PDA

View Full Version : Kovacevic: No reason Steelers shouldn't win

stillers4me
09-07-2011, 05:31 PM
It's Steelers-Ravens week, in case you've been rooming with fugitive Libyan dictators, and the heated/hyperbolic portion of our program gets going Wednesday when the first swarms of cameras and microphones hit the teams' practice facilities.

Better bring backup.

LaMarr Woodley might revisit his summer dig that Baltimore will never win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco at quarterback. Ben Roethlisberger might recall Haloti Ngata breaking his nose. Hines Ward might demonstrate some end-zone sambas. And over in Owings Mills, Md., expect no less color from the Ravens' Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and Ed Reed.........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_755432.html

Austin87
09-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Pretty optimistic article, lets hope the game plays out that way.

steelpride12
09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Ready to see Woodley have a big game and season after a huge signing.

suitanim
09-08-2011, 10:12 AM
I can see that. Only monkeywrench that might possibly be thrown into the works is the human torch: William Gay.

If I was Baltimore, I'd concentrate on scheming as many possible ways to isolate Gay and smoke him. He's perfectly capable of giving up two big TD's, and that would take a 31-13 game and make it a 31-27 game.

A we learned in the Super Bowl, in a close game one single error (like Mendy's fumble) could end up being the difference.

Spike
09-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Gay isn't even a starter on defense - - are all you Tomlin/Arians haters making Gay the new scapegoat for everything now?

suitanim
09-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Gay isn't even a starter on defense - - are all you Tomlin/Arians haters making Gay the new scapegoat for everything now?

A) Not a Tomlin hater
B) I like Arians, and defend him form the rabble constantly
C) Gay is a nickel back, and is on the filed constantly, especially since teams like to pass a lot against us
D) Are you his dad or something? He was rated 81st out of 100 DB's. Dude gets lit up like a Christmas tree every third play he's on the field.

Spike
09-08-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm your daddy, and I'm here with a belt. Where's Vis?

this is the only guy I worry about in the secondary

"I feel awesome," Polamalu said.

"We'll see how this year turns out, but I couldn't imagine feeling any better than I do now."

suitanim
09-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Flying pigs?

Spike?

Spike
09-08-2011, 10:45 AM
so I spelled my name wrong- I was really drunk at the time

Does it make me sound Swedish?

suitanim
09-08-2011, 10:55 AM

Or maybe sort of a variation on "Soooooooooey!"

At least I know you aren't Gay's dad.

Vis is over in the political forum, by the way, riling up the TEA party members.

Spike
09-08-2011, 11:00 AM
It's the Ravens corners that should be ascared

#steelers WR Wallace on #Ravens rookie CB Smith: "I'm not worried about him. He needs to worry about us."

X-Terminator
09-08-2011, 11:20 AM

Fixed it for you.

Spike
09-08-2011, 11:43 AM
awesome!

I didn't like being a Swede anyway

suitanim
09-08-2011, 12:18 PM
awesome!

I didn't like being a Swede anyway

What happened to "Killer"?

Spike is very Steelers Nation old school.

Spike
09-08-2011, 02:19 PM
What happened to "Killer"?

Spike is very Steelers Nation old school.

I am Legion. My flock has scattered but I still keep my eye out for stragglers.