PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Make Correct Calls on 53-Man Roster, But Maybe Not the Practice Squad

stillers4me
09-06-2011, 06:06 AM
As usual, the Steelers’ front office and coaching staff had to make some tough decisions on the team’s final roster cuts. And as the brain trust of the best franchise in the NFL normally does, they made the right ones. I am not just proclaiming this because I correctly picked 52 out of the 53 players who made the team’s roster, having missed on Tony Hills getting released which pretty much no one projected after the preseason.

Instead, the Steelers kept the exact 53 who I was hoping they would keep after Thursday’s preseason finale against the Panthers. The only change I would have made was to not play rookie cornerback Cortez Allen (a long-term project from the Citadel who sat out the first three preseason games with a slight hamstring injury) against Carolina, store him on the injured-reserve list for a year, and thus keep Crezdon Butler as the team’s sixth cornerback on the 53-man active roster.................

read more @ http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/09/steelers-correct-calls-53man-roster-practice-squad/

Chidi29
09-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Putting Allen on IR can't be that simple. The team still has to show that he has a serious injury that will keep him out for an extended period of time. If he was healthy by the last game, which he was or close to since he played, the league likely would've rejected any attempt.

Austin87
09-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Very good article.

43Hitman
09-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Great day, three sets of twins. Man oh man that has to be a handful. My wife would kill me after the second set. lol

Steeltreal
09-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Those damn Cardinals, I wonder if they are targeting Limas Sweed and Tony Hills next.

salamander
09-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Those damn Cardinals, I wonder if they are targeting Limas Sweed and Tony Hills next.

Tony Hills already signed with the Broncos.

Austin87
09-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Tony Hills already signed with the Broncos.

I'm glad he got a team. For the first time since we drafted this guy, he actually showed up ready to play. Tony Hills had a pretty good preseason.