PDA

View Full Version : Logan Mankins, anyone?

Kaeg
06-26-2010, 07:12 AM
They seem to be hinting we are interested in him, although saying that the chance is low. Also mentioning Justin Fargas, but I'm not as keen about him as I would be for Mankins. I'm sure Mankins wouldn't come cheap either.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/410924-pittsburgh-steelers-logan-mankins-and-other-free-agent-possibilities

Sorry, I just found Mankins thread in "Around the NFL" section. Please delete this one if you should.

wootawnee
06-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Justin Fargus was the only thing the Raiders had the past couple of years....He is the heaviest footed back in the league.....He plows through tackles.....Gotta love the guy.........I would not know what to say about Logan Mankins......

7willBheaven
06-26-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm all for improving the team. It all depends on what they'd have to give up to acquire him and pay him. And of course as the article states they would then have to start Pouncey at center...which I have no problem with. The only thing it would do it pretty much make it so Urbik would be a backup as you'd have 2 really good guards aka no room for him in the starting line up...thats the only part i wouldnt like...letting a 3rd round pick go to waste (again) just being a backup for a number of years longer. In reality I dont see it happening though...based on what the Pats would want and money he'd want/etc.

Now Fargas I'd have no problem signing him to a 1 year deal...and let him and Redman fight it at during camp...as thats pretty much the spot thats up for grabs at this point...and let the best man win. Fargas has the NFL experience so in that manner he'd have the edge. Also he'd give some more experienced depth behind Mendy and Moore and that would give Dwyer the chance to learn more and get involved here and there.

I wouldnt mind the backfield of Mendy, Moore, Fargas, Dwyer, and Summers (Logan too if he makes the team could play some RB too)

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Mankins..........not gonna happen. Steelers already have committed $$ to Kemo and will probably go with Hartwig at C and let Pouncey, Essex, Foster, Urbik battle for the other guard spot. Likely will spend $$ on their own guys than high priced guards.

solardave
06-27-2010, 03:35 AM
I don't see either one happening because neither will be cheap.