PDA

View Full Version : Harrison: "I'm not worried about my back

stillers4me
09-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Maybe it's because the season opener is just six days away. Maybe it's because it's Steelers vs. Ravens. For whatever reason, James Harrison has proclaimed himself physically able to do his part Sunday.

"I'm good," he said Monday after practice. "I'm ready to go. What time do we play?"

When reminded that kickoff at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore is 1 p.m., the Steelers' star outside linebacker said, "I'll be there. To be honest with you, I'm not worried about my back."...........

read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/harrison-i-m-not-worried-about-my-back/article_dd19353f-a947-54c5-a048-c84518c2cebe.html

XxKnightxX
09-06-2011, 02:38 AM
I know Harrison is a beast, but I dont care what it is, from construction contractors, electricians, HVAC, EMS, and even athletics. Once your back starts acting up, there aint no going back. I know he will be fine and will take the utmost care of his body, but this is definitely a red flag regarding DeeBos future.

GodfatherofSoul
09-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I know Harrison is a beast, but I dont care what it is, from construction contractors, electricians, HVAC, EMS, and even athletics. Once your back starts acting up, there aint no going back. I know he will be fine and will take the utmost care of his body, but this is definitely a red flag regarding DeeBos future.

Problem is it takes so friggin' long for your back to heal and you can reaggravate easily. I had a back problem that probably took 3 years to get back 100% with lots of steps backwards along the way. I'm hoping players have top-end docs by now who know how to legitimately rehab back problems.

zulater
09-07-2011, 05:50 AM
• Lawrence Timmons "is an option" to move to outside linebacker if there is an injury to a starter there.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11250/1172650-66.stm

The real problem is that Jason Worldis hasn't shown that he's NFL ready, and able to spell Harrison without a significant drop off of play at the position. I really think the Steelers thought Worldis would be able to spell Harrison a couple series every game, but doesn't look like that will happen, therefore Harrison has to perform or else.

Pristas
09-07-2011, 06:58 AM
• Lawrence Timmons "is an option" to move to outside linebacker if there is an injury to a starter there.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11250/1172650-66.stm

The real problem is that Jason Worldis hasn't shown that he's NFL ready, and able to spell Harrison without a significant drop off of play at the position. I really think the Steelers thought Worldis would be able to spell Harrison a couple series every game, but doesn't look like that will happen, therefore Harrison has to perform or else.

And that's why Larry Foote is still on the team. He's more than capable in the interior. Imagine the look on Flacco's face when Timmons lines up on the outside. LOL! Timmons and Woodley can seal the corners and Foote and Farrior can more than hold there own in the interior. The problem would be if we were facing Brady and having Foote drop back in coverage.