PDA

View Full Version : Ravens set to debut new secondary against Steelers

stillers4me
09-05-2011, 08:53 PM
With all of the attention in Baltimore on the tackle and wide receiver positions, it’s easy to forget how different their secondary is going to look compared to the group that played the AFC Championship game.

Gone are starters Josh Wilson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4229/josh-wilson) and Dawan Landry (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3956/dawan-landry). It appears that Tom Zbikowski (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4736/tom-zbikowski) will take over Landry’s old starting job at safety.

Much more interesting: Baltimore’s youth movement at cornerback........

Read more @ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/05/ravens-set-to-debut-new-secondary-against-steelers/

salamander
09-05-2011, 09:06 PM
They're certainly going to have one hell of a test.

BigNastyDefense
09-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I can't wait to see the look on Harbaugh's face when his secondary becomes burnt toast.

Randy06
09-06-2011, 01:37 AM
We are just so fast and smooth this year, and with mendy.......CANT WAIT!

XxKnightxX
09-06-2011, 02:35 AM
unbiased8383 says: Sep 5, 2011 9:55 PM

Tiki and his 16 year old fiance know about growing pains.

LMFAO Most Irrelevant , yet hilarious comment.

Galax Steeler
09-06-2011, 03:42 AM
I can't wait to see how our receivers are this year we have alot of speed and talent.

cold-hard-steel
09-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I think our offense has a chance to be pretty explosive.....can't wait to have some toasted ravens, ummmmmmmmm. Yummmy !

steelerdiva
09-06-2011, 09:39 AM
I think our offense has a chance to be pretty explosive.....can't wait to have some toasted ravens, ummmmmmmmm. Yummmy !

Well, being from Memphis, TN...I prefer BBQ Raven. :hungry::hungry:

cold-hard-steel
09-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Well, being from Memphis, TN...I prefer BBQ Raven. :hungry::hungry: That sounds pretty good too! Know matter how ya cook em up they are delicious . I like mine well done over a hickory fire.(LOL!)

crcsnail
09-06-2011, 10:39 AM
i hope we dont play to cautious and actually use our main weopens , the wide receivers . cos as much as i like mendy i think our running game is now the secondary option .

The Duke
09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Cary Williams is definitely interesting. I thought he was like their 5th or 6th corner

I do expect Jimmy Smith to struggle though. He is a rookie and will be facing one of the best Qbs in the game, and likely against Mike Wallace in his first game

XxKnightxX
09-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Cary Williams is definitely interesting. I thought he was like their 5th or 6th corner

I do expect Jimmy Smith to struggle though. He is a rookie and will be facing one of the best Qbs in the game, and likely against Mike Wallace in his first game

One Pump Fake and a double move and hes done for.

suitanim
09-06-2011, 12:14 PM
With all of the attention in Baltimore on the tackle and wide receiver positions, it’s easy to forget how different their secondary is going to look compared to the group that played the AFC Championship game.

Gone are starters Josh Wilson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4229/josh-wilson) and Dawan Landry (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3956/dawan-landry). It appears that Tom Zbikowski (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4736/tom-zbikowski) will take over Landry’s old starting job at safety.

Much more interesting: Baltimore’s youth movement at cornerback........

Read more @ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/05/ravens-set-to-debut-new-secondary-against-steelers/

Well, good luck with that, Ratbirds...........

Not really. It's gonna look like they have a bunch of William Gay's running around back there....

SteelerFanInStl
09-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I like this comment:

When the Steelers go four wide they will be facing three of the fastest receivers in the NFL. The fourth guy holds every Steelers receiving record.

Some of the comments from Ravens fans make you wonder if they even watch football, such as this one:

It’s ironic that steel trolls are all over the article about Ravens secondary, considering that Ravens’ Foxworth, #5 corner on the roster ( Lardarius Webb is clear #3/nickel corner) is probably better then Pitt’s #1 corner Ike Taylor or any other corner on the roster.

:lol: Yea, just keep telling yourself that buddy!

86WARD
09-06-2011, 01:19 PM
That is a great comment...

ALLD
09-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Hope BB's arm does not fall off after throwing for 3 or 4 TDs.

sactownsteeler
09-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Well we know if they double Wallace then man are they in trouble with everyone else.....

Count Steeler
09-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Let's see how aggressive Arians is, or will he go conservative. Almost hope the Ravens get an early lead so that we open up our offense.

SteelerFanInStl
09-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Let's see how aggressive Arians is, or will he go conservative. Almost hope the Ravens get an early lead so that we open up our offense.

I hope that we come out aggressive and don't let up. It's always difficult to run on the Ravens so we need to target their weakness, which is their secondary.

Count Steeler
09-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I hope that we come out aggressive and don't let up. It's always difficult to run on the Ravens so we need to target their weakness, which is their secondary.

AND DON'T PLAY PREVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care how big of a lead we get.

suitanim
09-06-2011, 04:34 PM

No matter what he does, he'll be criticized. It'll either be "predictable", or "grab-bag", or "predictable grab-bag".

People who don't know don't realize they don't know what they don't know.

Edman
09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
I personally don't want the Steelers to jump out early. That never seems to bode well.

I want the Ravens to grab an early lead. The Steelers Offense over the years tends to explode when they're desperate and behind, but don't do as well playing aggressive with a lead.

I don't mean to be negative, but I don't think we're going to see what was advertised from the Steelers Offense this year and especially in this first game. The O-Line is still spotty and Ben is an injury away from gimping the offense entirely especially with his backyard style. The Rats D will be rushing hard Sunday with lots of blitzing. It's going to be tough low-scoring game.

Psycho Ward 86
09-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Hmm...i thought they picked up Bernard Pollard from the Chiefs to be the incumbent starter...guess i was wrong.

Count Steeler
09-06-2011, 06:24 PM
I personally don't want the Steelers to jump out early. That never seems to bode well.

I want the Ravens to grab an early lead. The Steelers Offense over the years tends to explode when they're desperate and behind, but don't do as well playing aggressive with a lead.

I don't mean to be negative, but I don't think we're going to see what was advertised from the Steelers Offense this year and especially in this first game. The O-Line is still spotty and Ben is an injury away from gimping the offense entirely especially with his backyard style. The Rats D will be rushing hard Sunday with lots of blitzing. It's going to be tough low-scoring game.

I have to agree, but it is nice to dream. The pre season was a nice showcase for some of the young talent we have, but the regular season may be a different story. Still think that Ben is going to have a great year though.

Edman
09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I have to agree, but it is nice to dream. The pre season was a nice showcase for some of the young talent we have, but the regular season may be a different story. Still think that Ben is going to have a great year though.

Oh yes, I expect a great year from Ben as well. But for this game we need "Get er done" gutsy Ben. This Sunday's game, win or lose is not going to be pretty. It's going to be slow and it going to be tough. I believe this until I see otherwise. If the Steelers play great and win and handily Sunday. I'll gladly eat my words. But it's the Ravens. They always give us a tough game and the Steelers better be ready to bring their best stuff.

Shoes
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, good luck with that, Ratbirds...........

Not really. It's gonna look like they have a bunch of William Gay's running around back there....

:chuckle: :chuckle: