PDA

View Full Version : Baron Batch Blog: The Beauty of Scars

stillers4me
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
It’s been about 3 weeks since I had surgery to repair my ACL. Surgery went great and I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers, keep em’ coming! Since then I’ve been placed on the Steelers IR (injured reserve) and have begun rehabbing. Let me take a minute to explain what I.R. is because I have had tons of people asking me what that actually means for me. Being on I.R. means that there are some things that I can and cannot do. Obviously it means that I will miss this entire season because of my injury and cant play, but I will be back with the team next year. Playing this season is about the only thing that I.R. means I CANT do. I still go to meetings, practices, games, am around the team as much as possible, and will stay in Pittsburgh to rehab. Having to sit out a year is definitely hard because I want to compete, but it also gives me a great opportunity to sit back and learn as much as possible for next year. Being able to soak up what it takes to be a successful NFL player by some of the best that have played the game is priceless...............

Read more @ http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/

Count Steeler
09-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Get on the sideline and inspire the team.

Polamalu Princess
09-05-2011, 05:18 PM
He seems like such a great guy. I cannot wait until he can play.

tihmtahm
09-05-2011, 05:29 PM
This kid is awesome. Great attitude! I hope he makes it on merit next year. From what I saw before the injury, he should have no problem.

Psycho Ward 86
09-05-2011, 05:44 PM
i know this sounds REALLY rude and everyone's gonna think im an ass, but maybe this injury was a blessing for the team. Just think about what we have in our stable of running backs; Rashard Mendenhall: a premier top 10 RB who can do everything well, Isaac Redman: a bludgeoner who thinks he has to pick up 8 yards on a 3rd and 1, Mewelde Moore: formerly a reliable 3rd down back, Johnathan Dwyer: very, very young back who's starting to show the greatness from his college days. I know that sounds like a great stable for most of us, but if Batch wouldve stayed healthy, we likely would have lost one of the formerly mentioned, probably Dwyer. I think this injury gave Dwyer a second-breath of life. Remember how horrible he was going in camp at first? Batch goes down, Dwyer rips off the yards in preseason. I think we all know Moore is pretty much gone after this season, so I think we're looking at Mendy, Redman, Batch, Dwyer after this season as opposed to Mendy, Redman, Batch, and possibly someone else.

The Duke
09-05-2011, 06:24 PM
i know this sounds REALLY rude and everyone's gonna think im an ass, but maybe this injury was a blessing for the team. Just think about what we have in our stable of running backs; Rashard Mendenhall: a premier top 10 RB who can do everything well, Isaac Redman: a bludgeoner who thinks he has to pick up 8 yards on a 3rd and 1, Mewelde Moore: formerly a reliable 3rd down back, Johnathan Dwyer: very, very young back who's starting to show the greatness from his college days. I know that sounds like a great stable for most of us, but if Batch wouldve stayed healthy, we likely would have lost one of the formerly mentioned, probably Dwyer. I think this injury gave Dwyer a second-breath of life. Remember how horrible he was going in camp at first? Batch goes down, Dwyer rips off the yards in preseason. I think we all know Moore is pretty much gone after this season, so I think we're looking at Mendy, Redman, Batch, Dwyer after this season as opposed to Mendy, Redman, Batch, and possibly someone else.

Hopefully Batch sticks himself to Moore. Once he's gone next year he should have learned a lot from him, and the team wouldn't miss a beat