the season a defensive player will step on Tom Brady's toes giving him a second degree booboo. This will prompt Roger Goodell to outlaw the wearing of spikes in favor of sandles for all NFL players. In addition, the Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

2) The Browns will suck.The Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

3) We will all get a pain in our necks listening to all the talk about the pain in Peyton Manning's neck. The Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

4) The Crypt Keeper (Al Davis) will become so frustrated with the Raiders' offense that he will call down a play to the sidelines from the booth. The play call will be a go-route to Cliff Branch. The Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

5) The BenGals will suck. The Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

All five guaranteed. ;)

siss
09-07-2011, 11:52 PM
I believe that I was the first to make the MVP prediction. He is copying my prediction!

MVP MVP MVP MVP!!!!

Butch
09-08-2011, 05:05 AM
Five predictions for the season, huh?

1) At some point during the season a defensive player will step on Tom Brady's toes giving him a second degree booboo. This will prompt Roger Goodell to outlaw the wearing of spikes in favor of sandles for all NFL players. In addition, the Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

2) The Browns will suck.The Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

3) We will all get a pain in our necks listening to all the talk about the pain in Peyton Manning's neck. The Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

4) The Crypt Keeper (Al Davis) will become so frustrated with the Raiders' offense that he will call down a play to the sidelines from the booth. The play call will be a go-route to Cliff Branch. The Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

5) The BenGals will suck. The Patriots will receive a 1st round draft pick and James Harrison will be fined $20,000.

All five guaranteed. ;)

Aint it the truth!!!

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Well, they have one of the best defenses in the league. All they need is for Henne not to suck really

Not an impossible prediction

But Henne DOES suck. He's a terrible NFL QB. They also only have 2 WRs worth mentioning and they're relying on Reggie Bush and a rookie at RB.

Defense good, offense poor. That's not going to get them in to the playoffs when they have to play the Pats and Jets 2 times each. Realistically they're a 7-8 win team AT BEST.

steeldawg
09-08-2011, 08:45 AM
I hate the jets too but I really dont see how they got so much worse than last years team? If anything, sanchez haing another year under his belt is only going to make the jets better this year.