PDA

View Full Version : Steelers v. Ravens… which team has more to lose this weekend?

stillers4me
09-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Not that I need to tell anyone in Steeler nation, but ITS RAVENS WEEK!

What better way to welcome back the NFL season than with a Steelers Ravens matchup in the first week of the year? Hines Ward said the league obviously knew what it was doing when this game was scheduled, but I don’t know if my heart is ready to get this amped up so early in the year.

The good thing about this game, is it will set the tone quickly for the beginning stages of the season. It would be too obvious for me to say that this game means a lot for both teams, but I think this edition of the AFC North brawl has a greater importance for the Ravens than it does for the black and gold.........

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/09/06/steelers-v-ravens-which-team-has-more-to-lose-this-weekend/

Vis
09-06-2011, 05:49 PM
They do. They are at home and have a tougher schedule.

suitanim
09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
They do. If we lose, we move on and figure we'll just beat them again in Pittsburgh AND in the playoffs, where we own them.

But it won't happen anyway, because we already own them.

polamalubeast
09-06-2011, 06:00 PM
This is a must-win for the Ravens.If the Ravens lost, Flacco is 0-7 against Ben Roethlisberger.Mentally it's a must-win for the Ravens........And the game in Baltimore

I will not be happy if the Steelers lose, but it will not be the end of the world, because last year they lost at home against the Ravens in the first game against them.

If he loses against the Ravens, the Steelers will have good chances to win against the Seahawks at home and against the Colts without Peyton Manning.

The Steelers are likely to be 3-0 or 2-1 in their first 3 games.

.The game against the Ravens is the biggest challenge.

Edman
09-06-2011, 06:10 PM
The Ravens definitely have more to lose. They're at home in what is essentially their Super Bowl right now. If the clock reads 0:00 and the Ravens are on the losing end Sunday, expect the collective mental state of Baltimore to collapse and mass bloodletting will ensue. Angry Baltimore fans readying their telephones to call up the radio stations, Ravens fans waiting for the next bridge to jump off, Good luck to Harbaugh trying to talk and excuse his way out of this one should he lose on Sunday.

Baltimore's mindset is already at a fever pitch. I don't think they can handle another loss to the Steelers.

Count Steeler
09-06-2011, 06:15 PM
This is their Super Bowl, this is the pinnacle of their season. If they don't win this week, there may be hangings in the streets of Baltimore. Well, maybe just crying, but you know what I mean. If they get routed this week, they may end up in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and THEN they can finally dream about beating us.

steelerdude15
09-06-2011, 10:34 PM
They have a lot more to lose. As some Raven fans are saying, it's their season. :chuckle:

BigNastyDefense
09-07-2011, 11:07 AM
The Ravens have more to lose. Their season is built around beating the Steelers.....the Steelers season is built around winning the Super Bow.

BlastFurnace
09-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Neither. It's the first game of the season and 15 to go. Whichever team wins or loses, the important thing is to realize that titles aren't won and lost due to one loss in September.

steelpride12
09-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Ravens of course have more to lose, but that can be a problem for Pittsburgh. Sure it looks as if we have the edge against them and Ben does own the Ratbirds, but playing against a team who is hungry to win and beat you and a win would give the all the confidence in the world, I don't care what players they have, they will be deadly come Sunday and we are in for a tough dog fight.

steeldevil
09-07-2011, 02:17 PM
They do because they need to get over the mental barrier we have in their heads. And also it is in Baltimore so they need to take advantage and put us in a hole early because its at their place. Being behind us early with a trip to our place still looming would not be a good position for them to be in. But thats what going to happen so they better get ready for it.

salamander
09-07-2011, 03:17 PM
They do. This is their Super Bowl, albeit in week 1. We're stuck so far in their heads.

Kittyfish
09-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Suggs said in some interview that they weren't even allowed to say the word "Steelers" in the locker room, or the facitlity, or something. Regardless, the point is, we are so in their heads. So ridiculous - they can't even mention our team's name? Like the Steelers are Voldemort or something. Weird.

We've got to lose to them some day, I suppose, but I sure hope that day isn't this Sunday!

zulater
09-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Suggs said in some interview that they weren't even allowed to say the word "Steelers" in the locker room, or the facitlity, or something. Regardless, the point is, we are so in their heads. So ridiculous - they can't even mention our team's name? Like the Steelers are Voldemort or something. Weird.

We've got to lose to them some day, I suppose, but I sure hope that day isn't this Sunday!

Bite your tongue girl, there's no law that says we ever have to lose to them again. :chuckle:

Crow-Magnon
09-09-2011, 04:27 PM
That's hard to say. It's easy to say the Ravens have more to lose, as their record against the Roethlisberger-led Steelers hasn't been all that good as of late, so a loss to Pittsburgh, at home no less, could be debilitating.

Having said that, one can also say that the Steelers record after a SB appearance isn't all that great, either. So being down 0-1 to a heated division rival that is most likely the only other team standing in their way of a AFCN division crown isn't all that palatable, either.

Either way, Blastfurnace is correct- there will still be 15 games to go. I know this may sound foolish, but while the Steelers may be the Ravens nemesis as of late, if they were really all that into the Ravens heads, the majority of these brutal contests would not have been decided by three points or less.

suitanim
09-09-2011, 04:37 PM
That's hard to say. It's easy to say the Ravens have more to lose, as their record against the Roethlisberger-led Steelers hasn't been all that good as of late, so a loss to Pittsburgh, at home no less, could be debilitating.

Having said that, one can also say that the Steelers record after a SB appearance isn't all that great, either. So being down 0-1 to a heated division rival that is most likely the only other team standing in their way of a AFCN division crown isn't all that palatable, either.

Either way, Blastfurnace is correct- there will still be 15 games to go. I know this may sound foolish, but while the Steelers may be the Ravens nemesis as of late, if they were really all that into the Ravens heads, the majority of these brutal contests would not have been decided by three points or less.

Well, what else could you say?

HometownGal
09-10-2011, 06:37 AM
The Ravens have more to lose. Their season is built around beating the Steelers.....the Steelers season is built around winning the Super Bow.

This. ^^ :applaudit:

steel striker
09-10-2011, 02:56 PM
It's much bigger for the rats because, if the steelers win the panic will be over the media outlets. Plus the media will beat up Flacco because, he will still be winless when Ben plays. To me it is a big game but, just one of 16 games.

Moose
09-10-2011, 03:49 PM
This is a hard one to figure. It's a division game and BOTH teams need a WIN in this game. You know that this game and the one later in the year at Heinz could very likely become the deciding factor on Div. champ, and/or home field advantage ..... I'd say it's tie---both need this win. I don't go with 'easier'' schedule since we have no idea what the teams on the schedule are like. The bungholes ?? Hell, they tend to beat us 1 out of 2 games, and sometimes they've beaten us both games. And let's not forget a few years ago when we lost ...what 2 or 3 games to some really 'easy' teams in a row. Division games you HAVE TO WIN !! Division champs go to the play-offs automatically !!