PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Steelers still bringing in WRs ?

katmandu
09-06-2011, 10:20 PM
I've read they've brought in (2) more WRs to evaluate in the last day or 2.

Since we are stacked with quality WRs already what's the point ?

Why not bring in more OL and CBs instead ??

What am I missing here ??

X-Terminator
09-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Link please?

7willBheaven
09-06-2011, 11:37 PM
He's talking about this...

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09/steelers-to-also-workout-wr-juaquin-iglesias-on-tuesday/

Dorin Dickerson (TE/WR/Hback) and Juaquin Iglesias (WR)

--------------------

As far as why bring them in...if you know anything about football then you should know teams bring in a lot of guys during the season for looks. Be it just to check them out...to add them to the PS...to have the player on speed dial incase of an injury...or even sign them to the active roster and so on. All teams do this throughout the year...most of them you do not hear about...but some (like this) you do. Now in the Steelers case it could any of them (except the signing to active roster)...its just all part of the process...and doesnt usually mean much in reality.

katmandu
09-06-2011, 11:48 PM
He's talking about this...

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09/steelers-to-also-workout-wr-juaquin-iglesias-on-tuesday/

Dorin Dickerson (TE/WR/Hback) and Juaquin Iglesias (WR)

--------------------

As far as why bring them in...if you know anything about football then you should know teams bring in a lot of guys during the season for looks. Be it just to check them out...to add them to the PS...to have the player on speed dial incase of an injury...or even sign them to the active roster and so on. All teams do this throughout the year...most of them you do not hear about...but some (like this) you do. Now in the Steelers case it could any of them (except the signing to active roster)...its just all part of the process...and doesnt usually mean much in reality.Yup. That's the source. Was going to post it but the owner of that site gets pissed off when people promote his site. Go figure...

Anyways, it would be nice if the Steelers worked on bringing in more OL/CBs to check out. Perhaps they have and are doing so and we just aren't hearing about it.

katmandu
09-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Here's another link....

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/09/06/dickerson-to-workout-for-steelers/

shutdown
09-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Owner of that site is a douche. Definitely don't follow him on twitter during game days, he whines worse than my 2 year old daughter.

He's also misreported several times. Anyone got a more reliable source?

X-Terminator
09-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Yup. That's the source. Was going to post it but the owner of that site gets pissed off when people promote his site. Go figure...

Anyways, it would be nice if the Steelers worked on bringing in more OL/CBs to check out. Perhaps they have and are doing so and we just aren't hearing about it.

We've been promoting his site from the beginning - even have a link to his site on our home page. So far, we haven't gotten any complaints. :noidea: So go ahead and post them, and if we end up having a problem, we'll take care of it.

SteelerEmpire
09-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Juaquin Iglesias played here with Sam Bradford on the Oklahoma Sooners the year they broke the record for the most points scored by a college football team in a single year (702). He lead the Sooners WR core with an average 82.1 yds per game that year. I think they were averaging 50-60 points per game.

Galax Steeler
09-07-2011, 04:28 AM
We've been promoting his site from the beginning - even have a link to his site on our home page. So far, we haven't gotten any complaints. :noidea: So go ahead and post them, and if we end up having a problem, we'll take care of it.

Have to agree I have posted from his site alot.

suitanim
09-07-2011, 05:25 AM
I didn't know Julio Iglesias played football, too. Maybe they want him for his singing voice.

Chidi29
09-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Not a big deal. We're talking about practice squad caliber of guys. Should there be an injury at WR, I imagine Grisham would get called up to the 53 and some receiver like Dickerson would fill his spot on the PS to help out on the scout team.

salamander
09-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Its part of the NFL. Teams are always talking to players.

BigNastyDefense
09-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Its part of the NFL. Teams are always talking to players.

Exactly, I am sure that the Steelers have met with offensive linemen and corners, but it hasn't been reported. The teams normally don't announce who they are meeting with.

And the guys available right now, for the most part, aren't anyone that would make a difference. Wouldn't be a starter, wouldn't make the two deep. Anyone that good is on a roster.

vader29
09-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Blame it on Sweed, if he wouldn't have gotten hurt and made the team he would have solved all of their problems and they wouldn't have the need to look at another receiver until he retired. :chuckle: